Guessing Game

akinateo

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
kuala lumpur
Is Kangaroo Bar Needed in A Race Car? Please drop your vote.

Let us guess whats behind car no 39's bumper.

Car no 39 T-Bone my Ek at turned 1 which cost my EK total lost. Been claimed by D driver that can't manage to brake.(But he's using AP Racing 4 pot disc caliper and rotor) <--???

The damage:
Car no 39
Minor scratches on bumper. And that's it! the front bumper din't even drop off!

Car No 55
Total lost on the the driver side
Rollcage bended
Volk Racing TE37 rims condenmed
Driver slightly injured

It's Ripley's Believe It Or Not!

Imagine how many of steel plates or kangaroo bar been applied on the front of the car! Going Racing or going crashing?? Is that kinda of steel needed to be in a race car?

Last edited:

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Hi Akina,

Really sorry to hear about your accident and hope you have not much injury.. My accident in last year japan gt, i also got T-bone caused by the similar team but another driver. My car was quite badly damage too but not as serious as yours. lucky me but ended up with a stiff and pain neck for almost a week...

I look back at some of the photos in terato.com and actually seeing the no.39 locking its wheels many times!!! With the 4 pot AP and a too aggressive pad compound, i think, which was too gripy for the low grip Silverstone.. So late brake lock wheel and shit happens... Part of racing unless he didn't brake and just bang you then you should have protest.

Anyway, good luck for your MME.. :)

Chris

akinateo

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
kuala lumpur
Hello Chris,

Thanks for you caring about me.. Minor injuries on my neck , shoulder 1 hand and 1 leg. It should be ok in a week time.

What i mean is.... it's ok for we to accept there are some uncautious drive out there in the track. But it doesn't mean they have to install all those super stiff kangaroo bar in front or back for the safety of thiers. I might prevent them from heavy damage to cars but in return they are endangering the life of others competitor out there.

I believe if the car no 39 struck right center of my door last weekend... i will not sit here typing this message today. I was so frighten and suprise when i see my roolcage was bended. Never have such experience before.

I believe dat kind of kangaroo bar is too much and been overdone. When 'D' driver's so confident with the strenght of impact dat can be sustained by their car.... and they will do the same thing again banging ppl with full speed and full 101% confident.

then everyone will be banging each other all they way down the track....
then next year's event will be call "The 2007 Destruction Derby in Sepang"....

Hahaha...

Best regards,
Akina Teo

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Hi Akina,

Eventhough, the car has these strong reinforcement front bumper they should feel scare and bad after the accident. But some are not... Look at another driver from the same team, almost every race he will bang people or accident. Last year he took me as brake marker and T Bone me out to cause 3 car accident. Then got warning from SIC, and he cool down for 2 race. But this year he start coming out with banging again in Round 1 then in GT round with the collision on the Skyline. I believe last weekend he had minor accident too.

Local haram lumba mentallity.... Very sad but true... The last bad accident i had also took me a week to recover from stiff neck and arm pain.. Hope you will get better then.

Can you take some money out or bring small sponsor in for MME?? There might be a podium possible Class c car i know that may need experience driver. PM me if you interested.

akinateo

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
kuala lumpur
Well Chris..

As you know i drove for Team JC Racing(Amoil) for the past 2 race,

actually i'm renting the race car from them, and now the EK is Total Wreck,
I have to compensate another EK body for Jacky and i believe you know how much it cost for one EK body nowdays.... So i'm still in finding the way to pay for the car...

Talking bout MME , i'm still putting to race aside cause JC Racing in hurry to use dat car to rent for HongKies and Taiwanese to race for this MME.

Akina

++++

Jul 17, 2006
Hi there akina,

Sorry 2 see ur car wrecked as i know that u r racing with a shoestring budget. Its a very major damage to your car and i hope that you can find some ways to replace it.

As for the car that t-boned you, i dont think they have any kangaroo bars behind its bumper. FYI i saw the crew knocking out its left fender with hammers after the incident. As for the chassis of the car itself it has a fully seam-welded chassis and super stiff FIA spec weld in rollcages done professionally. Maybe thats why it escapes serious damage?

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Akina,

Woa...u mean u have to pay Jacky back for the car? Cant the car be repaired? Means shit man....its going to coz u a few grands to get the front and back cut of an EK and then to join it back again.
Actually its quite scary to see the supersixteen category. I mean, the drivers in the race drive like gangsters. Always sure langgar here and then. Every race we are sure to see a lot of damaged and maligned cars. Is the car who hit u the same car that crashed the GTR34 during Round 3?
But one thing for sure Akina, looking at the minimal damage he sustained, Im pretty sure that he purposely reinforce his front part....to cause some damage to other ppl. I mean who in their rite minds would want to put on extra weight on the car or purposely imbalance the car by making the front part heavier...... And if u look at the whole incident, under normal circumstances, the front portion of the car (fenders, headlights, bumpers, radiators) should be gone by then.....suprisingly the car survived and even managed to race in Heat 2.
No wonder I saw u walking around the pits during heat 2.....but anyway, should be thankful u escaped serious injuries.

Last edited:

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
Tomei,

IF im not wrong this is the same car that was involve in the accident with the Gtr during round 3..

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Simon,
T-Bone means to knock into a car by the doors. Its sort of like a T shape for both cars. Kiss backside is to knock into the back of the other car.

GT3,
Its a jungle out there in the Supersixteen Race. Personally...i feel that its a race for gangsters coz most of the cars come back damaged. Reminds me of the game call Destruction Derby.Probably the drivers in the supersixteen played too much to that game.

KoichiImpul33

Known Member
Apr 3, 2006
Write Official complaint

Bro,

You should write an official complaint. try calling Kumar of SIC at 8778 2240 and state your complaint. Let Kumar take it up and decide whether this guy is hazardous or not. Racing is not about T-boning or pushing ppl man, if he wants to to T-Bone ppl, he shd go play in demolition derby or something.

I've seen idiot racers b4, but never seen one who is willing to cause harm to others.

Keep the Track safe! we go to race, not to die.

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
The complaint should go to the Stewards of the meet actually. The moment after the race, lodge a report. All races are recorded on tape via the CCTV network strewn all over the track.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

which tune shop is best for modification ? stages 1, 2 and 3!

please listing the location thnx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience