So the 2.8 seems to work well the GTRS turbos - YES I KNOW OFF TOPIC

:driver:

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
i think its time you evolved into the final stage of the GT-R driver cycle

SINGLE EFFING TURBO

you already seem like the type who runs this setup hahaha..... the T04Z is waiting....

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
i think its time you evolved into the final stage of the GT-R driver cycle

SINGLE EFFING TURBO

you already seem like the type who runs this setup hahaha..... the T04Z is waiting....
I think TO4Z is insufficient to get serious.

Come on pimpin, you know you want....

RIPS forged rb30 with T51 KAI BB.

When you order let me know, because I want to tumpang your freight... :listen:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I was thinking GT4088r but it seemed only natural to experience the GTRS with the HKS 2.8 cause I felt the car was sluggish and slow with the stock motor. Now its a dream to drive so I can't make up my mind for now. Going to drive it for awhile, maybe a month or two then see how things go.

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
I meant T51 for your drag car.

A bit overkill to use T51 for road car, but hey, people have done it before.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL

say what?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I don't know, really at this point I don't even know what I want. Perhaps what I'll do is turn the R34 into daily driver - refit stock kit, find a stock wing and paint it either Bayside Blue once again and appear all stock on the outside but keep in the 500ish hp atw range so it's something I could drive daily without too much attention from cops etc.

Then I'll turn to my project, try figure out what I want, if its achievable, set a budget and go from there. Problem is these next month or so I've been terribly busy. Just got back from a month long trip out of KL, then Johor this coming weekend for a week then Singapore the weekend after next, then back to KL and hopefully remain for sometime.

Tomorrow I'm going to fit the Tomei baffle plate in the R34 - bought it at farizio's mate's shop near Aman Suria or whatever that area is called. After which, I may have something good news to share but no promises :driver:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Just saw Sepang Drag Battle coverage.....

the event badly needs more participation from Skylines!

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I blew my turbo yesterday evening. Now N1 is claiming on my behalf from the guys who repaired the turbo. Desmond assured me that if they are not successful then N1 will bear the cost of repairs so I don't need to pay a single cent - just the inconvenience of not being able to drive it for a couple days.

:driver::adore:

Bump: I blew my turbo yesterday evening. Now N1 is claiming on my behalf from the guys who repaired the turbo. Desmond assured me that if they are not successful then N1 will bear the cost of repairs so I don't need to pay a single cent - just the inconvenience of not being able to drive it for a couple days.

:driver::adore:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Last time yo blown your engine and now is the turbo...you better off bring in a complete Tomei engine designed and build by the Jap so that it can last you longer! :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Engine was stock when it blew, running over 500atw for 18,000kms. The turbo was also damaged when the engine blew as pieces went out thorough the exhaust housing. So during running-in, I used those same turbos for 5,000kms and then sent the turbos to replace the entire cartridges.

Those turbos with new internals were then installed into my car. I then took it home and during the drive home, I went on boost and changed just under 8000rpm and when I slowed down, the turbos would not spool again. So took it back to N1, they checked and found the compressor wheel was jammed.

The turbos were then removed and a quick call to KL Turbo One and they sent out their guys to pick-up turbo and replace the cartridge FOC and the turnaround time was one day, meaning I'll get it back tonight or latest tomorrow morning.

Weird that it failed cause I was only running 1.5 bar and I was not going that fast as it was daytime. :biggrin:

To buy a Tomei engine or Mines engine would have cost me over 100k. The HKS stroker kit made more sense as it was cheap, under 50k. That way I'd have more money for gearboxes etc. The only regret I have was going for a Step 2 which supports 800hp rather than a Step 3 which is supposed to handle 1200hp.

I'd sleep safer knowing I was safely within the limits. And that's another long post by [PIMPIN] :stupid:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
[PIMPIN];3622365 said:
So during running-in, I used those same turbos for 5,000kms and then sent the turbos to replace the entire cartridges

Ouch ... Last I got slapped was something in the region of RM1600 PER-cartridge ... :bawling:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Ok, new turbo is in - cost was in the 2k range which was covered 50:50 between the two.

Game on!

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
wah lau.
pimpin, looks like ur doing alot of trial and errors and it's doing some damage to ur car and also ur pocket.
rather than opt for japanese way of tuning, why not try methods down under?
i remember u telling us bout rips and some other tuners. and i've been following up on them from their webpage from time to time. i think they are far better tuners for drag if compared to the japs.

pls correct me if i''m wrong. :idea:

totally agree with farizio though. once saw a supra tuned in aussie. the turbine's super big.. LoL
will load up the pic for u guys.(having trouble doing it)

Bump: aiya. picture file too big(3.2mb)
any idea how to make it smaller?

Bump: aiya. picture file too big(3.2mb)
any idea how to make it smaller?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To those who study in Subang Colleges, and used to park ur car in the residential area of Subang SS14/2 (Behind the 2 petrol station), please be aware of the f@rking snatcher.

Just met 1 while walking to my office, luckily the strap broken and my briefcase dropped.

The snatcher is riding a motobike, can't really see the number plate ( short sight), but it start with B**...wearing a blue wind breaker, black tinted helmet. He just look suspicious, coz he seemed like get ready his hand...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience