Guys need help, this small part a bit hard to find?!

jdr1786

Known Member
Dec 9, 2008
kuala lumpur
first of happy CNY, guys i've got a broken my rd 2's (antenna bottom cover) i'm not sure how to describe it exactly but here it goes; the black coulour cover the part where the antenna comes out from is broken & looks ridiculous.
I went to a few acc shops they don't have shd check with spare parts or hyundai so went to authorised parts dealer said they sell the whole antena for rm 528 & not just the bottom cover any suggestion?:banghead:

hanslin

Known Member
Dec 23, 2008
install the in car antena, stick it on the wind screen!:nurse:

g.yao.za

Known Member
Jan 16, 2009
jdr1786, what haslin suggest is valid. Hyundai will only sell you the whole antenna (including the motor), which will cost easily RM800-1200 (can always call up Hyundai Sparepart department to check the price).

The cheapest way is to cover the antenna. But how bad the damage is? mind sharing us a image at here, is that black colour plastic cover?

I changed my antenna to some after market universal antenna, but the receiving is really sucks, maybe only 50% of what the Hyundai original antenna.

Another cheaper option is go to chop shop and look for that part.

alangbudi

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Shave off the original antenna and install the bmw antenna which look like shark fin. Then tiburon (shark in spanish) have it's own shark fin, hahah...

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
ya, about $500.00++ last time I did check the price, so go for after market product, almost look the same but last about 1 year, after that the antenna won come out in full, same thing happen to my ori antenna, inside the plastic broken. go for 2nd. after market product, the better one, before was about $85.00 now $120.00 but even...... last about 6 months.
but if yours is only the bottom plastic broken, than better glue it back.

jdr1786

Known Member
Dec 9, 2008
kuala lumpur
ok so the in car antenne not sure abt that, but g.yao.za the chop shop seems interesting coz i actually need the little cover at the bottom black plastic one the whole antenna is fine but that part is quite visible to everyone so looks kinda odd, i would glue it back but the drop somewhere i can't find so.. oh yeah i'll try to take a pic of it & put it here so u all can see,
the thing is how to get the bottom cover coz the whole antenna fine & the bmw thing wont it be costly $$ ?

g.yao.za

Known Member
Jan 16, 2009
glue is back is one of the option,with the black colour glue (for the windscreen) will help :)

jdr1786

Known Member
Dec 9, 2008
kuala lumpur
ok i've got wat u mean the wind screan glue the black one k will c if can get that.:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Today I changed my spark plugs, i use Bosch Platinium Plugs,:confused::confused:

One or two of the old plugs i changed has got carbon deposits on them...

Can anyone with experience or anyone has opinion on this?

What could be the reason?

What should i do?:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience