GSR or EVO1-wats the best

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Guys,

Need some real advise here..My friend and me planning to start a project on his 2nd wira..Kinda blur with what engine to choose but its either GSR or EVO1 ...need to know wats the best to choose as many are saying EVO1 is an old engine and has high possibility of failures in many parts and the opposite for GSR..i hope guys out there who has experience in turbo's give out their comment and ideas...thanks allot guys...cheerz..happy modding

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Small budget = dun mod
BIG budget = EVO
Power wise = EVO
Reliability = which ever lower mileage
Toughness = EVO (GSR very delicate)

if you have the budget... EVO1 + full overhaul....
Since its a wira... the EVO will do great... if its a satria... then perhaps the GSR would perform better on track... but this is a wira we're talking about ma. =Þ EVO straight only... full overhaul then u won't have to worry about reliability. Handling can be improved in many ways on a wira even with the heavy engine under the hood.

If u have bigger budget... then drop in VR4 block and oversized pistons... VR4's block stronger. But then the evo oil cooler adapter won't fit... then u'll need to find for VR4's oil cooler adapter.

GSR and EVO how to compare...
1.8 litre small turbo vs 2.0 litre big turbo... hahaha =Þ

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
alright..now i have a clear pic..but curious ,is GSR RS powerful?can it give a fight to EVO1?cos my friend baru tengah masuk GSR RS..wat can we modify in a GSR RS to make it more powerful?

Alvin24- Bro, are u using a turbocharged RIDE?

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
from what i know, there is no GSR RS, and i wonder where the term come from? or is GSR RS is those terbalik engine for the newer lancer....

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
ermmm

evo3 said:
from what i know, there is no GSR RS, and i wonder where the term come from? or is GSR RS is those terbalik engine for the newer lancer....
really!!i didnt know that..as from my knowledge, GSR RS is the spec where it comes with Big intercooler...correct me if im wrong...

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
the front sink faster than titanic....hehehe.. unless the complete set of the front FTO also go into the wira then ok lo...

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
bro
1st thing b4 u convert u must make sure that ur car able to convert to evo 2.0
if not after u done all ur conversion and cant get approval then u wil waste ur money
choosing either evo or gsr is depend on urself
if u wan power then evo la
if u juz wan to play a turbo engine then u juz take gsr coz maintenance is cheaper than evo
furthermore gsr can hybrid wif mivec silinder head so can become mivec turbo

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
ermmm...im thinking of taking EVO cos there is a runner who can do the convertion succesful by getting it endorsed from JPJ...but have to spend more la..after i calculated, it cost abt the same if i take a EVO or GSR RS(the thing abt GSR RS, not easy to get)...

Guys, do u think its possible? 1.5 to 2.0... i know its the rules now, but the runner memang so confident and willing to cut his hands off(to make me believe) if tak lepas...
guys, who have done a EVO 2.0 to a proton lately?any prob?can it be done?

Thanks man..cheerz

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
1.5 --> 2.0 have asked so many. all cannot.
1.6 --> 2.0 yes if u spend

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
1.5 ---> 2.0 have to spend 1.5k.... is it worth doing it?

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
sounds good. but better make they can do. Last time i used to have a runner. He can do this and that but end up NOTHING!
left my car there for a year! damnn...

so better make sure they really can do it. :)

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Offshore
hi..

use both before.. a GSR in wira 1.5 and an EVO in putra... currently riding in MIVEC..

from my point of view..
GSR can never be EVO...

so for pure satisfaction.. go for EVO..
for GSR to be like EVO... not so economical... unless u have unlimited $$$ to spend...
summore, wif current h/cut price... if i'm not mistaken GSR is more expensive than EVO...

for realibility issue... i think shouldn't be too much problem... overhaul then shoud be OK...

about the registration..
very tricky... have to deal wif JPJ and blood-sucker runner...
can't give comments as i don hav problem endorsing the converted engine..

gud luck to u

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bought Wi.Se side skirt from HMS...black color...then I thought why not DIY spray since khguan had done it on his grill and I thought what the heck...boring2 doing nothing...atleast now have something to do...here's some pics. step by step
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience