Heel Toe Driving?

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
Auxora: It's physically impossible to heel/toe in my stock standard old school iswara. And racing pedals definitely help a lot.

Since the SGTi already comes with racing pedals, it shouldn't be a problem.

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
the purpose of heel and toe is for braking later and downshift without jerks. if u can do it right, 5-3 gear at 4k rpm no jerks at all, which i did it sometime, kinda hard, cause petrol really expensive nowadays. Have to throttle quite a lot.

yo battousai, long time no TT, when got time teach me how ya...hahahaha

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
the purpose of heel and toe is for braking later and downshift without jerks. if u can do it right, 5-3 gear at 4k rpm no jerks at all, which i did it sometime, kinda hard, cause petrol really expensive nowadays. Have to throttle quite a lot.

yo battousai, long time no TT, when got time teach me how ya...hahahaha

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Eh but I've heard stories of ppl like Michael Schumacher just hop in a manual car and can heel toe perfectly after just a few tries. How come they don't need to practice but still can get used to it so fast wan?

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
thats the diff between a racer n normal guy...
if everyone can get used to a new car n do it properly...
then michael shumacher no face liao lo....
hahaha...
jkjk...dun flame me

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
auxora: yea i understand what u mean .. but then its just a little aid for the beginning.. as they get the idea of the whole thing .. then they can remove it and do it without the accs pedal.. ^_^

johnson_goh86

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
Visit site
wait wait.. i read the whole thread.. and there are two sets of feedback.. so i`m not sure now.. is it heel on brakes and toe on accelerator or heel on accelerator and toe on break.. according to calvin itz heel on accelerator wor.. but i do it with toe on accelerator..

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
toe on excel then ur feet hav to bent like hell la....
somemore is easier for ur heel to be at lower(excel is lower than brake padel)......
see those clip they also toe on brake n heal on excel....
maybe u r more comfy wif toe on excel n heel on brake la....???

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by xion13@Apr 10 2005, 21:19
anybody here expert on heel toe driving? is it suppose 2 be toe on brake and heel on the accelerator? because if it is.. then i have one major problem.. my leg cannot bend that way! haha.. advice anyone?
[snapback]884929[/snapback]​
Hi Xion13, u remember me? We met at the Pro Hatch TT meet up point at ProJet Petrol Station.

Wah.. I wonder what's the effect of heel and toe in a turbocharged car.. does the blow off valve sound when u heel and toe?

Mine also stock pedals, but can still heel and toe.... but would be easier if it had those racing kind of pedals.

Heel and Toe takes alot of practise. Make sure u do it on a straight road. Practise heel and toe from 4th to 3rd gear.. once u get the timing correct, then u can try downshift to other gears.

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
try frmo 5-4 and 4-3...for beginner try at lower rev..dun go from 1st to 4th all full rev and try to downshift by using heel and toe.u will overev..so u need to do something else. but for start,just go around 4k and heel and toe from 5-4 and 4-3..try pratice wit the timing and make it natural which means u heel and toe without thinking the steps (takes alot of time..hehehe).onces u get 5-4,4-3 heel and toe downshift right without jerk,now try to downshift from 3-2.this time..u will realise that u need to blip more and is hard to match the nice rev( pratice again)..
try this for half a year...then another half a year try to go higher rev and u will discover another thing>>over rev
do on straight road and dun utilise it straight away for tackling corner,sekali misjudge speed u end up heel and toe in the middle of the corner which is abit dangerous.
for me, saru kuna wira is easier to match the rev compare to my saga.stanley one more around the same.

gd luck trying

flying bear

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
THIS SOUND VELI INTERESTING.
wat is heel toe driving??
a noob here plzzzzzzz tell wat izzit, thanx

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
lotsss of practise...that's the main point...

stock pads also can do...but not to comfy...cuz the oil pedal is to small...
try to get a metal@carbon@anything

just like this...the oil pedal wider so u can toe it up...

the difficult part is during slow braking...

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Originally posted by johnson_goh86@Apr 11 2005, 22:42
wait wait.. i read the whole thread.. and there are two sets of feedback.. so i`m not sure now.. is it heel on brakes and toe on accelerator or heel on accelerator and toe on break.. according to calvin itz heel on accelerator wor.. but i do it with toe on accelerator..
[snapback]888210[/snapback]​
Your head la... where got people use toe on accelerator and heel on brake wan? HAHAHAHAHAH

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
i suggest calling esca to coach u as he taught me this technique...hahahahhaa, once u played with it, u'll find it very hard to quit this habit and likes to brake late and tackle corners.

Don't do that in front of your folks k? They'll kill u

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
i'm not exspert la thteh..mr stanley is! ^_^

now only prob 4 me..darn miss q rate downshift 3-2 and high rev will jerk abit and make the car abit off balance.timing also need more pratice...nowadays bz so lazy play

itu windz taikor also quite gd in this..kekekekekke

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi i am facing a problem....how do u connect a 18 AWG wire to the battery.......do like just lilit over the terminal or pateri it to a metal loop so that it can fit in the screw....?????thanks.......
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience