Heel Toe Driving?

xion13

Known Member
Mar 7, 2005
petaling jaya
Visit site
anybody here expert on heel toe driving? is it suppose 2 be toe on brake and heel on the accelerator? because if it is.. then i have one major problem.. my leg cannot bend that way! haha.. advice anyone?

xion13

Known Member
Mar 7, 2005
petaling jaya
Visit site
hmm really? maybe my leg just isn't flexible enough... at 1st i tot it was heel on brake and toe on accel... but cannot control braking if i do that.. hehe but i'll try to bend my leg even more lol..

any more advice guys? thanks lots

KE2020

Known Member
Dec 12, 2003
Visit site
What car are u driving? Some cars need to modify the pedal a bit. If not bend until your leg break also can't :D

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
It's not really heel-toe actually you use the ball of your right feet to apply a constant pressure on the brake pedal and use the right edge of your shoe's heel to blip the throttle. If still unsure PM me next time before you go TT then we can meetup and I can show to you.

canken2

1,500 RPM
Mar 18, 2004
PJ
Visit site
Originally posted by cyclonite@Apr 10 2005, 22:13
It's not really heel-toe actually you use the ball of your right feet to apply a constant pressure on the brake pedal and use the right edge of your shoe's heel to blip the throttle. If still unsure PM me next time before you go TT then we can meetup and I can show to you.
cyclonite,
teach me i oso want to see how to do it

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
can.. can.. but you should also ask 'ninja_iga' he's very professional at doing it. but very hard to learn from him la coz it's second nature to him already.

xion13

Known Member
Mar 7, 2005
petaling jaya
Visit site
Ke2020.. i driving gti wif evo2.. but the pedals are still stock gti pedals

cyclonite: hey thanks, would really appreciate that. where do u live?

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
toe on brake n heal on throtle....
u try a few more time la...
sure can de...
last time when i 1st learn oso veree hard to move my feel that ways...
but now can liao....
happy training...

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
practise alot lerrr.. try to match the rev as u practise.. when u can do it properly .. u should ahve a heal and toe downshift without having the car jerk... it should be smooth all the way ..

gene

Dec 1, 2003
i drove a GTi too with stock pedals
it's actually very easy to do with the GTi as i find the clutch is very easy to catch as well.

initially I found it a bit hard to do but after a bit of practise its really fun and easy. i found it easier to start off by braking hard, that way its easier to blip the accel? I'd say its not just about blipping the accel that u gotta get used to. rather the whole process of braking, blipping and knowing when to release the clutch. some people say double clutching works better?

thats just how i did it and it worked out fine.
I'm sure if you ask the real experts, they'd be able to explain it to you more technically and you'll find it easier to understand?
anyways good luck with the H&T, it's addictive

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
if u feel like the stock pedal is hard to blip.. then i can go those accs shops and get those addon to ur pedal wan ... put those on then the distance between ur brake and ur accelerator will reduce since both of the pedal's surface is bigger already.

auxoura

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
no need to buy anything wan la.....get used to the original pedals..
if you rely on accessories and other products to do something, then hard for you to drive other cars without the same accessories...

time and practice...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Thanks to ZerotoHundred, I had the opportunity to participate in VW's media launch of three new models. You've probably seen the teasers in the newspapers already; the new models are the 1.8TSI Passat (RM184,888), 1.4TSI Cross Touran (RM166,888), and the 1.4TSI Jetta (RM149,888).

Whilst all three carry the TSI badge, only the Cross Touran and Jetta are twin-charged models. The Passat comes as a 1.8 turbo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience