Good Info: Car Tyre and Rims

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
panjang auto service salak tinggi

Found out from a group they have hunter road force as well but they are so far from Klang Valley. Wonder where else other than Tayaria got road force.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Don't have problems with my balancing, therfore no need look for these machines.......lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Saw on FB that these shops have it

* TS Tyre Klang
* Pirelli Performance Centre Malaysia - Taman Mayang
TS Tyre Klang sounds near to me. I’ll go there when I need balancing.

Don't have problems with my balancing, therfore no need look for these machines.......lol
These machines can balance with less counterweights. So I think it’s worthwhile.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
TS Tyre Klang sounds near to me. I’ll go there when I need balancing.

These machines can balance with less counterweights. So I think it’s worthwhile.
Bro, why not go to Tayaria at Setia Alam? He only charge me RM60 for both front tyres

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Bro, why not go to Tayaria at Setia Alam? He only charge me RM60 for both front tyres
Includes re-mounting the tyres?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Includes re-mounting the tyres?
Not sure what you mean by remounting. They place the tyre & rim onto the machine. After measuring, they make separate marks on the rim and tyre. Then align those marks and do the balancing.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Not sure what you mean by remounting. They place the tyre & rim onto the machine. After measuring, they make separate marks on the rim and tyre. Then align those marks and do the balancing.
https://www.thoughtco.com/the-what-why-and-how-of-wheel-balancing-3234378

The solution is to measure both the wheel and tire, and then move the tire around on the wheel until the high spot of the tire matches the low spot of the wheel. This process is usually called “match mounting.” Most tires today have small dots on the sidewall to indicate the point on the tire that should match to the valve stem to get a decent match mount, Road force balancers do a much more precise job of this by measuring both the wheel and tire with rollers and then directing the operator to mark the points to be matched. The resulting assembly requires less weight to balance and spins straighter.
I think to fully exploit the capability of the road force balancer, you must actually DO the labor as well after the computer has given you the data.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
https://www.thoughtco.com/the-what-why-and-how-of-wheel-balancing-3234378

I think to fully exploit the capability of the road force balancer, you must actually DO the labor as well after the computer has given you the data.
Yes, that's what I mean by making separate marks on the tyre & aligning them. After initial measurements by the machine, they mark those 2 separate spots; one on the the tyre & the other on the rim. Then deflate the tyre so that it may be manually turned till both marks are aligned.

Attachments

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Yes, that's what I mean by making separate marks on the tyre & aligning them. After initial measurements by the machine, they mark those 2 separate spots; one on the the tyre & the other on the rim. Then deflate the tyre so that it may be manually turned till both marks are aligned.
This is the Setia Alam one? Okay cool man. Know where to go now.

On my boat, 2 times out of 3 also need to do on-wheel balancing. So I don’t mind paying more if it’s perfect the first time with road force.

And Man the lead weights stuck on my rims really like the whole row.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This is the Setia Alam one? Okay cool man. Know where to go now.

On my boat, 2 times out of 3 also need to do on-wheel balancing. So I don’t mind paying more if it’s perfect the first time with road force.

And Man the lead weights stuck on my rims really like the whole row.
If using a lot of weights, your tyre shop is just lazy to deflate and shift the tyres round the rims. With the force machine it calculates for you making it easier only, but at my tyre shop if weights a lot they shift the tyres 180 degree from the rims and re-balance again. They do this at no extra cost since it is still in the balancing cost......lol:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Remounting is to remove the tyres from the rims and fit it back in, but from your explanation, they just deflate and shift the tyre around the rims only...:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If using a lot of weights, your tyre shop is just lazy to deflate and shift the tyres round the rims. With the force machine it calculates for you making it easier only, but at my tyre shop if weights a lot they shift the tyres 180 degree from the rims and re-balance again. They do this at no extra cost since it is still in the balancing cost......lol:biggrin:
How would they know where to mark and shift? I thought only road force balances can do that. Think I need to watch the hunter video again.

I’ve never seen normal balancing where they deflate and rotate the Tyre on the wheel. Not even the ss14 shop you recommended.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my kenari is facing (i think) engine oil decrease, it is full when cold morning before start the car, and after engine running optimum temp, i shut the car off immediately and remeasure the oil level, the oil level goes down to half, is this normal?(ps. all measurement done at leveled floor) i heard some mechs said that is normal, and kenari engine oil must be measured right after car engine turned off is the most accurate, if low oil level reading resulted from that means engine oil is low...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience