Gearbox oil

jingut_04

Known Member
May 5, 2004
now i'm using torco brand.so far(after 1 month) it OK.gear shifting more smoother than before.It really can feel after a week.
But donno can lasting how long or any effect after this.Wan,how long ur LSD
spoiled after using Redline?

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
now i'm using torco brand.so far(after 1 month) it OK.gear shifting more smoother than before.It really can feel after a week.
But donno can lasting how long or any effect after this.Wan,how long ur LSD
spoiled after using Redline?
how much u paid for the torco? in 1 litre bottle or 2L? where u got it?

mugen9

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
for the first time i tried Redline 75w/90 LSD g/b oil...first 10k,ok...after that hard to shift...sucks...somemore expensive...I only trust 2 brands...Motul & Chemlube which really satisfied me...I use both for engine and g/b...

currently using Motul 90PA and lot better than Redline ...going to change clutch plate and gonna use Motul 80w/90 g/b oil...

Mie hattech,

u should try to sell Chemlube Semi-Syn and see how ...u can compare with
Motul Turbolight and feel the different ! and more cheaper compare to Turbolight and Ester base...

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
motul 90PA is mineral oil is it?

MOTYLGEAR 75W-90 not suitable for LSD?

mugen9

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
yes...90PA is mineral and i feel way better than redline 75w/90 fully syn...
the 80w/90 i think should be ok..semi-syn and i will pour together with Lubegard gearbox additive...wanna try...few my friend tried and thumbs up...
yup.the 80w/90 didn't stated it's for LSD oil...

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
so the best bang for $ is 90PA? how about honda oem manual gear fluid, suitable for LSD?
act got two type of honda oem, one is local made with plastic 1L bottle & one type is japan 4L metal one. but none mentioned about LSD.

mugen9

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
normally the manufacturer should made the oil for their gearbox... i have no idea since i never tried Honda OEM fluid....the only Honda spareparts that I trust is in Subang Jaya,Exceptional Autoparts...if it is from Japan,they would tell the truth...

I would try to avoid local assemble lubricants...right now lots of imitation...
almost everything....

boss_11

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
sha 'a nan
Visit site
thanx 2 all for d gud info ere...

i plannin changin gearbox oil next month...

any recommendation 4 my honda EF3...its ZC engine wif manual tranny...

jingut_04

Known Member
May 5, 2004
I'm using this brand.1st time using this & 1st changed after convert(6-7month ago).I'm using 80w-90 with additive.This type none synthetic type but meet GL6(don't ask me further...hehehehe).So far,better than previous.Because last time,engaging gear 2 sometime got a problem.

p/s:Before this,tried to search NASA(much cheaper)....but can't find it.

dc_vtec

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2006
aiiyaa..eddie.. still didnt change ur g/box oil arr?..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We will once again be blessed with Mini’s zipping around the dirt tracks of the World Rally Championship next year and their machine of choice has been unveiled at the Paris Motor Show.

The platform of choice is a Countryman S that has been given the full over treatment by the boys at Prodrive. As we mentioned earlier, the team will only be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience