Gen 2 owner pls report here

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by Vampire@Jan 22 2005, 18:56
E manage . DO u have the picture of the device ? Can install on perdana ah .. heheh... leg ichi already .. :P
vampire ,

This gadget haven't test on any malysian made car , so i not encourage to try this gadget until somebody have got it tried . This gadget is about USD299 . After reach malaysia with tax pay plus freight cost is about Rm1300 .

car1222

Jan 18, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by Emanage+Jan 26 2005, 07:02 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Emanage @ Jan 26 2005, 07:02 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vampire@Jan 22 2005, 18:56
E manage . DO u have the picture of the device ? Can install on perdana ah .. heheh... leg ichi already ..  :P
vampire ,

This gadget haven't test on any malysian made car , so i not encourage to try this gadget until somebody have got it tried . This gadget is about USD299 . After reach malaysia with tax pay plus freight cost is about Rm1300 . [/b][/quote]
Yo, E.......will this void our engine warranty??? :rolleyes:

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
guys don't waste your time and money on electric supercharger coz its not
even a supercharger in the first place neither it is a form of forced
induction. Here's why, atmoshpheric pressure = 14.7 psi. This is the
intake air pressure of our normally aspirated gen2. Eg if you could
increase intake pressure by 50% or 7.35 psi or 0.51 bar(1psi = 0.069 bar)
assuming with no mechanical or thermal losses then you would expect a 50%
increase in torque and hp but in real world with losses your gains could
be about 30 - 35%. There are many variations of such products
cyclone, surbo, magic jet, broquet all crap and scams trying to make
money from car newbies.
In reality it cost a lot of money to mod NA engine like Gen2. If you wana
stay NA(normally aspirated) high cams, ligtened flywheel and pulley,
extractors, sports exhaust, air intake mods, aftermarket ECU can set you
back about 5-6k RM. For real improvement, then forced induction eg turbo
or supercharged(belt driven not eram!) would cost you about the same. But
if you wanna go above 0.5 bar better get metal gaskets forged pistons and
conrods. Lets get real, u want more power then that that equates to more
$$$ and time spent.
If budget is a constraint, then better off spending the money and time on
your loved ones which I think is more worthwhile. Any car irregardless of
brand or price or mods gets you from A to B, thats our main objective
isnt it?

Eram claims to increase intake
pressure by 1 psi and increase performance by 5 hp and it only operates
on full throttle drawing 700+ watts from your battery. Think it's quite
dumb for them to assume only 2% loss from mechanical and heat losses.
Then they say 'operate only at full throttle" why not operate full time?
Coz then it will eat up your battery for breakfast! And how often do you
floor your throttle to the max while driving?

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Originally posted by Emanage+Jan 5 2005, 07:59 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Emanage @ Jan 5 2005, 07:59 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bangau@Jan 4 2005, 01:10
well.....i think Proton should come out with something more original. The bootlid spoiler is like the new Wira, the front spoiler looks familiar (some shops have it for Waja) and the side skirts are actually very nice and simple.
bangau ,

You r right . You see UK spec gen 2 bodykit is a bit different with australia spec .... More creative and something like my car design ... kekeke
Forget to say sorry to you , that i no attend speedworks party . I have been tight up with my current job . Sorry mate .
Anyway i will be in kl for our G2C meeting on 29th jan, you r highly invite to join our meeting . Pls give a pm if you r interesting . [/b][/quote]
e-manage : izzit your car...lurve the front end..PU or fibre? how much ( plus colour and fitting? ) seriously thinking of getting the HighLine version ( manual ler, of course.. ) after my deal with my old man for the SR3 went bust.. ( mau pi main kat Sepang? Lagi tak puas main motor kat sana ke? Berapa ribu lagi duit nak abis bla bla bla.. ) i think if i do get one, it'll be the 2nd batch rite..does it have the same probs like the 1st one ( buttons falling off, meter dead 100% etc.. ) aiyoh, just went to Proton Edar Setapak delaership, saw the HighLine version with the rear spoiler...wah very nice, got leather seats summore..ekekekeke..

NeutrinoBlue

Jan 29, 2005
Hi all..

I have been looking down this thread and gain a lot already by your infos.. can i join this club ? coz my "mum" car is a gen2 (A/t) and i intend to do some minor mods to this car... coz in a way i think it resembles and acura rsx.. ahah...

Just wanna ask some problem that i faced and hopefully you guys can help me with it

1- Burning smell from engine (10k+ km already) Sa said its normal for new car.. ???

2- Air sound at the back seat of the car
-is it from the car rear door or maybe (just cross my mind) the rear bonnet window coz i dont see that any air flowing in to the car when travelling 90+kmh
has anybony know how to overcome this.

3-Cracking sound when turning the steering wheels when reverse to the right

4-Making a U turn sometimes tak lepas .. why ah? turning radius so small or is it just my car.. even my dads perdana can do the u turn .. ahah

What sort of low cost upgrades can be done to make the car powerful eg spark plugs.. and stuff.. stabilizers to improve handling??? can put some pic and where to get ?

Hope to get more info from you guys.. btw i'm still a student so cost is a big thing .. ahah..
:P

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by ace79+Jan 28 2005, 21:52 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ace79 @ Jan 28 2005, 21:52 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Emanage@Jan 5 2005, 07:59
<!--QuoteBegin-bangau
@Jan 4 2005, 01:10
well.....i think Proton should come out with something more original. The bootlid spoiler is like the new Wira, the front spoiler looks familiar (some shops have it for Waja) and the side skirts are actually very nice and simple.

bangau ,

You r right . You see UK spec gen 2 bodykit is a bit different with australia spec .... More creative and something like my car design ... kekeke
Forget to say sorry to you , that i no attend speedworks party . I have been tight up with my current job . Sorry mate .
Anyway i will be in kl for our G2C meeting on 29th jan, you r highly invite to join our meeting . Pls give a pm if you r interesting .
e-manage : izzit your car...lurve the front end..PU or fibre? how much ( plus colour and fitting? ) seriously thinking of getting the HighLine version ( manual ler, of course.. ) after my deal with my old man for the SR3 went bust.. ( mau pi main kat Sepang? Lagi tak puas main motor kat sana ke? Berapa ribu lagi duit nak abis bla bla bla.. ) i think if i do get one, it'll be the 2nd batch rite..does it have the same probs like the 1st one ( buttons falling off, meter dead 100% etc.. ) aiyoh, just went to Proton Edar Setapak delaership, saw the HighLine version with the rear spoiler...wah very nice, got leather seats summore..ekekekeke.. [/b][/quote]
FYI ,

pls wait after jun .

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by NeutrinoBlue@Jan 29 2005, 15:48
Hi all..

I have been looking down this thread and gain a lot already by your infos.. can i join this club ? coz my "mum" car is a gen2 (A/t) and i intend to do some minor mods to this car... coz in a way i think it resembles and acura rsx.. ahah...

Just wanna ask some problem that i faced and hopefully you guys can help me with it

1- Burning smell from engine (10k+ km already) Sa said its normal for new car.. ???

-is it from the car rear door or maybe (just cross my mind) the rear bonnet window coz i dont see that any air flowing in to the car when travelling 90+kmh

4-Making a U turn sometimes tak lepas .. why ah? turning radius so small or is it just my car.. even my dads perdana can do the u turn .. ahah

What sort of low cost upgrades can be done to make the car powerful eg spark plugs.. and stuff.. stabilizers to improve handling??? can put some pic and where to get ?

Hope to get more info from you guys.. btw i'm still a student so cost is a big thing .. ahah..
NeutrinoBlue,

Of course you can join us . Pls log in to Gen 2 club

1) this is normal
2) That is wind turbulent in weather strip . Still wait for proton to come out new weather strip .
3) Need to greasing the steering shaft
4) Yes , less radius . That is the design '

Mod suggestion:
1) handling still boleh tahan - No need to mod
2) change spark plug is ok but not encourage if no major mod
3) Change exhaust is the first thing you must do
4) If your car is manual tranny , change filter to open pot .

Gen_x

Known Member
Oct 29, 2004
ampang
www.cardomain.com
Hi all..

low cost upgrades :

1. drop in k/n filters (speedworks)
2. better spark plugs e.g Volker (speedworks),Beru silverstone spark plugs(contact mr. emanage)
3.stabilizers e.g from Hotbits of Speedworks or Ultra racing(pandan indah)... there're Good!

;)

car2221

Known Member
Oct 7, 2004
KL
Visit site
Hi all..

dude....da burning smell is actually de Anti-Rust heated up smell...coz they spray Anti-Rust underneath your car mar..so sometimes it'll kena your engine lor..so when engine HOT tat time will have some burning smell lar! :lol:

NeutrinoBlue

Jan 29, 2005
Ooo the burning smell comes from anti rust kaa.. ic .. not dangeorus ah ?

Hmm.. for the upgrades right, can u put a bit detail like price n picture.. so that i can budget the money first...

I have currently some problem after installing a fibre spoiler.. demn .. some rusty water like deposited on the rear bumper.. is it due to the driling for the 3rd brake? what can i do to rectify this ?

What i did was i try to ask the paint shop to do a paint work for the "spoiler" but he said that the paint would not last and might create "bubble" like spot on the spoiler ... the tokei said that it is due to it is a fibre base spoiler.. ( the black one(colour of the fibre )) .. i m so dissapointed after hearing that... so any idea guys?

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Guys ,

At here i would like to wish all gen 2 member a happy and prosperity lunar new year !!!!!

Below is my new mod open pod filter with custom made ram pipe

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by canken2@Feb 9 2005, 08:08
Happy CNY Gen2 owners gang :) :)

morning bro Emanage wah new year new mod :lol: :lol: i believe a heatshield mod is in the future plans :rolleyes:

if coming down to KL give us a buzz let's meet up and yam shing :D
ken gor ,

Happy chinese new year !!!!! Sure i will buzz once i be there .............

anson

Feb 11, 2005
kl
Visit site
hihi....new member for zerotohundred.. gen2 owner n also a student..
many thing to learn from urs... hope gen2 sifu can teach me ya..
oh.... i turned up to 170kph b4 at batu cave highway wif nothing improve... but need to take long time to do it ...
any idea to make my gen2 break up to 200kph?? thanks to reply me..

Emanage

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by anson@Feb 11 2005, 03:17
hihi....new member for zerotohundred.. gen2 owner n also a student..
many thing to learn from urs... hope gen2 sifu can teach me ya..
oh.... i turned up to 170kph b4 at batu cave highway wif nothing improve... but need to take long time to do it ...
any idea to make my gen2 break up to 200kph?? thanks to reply me..
may i know urs is AT or MT ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've seen a perdana with one of thoes New type galant dashboard. Really nice! can anyone help by telling me where i can get it done and at what type of costs? Appreciate it!!:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience