Gearbox swapping..

stevenfish89

Jul 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hello guys.. im currently driving myvi auto.. im considering to change my auto gearbox to manual.. is it possible to do that? after change it, will appear any trouble? coz i scare after change it will alot of problem.. another problem is is good to swap wit people or go cut shop to buy a manual gearbox? what is the market price should be? SIFUS !! pls advice me.. confusing here.. THANK YOU !!:adore::adore:

ya should be no problem, but my suggestion is you better a passo head, then swap, else you'll be having troubles in changing the auto gear knob to manual, paddle, wiring, tis n tat, n the best solution is .... go to perodua service centre, ask for myvi manual, then everything will be solved...cheaper n nice

stevenfish89

Jul 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks SixthGearAutoServices comment..

erm, i don't understand.. a passo head? u mean i ned to convert to passo? and another thing is go to perodua service centre ah? erm.. will they can provide me manual gearbox (i mean help me change auto to manual) and give me good price for the manual gearbox? really scare exp coz their services oso exp.. Besides that, they accept swapping? i mean my auto trade their manual gearbox.. did they have this kind or offer? pls advice thanks thanks..:biggrin::biggrin:

stevenfish89

Jul 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks DanzEterna and JINEIL2EN comments..

DanzEterna,
haha bro.. don wan 6 speed la.. LOL.. i jux wan normal myvi 5 speed maybe change racing clutch la.. anyway thanks ur comment...

JINEIL2EN,
erm, ya.. im oso thinking to change local myvi gearbox.. but anywhere recommend? outside foreman or jux like SixthGearAutoServices mentioned at perodua service centre.. izit will cost exp?

ANYONE TRY CHANGE GEARBOX AT PERODUA CENTRE??? pls giv commment ya.. thanks thanks..

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
thanks DanzEterna and JINEIL2EN comments..

DanzEterna,
haha bro.. don wan 6 speed la.. LOL.. i jux wan normal myvi 5 speed maybe change racing clutch la.. anyway thanks ur comment...

JINEIL2EN,
erm, ya.. im oso thinking to change local myvi gearbox.. but anywhere recommend? outside foreman or jux like SixthGearAutoServices mentioned at perodua service centre.. izit will cost exp?

ANYONE TRY CHANGE GEARBOX AT PERODUA CENTRE??? pls giv commment ya.. thanks thanks..
just drop by at SS2, then i'll bring u to the Rally center of Perodua....:proud:

stevenfish89

Jul 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
oh JINEIL2EN..

SS2? haha.. rally center.. u mean u bring me to a nice place for convert gearbox? nice service? and how much bullet i ned to prepare? can let me know? :)

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
bro, its not as simple as swapping only...

u need to get the manual gearbox, clutch plate, flywheel, mounting ( if its not same as auto gearbox mounting) also drive shaft (if its not same as auto drive shaft), clutch cable, clutch pedal, gear lever, and a good workshop....

stevenfish89

Jul 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks 8229 comments..

yaya.. i agree with u.. alot of thing need to get to convert a manual gearbox.. im still looking any alot experince + good workmanship workshop to do a big project on converting auto to manual gearbox.. any recommend place ah? KL and selangor area..

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
oh JINEIL2EN..

SS2? haha.. rally center.. u mean u bring me to a nice place for convert gearbox? nice service? and how much bullet i ned to prepare? can let me know? :)
mayb will b more cheaper compare with other shop...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
jin,,,,rally center ss2???

MRU ah???

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'll make it simple:

"---On 2009-07-24 00:44:00.0 You Wrote Us--- My question is this :- Meguiars Slide Lock Detail Brush - The bristle is made of ??

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Meguiars with your product question. The Slide Lock Brush used boar hair for the bristles.
Regards,
Michael Stoops
Customer Care Center | Meguiar's, Inc.
17991 Mitchell S.
Irvine, CA 92614
(800) 854-8073 xt175"

Be warned...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience