gear box problem?help

zephuros

Known Member
Apr 16, 2004
Malaysia
Hey guys,

if it is heat you want to keep out of the cabin, then i would recommend a good thermal insulator. If it is indeed engine heat then you can quite easily install some form of thermal insulator on the firewall to stop that heat from coming into the cabin. I actually have a very good solution, but it's rather expensive. It's called aerogel and works like no other material, and is bloody lightweight too.... interested? Let me know...

picks

Known Member
May 25, 2007
hi zephuros, surely have the interest to block all the heat from coming in, anyhow it's not such a big deal, but, got other stuff to the car in mind, so, no budget for that yet, :)
and it's true about the aircond, i was actually starting to suspect my gas was almost finished, now that u mention it, kindda explain it all, heh..
thanks for the suggestions guys!

cheers!

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Hi picks...I would strongly not recommend using brush-on or aerosol (spray type) insulation products as they some how have the tendency to absorb and retain moisture which causes rust..

I would recommend dealing with it via using heat deflector plates or adhesive heat insulation tape..

zephuros

Known Member
Apr 16, 2004
Malaysia
correct... i agree... .no spray on stuf especially polyurethane foam. Here's a heads up.... Polyurethane foam is also known as polyisocyanurate... and as the name suggests, cyanide is a by product of the material when burned. Also, polyurethane or polyisocyanurate (PIR) cannot handle temperatures over 180 deg C, else it WILL burn. Using it to stiffen up a chassis is ok, but again, due to it's open-cell nature it will absorb moisture over time and that will lead to corrosion... this is the same stuff that makes insulated pipes rust. There have been instances where trapped water vapour in polyurethane yields pH levels of around 4, which is highly acidic and causes leaching and corrosion on the metal it is adhered to. So, forget sprayed on PU/PIR. :)

Also be careful with sound deadening insulation such as elastomeric foams. Altough these materials do well in keeping noise and heat out, they do absorb moisture. There are only 2 products out there that will not absorb moisture over extended periods of time and they're called K Flex and Armaflex. Stay away from the other cheap elastomeric foams. EVA foams are also bad... these are what most audio installers will try and sell you...

Liner

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Sorry to hijack thread,
Russ : Are you still in overseas now ? wondering if you would be coming for the next TT session.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,
need ur help over here. i heard that 4G92p can change to 91 dohc head can you tell me what i should to do and what i should change while change to dohc for example.gasket and etc
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience