Heat Control on 4AGE 20v BT

tHrottle power

Known Member
Aug 29, 2008
Dear All Sifu,

I would wana seek some advise on you all for heat control with 20v BT. As after some spirited drive of my AE111. I ve always find the engine room is full of high heat. For the past, i ve tried thermo exhaust wrap. Performed fairly okie, sadly it wasnt very lasting. After installing low temp thermostat n engine oil cooler. I m still tempted give it a try again to reduce the heat in the engine room. At the moment, there is 2 options on the table.

1. Exhaust wrap(billion or thermotec) + Billion BT Bandage Protector.
2. Ceramic Coating

Has any1 tied of the mentioned above??

Appreciate the input.

thanks

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hey bro...

You said after spirited driving... That should be normal what? Don't say you BT, my 4AFE after spirited driving also hot hot!

Well, if the thermal exhaust wrap do not work, and you are really particular about that heat, maybe making some holes (heat vent) on the side fender and bonnet might work? But the bonnet one has to be done properly. Cut bonnet not approved by JPJ. I'm not sure is you cut the bonnet skin and leave the bone intact they will kacau or not. But the important thing is the bone. Have to check though.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
thermal wrap (regardless of brand) doesnt reduce the heat so much...but surely is better than the stock heat shield...i can imagine the exhaust manifold glowing hot red when constantly rev up high...IMHO best way to go is ceramic coating...more efficient and longer lasting...
also can try to rise the bonnet up a bit...dont know whether that will work...air vents and bonnet scope also seems like a good alternative too...

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
BT 20v are notorious for this, I have the same problem, one of the reason is engine running too lean, may need to increase the fuel pressure and reset the ecu. This seem to help, but bare in mind it is a performance engine, take it to some BT expert mech .

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
check the plugs, check for any coolant leaks, if everything is normal then i wudnt worry much about the heat especially after a hard drive. a kelisa's engine bay is hot even after just a normal drive

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I think you need to install heat insulation (or dynamat) around the gear shifter area below the armrest as this is where the mid box & center piping usually sits. Prolly wanna survey around Acehardware for some heat insulators. I've plan to do this on my car, see how it goes.

suma_

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
DU
using air vent will help, especially to remove heat from the extractor.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
'jongket' the hood..

put washer between the hood & the ankle..

most people do this (including me) & it helps to reduce the heat..

& carbon fiber hood also :biggrin:

Gudluck :burnout:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
yeah.. very very hot..

global warming..

stock/standard hood is metal & will be heated by the engine & the sun..

so, change it to carbon fiber.. it stays at normal temp no matter how hot the surrounding area is..

:biggrin:

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
1) better engine oil...expensive one...ngeh
2) Oil Cooler
3) racing thermostat
4) MoCool radiator coolant (or other product) mixed with RO water
5) radiotor cooling plate :proud:
6) super power radiator fan (Billion)
7) All thermotec product you can fit...
8) Vented hood

that's all i can think about...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
1) better engine oil...expensive one...ngeh
2) Oil Cooler
3) racing thermostat
4) MoCool radiator coolant (or other product) mixed with RO water
5) radiotor cooling plate :proud:
6) super power radiator fan (Billion)
7) All thermotec product you can fit...
8) Vented hood

that's all i can think about...
nice recommendation & promotion :rofl::rofl:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Aluminium radiator too... :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear ZTH,

There a few question playing in my mind right now, so can all the experts or "shi-fu" help a poor chap out here?:stupid::confused:

Question 1:
A civic EG 4 doors with B16A standard and a corolla SEG with 4AGE 20 valve standard. Which is better in terms of performance (i.e. top speed & torque)?

Again, the same 2 cars as described, which is better in terms of fuel consumption (i.e. normal city driving & highway driving?)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience