GUESS the petrol will rise how much next year??

Throttle

Oct 31, 2007
throttle,... ermmmm... arent we free 2 speak our mind? dis is a so called free country right?
speak of what? all I heard is racial talk.
I didnt hear nothing on any bright ideas,... didnt hear any discussion on how to cope with the soon coming fuel increment (all I heard is whine, whine , whine...), theres no talks on other alternatives other than fosil fuel for our car....this is what this thread is all about, guess the fuel increment and discuss how to deal with it.

Speak our mind is thinking before saying anything, if not....its just Speak Our Mouth.

ACQ2305: I apologize if my post hurt you in anyway,...I didnt meant for it...

PEACE guys....:smile:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
I got this again from MSN news.
======================
Agence France-Presse - 11/9/2007 12:10 PM
Malaysian PM signals fuel price hikes

Malaysia's Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said Friday that energy subsidies would have to be reduced, signalling deeply unpopular fuel price hikes even as the nation heads for elections.

Abdullah told his ruling party, the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO), that Malaysia could no longer afford to spend 35 billion ringgit (10.5 billion dollars) in oil and gas subsidies each year.

"We need to restructure this subsidy," he said in a closing address to UMNO's week-long annual assembly. "We cannot continue like this. The subsidy should be given to those who need it."

"If it increases, we can pay a little more, but the same price for the rich and poor is not fair," he said, without specifying when the subsidies would be reduced.

"There will always be some unhappiness but what we think is that it's just and fair and we need to do it. I think Malaysians are reasonable people and we need to be fair."

Abdullah said that the 40 billion ringgit spent annually on energy and other subsidies was equal to the funds spent promoting national development -- part of Malaysia's plan to achieve developed status by 2020.

"We must do something about this," he said.

Influential Deputy Prime Minister Najib Razak also said the present subsidy situation was untenable and was retarding the expansion of the economy, which independent forecasters tip to grow 5.7 percent in 2007.

"The investment in development and government subsidies are in a ratio of 1:1," he said.

"If we can spend 80 billion ringgit on development investment, we can get 9.0 to 10.0 percent economic growth."

Malaysia imposed its highest-ever fuel price rises in February 2006, citing the spiralling cost of crude oil, and pledged to use the cost savings to boost the country's substandard transport system.

Following the sharp hike, political and civil groups organised rare demonstrations in the streets of the capital Kuala Lumpur to condemn the decision, arguing it was unnecessary as Malaysia is a net exporter of oil.

Abdullah is expected to call national elections early next year, meaning that any further price hikes are likely to be announced soon to distance the move from the polls as much as possible.
==========================

and from The Star online.
-----------------------------
Sunday November 11, 2007

Ministry looking into cross-subsidy to keep fuel prices down

KUALA LUMPUR: The Government is re-looking the principle behind the fuel subsidy to ensure the rich pay their share while the poor are not affected.

Deputy Finance Minister Datuk Dr Awang Adek Hussein said a task force had been set up under the Finance Ministry to study the proposed new system and would focus on the subsidy allotment.

A sticky situation: As oil prices surge, the Government is finding it harder to continue subsidising prices. The Finance Ministry is now drawing up plans to make the rich pay more for other automobile-related items and use that money to keep fuel prices down.
A Government source said that under the present system the rich paid the same as the poor and this was unfair and regressive.

It is learnt that the task force is looking into the mechanisms that are needed to make the system more progressive.

“This may mean that the present subsidy level is maintained but the rich could be taxed in other ways,” said the source.

Among the mechanisms being looked into is increasing road tax – the owner of a luxury high-powered vehicle could be made to pay a much higher road tax, thus off-setting the subsidy they receive.

“Taxation is progressive because you pay according to how much you earn. Even the electricity tariffs are progressive because the more you use, the more you pay,

“The principle behind the fuel subsidy should also be the same – the poor should enjoy the most and not the rich,” said the source.

On Friday, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi announced that the Government was reviewing the subsidy because it was costing the Government too much, especially with the rising crude oil prices internationally (see chart).

“We cannot afford to go on this way. What we are doing is like being suicide bombers. Killing ourselves like this is stupid,” Abdullah said in his winding-up speech at the close of the Umno general assembly on Friday.

Umno deputy youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin, who first broached the subject when debating the economic resolution, said the subsidy must reach only the people who most needed it and to do it the present way was a misallocation of funds.

M&A Securities head of research Wee Kim Hong said it would be a balancing act for the Government to come up with a mechanism that works.

“If the Government wants to tax the rich through other means like road tax and not do away with the subsidy, then one must find a level where the rich are willing to pay and not resort to smuggled products.

“If the Government wants to create a two-tier subsidy system, then there will be an implementation problem,” he said, adding that fuel price increase was inflationary as it affects the cost of most other consumer products.

Wee said that whatever mechanism the Government chooses, it should have the consumer in mind.

Mydin Mohamed Holdings Sdn Bhd managing director Datuk Ameer Ali Mydin went a step further and suggested getting rid of all subsidies.

“There is no doubt that we have to subsidise certain sectors, but how it is done has to be thought out carefully. Right now there is a lot of wastage, especially in the form of diesel subsidies,” he added.

Ameer believes that petrol subsidies could and should be removed but done so gradually over two years.

“Frankly, there should not be a subsidy for petrol, because there is already an automatic mechanism (of apportioning costs). If you use more of it, you can afford more – it’s already there,” he said.

He lauded the announcement made by the prime minister, which shows that the Government is not fearful of doing this with elections just around the corner.

“It is better to act sooner rather than later. This shows they are serious and are thinking over the long term,” Ameer said.

Federation of Malaysian Consumers Association secretary-general Muhammad Shaani Abdullah, who supports the move to do away with the subsidy, said the money spent on subsidy should be used to beef up the public transportation system, as people would naturally resort to it when fuel price rises.

“Instead of giving the subsidy, the Government should use the subsidy to provide better healthcare, education and increase the wages of the poor people by setting a minimum wage standard,” he said.

The Petroleum Dealers Association of Malaysia president Datuk Zulkifli Mokti warned that whatever mechanism implemented should close loopholes to prevent cheats.

“How do you stop the lower-tier beneficiaries selling to those in the higher tier? Because of the subsidised prices, people living along the borders are coming to Malaysia to buy the fuel here,” Zulkifli added.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
ya ya ya... bla bla bla... this and that...
at the end also all goes to his own pocket...
;P... correct arh?

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
.... cut it out guys..... theres a lot of ppl viewing this...

stop all this racial talks, please hv some respect to our forefathers...
I believe that is the whole point,right? to express ourselves ?

I choose to see it from the angle of reality and not from the racial perspective. What we have tabled are mere facts and if you think otherwise you are more than welcome to dispute with facts to backup your claim.

We can give fabulous ideas and fantastic reasons but with the community's reservation nothing will change. What do you propose, Throttle ?

On another note, we should lay off the term bumiputra as they are in it with us ,the bumi-less. Our target should be focused at the umnoputras!

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
its not abt race at all....there r poor chinese, indians n malays equally with those filthy rich chinese, malay, indians.....end of the day....its the rich dirty politicians that trying to AVOID n SMOKESCREEN the actual issue rather than fixing things back onto the rite track....thus pushing n goreng the big RACIAL drift....in facct its too cynical for dis in our country...i love malaysis...its my home....my place n my life.......sigh...........

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
speak of what? all I heard is racial talk.
I didnt hear nothing on any bright ideas,... didnt hear any discussion on how to cope with the soon coming fuel increment (all I heard is whine, whine , whine...), theres no talks on other alternatives other than fosil fuel for our car....this is what this thread is all about, guess the fuel increment and discuss how to deal with it.

Speak our mind is thinking before saying anything, if not....its just Speak Our Mouth.

ACQ2305: I apologize if my post hurt you in anyway,...I didnt meant for it...

PEACE guys....:smile:
m not hurt, m jst saying wat my mind thinks... i believe most of us in dis tread is jst sick n tired of fuel prices goin up n up eventhough we produce oil.... Terengganu, Sarawak, Labuan, Sabah.... i believe dis r a few states where oil is extracted???/..... so y is der n increase in fuel prices everynow n den... den we hav 2 pay more 4 other things...4 example, cars..... look 8 some countries in d middle east,dey produce oil, cars r damn cheap... n most ppl der r rich....brunei.. another example...
N y r u d only 1 bringing up racist??? i think most of us here r jst abit fed up wit d ppl up der who runs, controls our money..... n also where n money goes.....
well,we r all diferent individuals,hav different say in things happening.... so, i respect ur views, n i hope u understand wat i mean...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
what a nice cuntry to live in!!

Guys, read today;'s newspaper? Our Govt (and Turkey, and Iran) wanted to manufacturer some Islamic Car.....when I read the news, like -OMG......what did they gonna go this time?

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
there gona do wat? wonder hw its gona sell in d us,europe etc.... remember d big hu ha in kelantan, if m not mistaken, when chevy came 2 malaysia??? d big fuss abt its logo???? c hw narrow minded ppl here r....

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
there gona do wat? wonder hw its gona sell in d us,europe etc.... remember d big hu ha in kelantan, if m not mistaken, when chevy came 2 malaysia??? d big fuss abt its logo???? c hw narrow minded ppl here r....
It nothing just an emblem... Not more than that.

Last edited:

Throttle

Oct 31, 2007
N y r u d only 1 bringing up racist???
....me???.... I was trying to hold down a couple of our respected members from going deeper in their racial talks. That makes me a racist????.... Never been one, and never going to be one!!

Grixism

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
KLTN/VIRGINIA
Visit site
stupid..dunno anything..just stfu

while we laymen here talking rubbish..race this race that, the rich and powerful up there is puking their guts out laughing at us...i never met any rich n powrful chinese being so racist..u know why??they don't give a damn...

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
throttle,
I do not see or feel any talk about racial stuff. We're just talking about the govt and the elections and all those kind of related stuff. It sounds racial because the govt consists of mostly malays. Maybe because of that, it sounds racial to YOU but not to others. Besides, even if we don't talk about anything that relates to racial stuff, countries like australia has been slamming malaysia about racially inclined issues. So my suggestion to you, and all those who can't seem to open up your narrow and tremendously shallow minds, please just keep your fingers in your pocket and refrain from typing. We do not need anyone to tell us to 'shut up' (so to speak) on internet when talking about sensitive issues because on in real life, we already can't speak out freely. If you cannot understand the word 'freedom', please look up Dictionary.com and understand it. I strongly believe that almost all members here do not care what race is running the govt. They only care what the govt decide and how the govt rule the country because it is going to affect almost ALL citizen's life and the way I see it, it is taking away many citizen's quality of life. If this posts of mine has hurt your feelings, sorry but too bad. Many of us still want our freedom of speech on internet (still witholding respects at a certain level, that is) if we can't have it in real life. This post is meant to push forward a direct message, not to cause any unrest. Peace.

Last edited:

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Cut it off guys...let have a discussion bout the petrol price back again...
No racial issues, just in peace.....not worth we are fighting bla bla bla...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Damn!! not my day all... an hour ago, my car was broken in at subang lake... when i went for a jog... lost my handphone and RM200 bucks.... but lucky that fellow leave my wallet back...

damn, if only i caught the fellow in action... diu la... i would have wacked him with all the anger and energy i have now!! bugger!! ma hai... tiu nya sing....!! cibai .. ham ka chan !!

damn nice la... Hari Raya present for me.. handphone and money lost!!....

btw, if any of u got any information about the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience