Gauging interest on plasti dip

Gauging Interest : Which Plasti Dip Color Would You Prefer And What Would You Dip?

• Blaze Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Blaze Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze Orange

• Blaze Pink

• Blaze Purple

• Blaze Yellow

• Base White

• Base Red

• Base Black

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Smoke!

• Gun Metal

• Camo Black

• Camo Brown

• Camo Tan

• Camo Green

• Total voters

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I did like 5 coats for my BLM rear bumper that time, and it is much more solid and long lasting.

Btw, stay tune...Project Porsche coming up. :rolleyes:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Time to update this thread.

As promise, Porsche Cayenne Project :biggrin:

Before: (borrow photos from the net)

After Plastidip:

MATTE BLACK PORSCHE CAYENNE

1st Coat -

2nd coat or 3rd coat, can't remember. Total 4 coats.

COMPLETED JOB - Matte Black Porsche Cayenne

Thanks for reading. That's all for now. Glass have been left as black. Taking it as Fully Dark Tinted.

I did encounter a problem, as you guys can see in case you guys didn't notice. The front Windscreen is blurred.
Not by intention but after peeling off the plastidip from the windscreen, it end up this way.

Not sure why, so decided to leave the rest of the windows alone. Not sure what's the cause but the windows are all plastics.
Might try to use Headlamp polish to remove the blur-ish vision.

1st time encounter such thing.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Plastic dip reacted with the plastic windscreen???
That's a good question. I'm still thinking what made such reaction. I use Colgate also can't rub it off.
Is like totally eaten into it or something. So final resort gonna try headlamp polish and see how things goes. Felt rough as well. Inside is okay, just the outside is rough surface.

If I knew, would have left the windscreen plastidip black. Like a VIP Dark Tinted Car LOL!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That's a good question. I'm still thinking what made such reaction. I use Colgate also can't rub it off.
Is like totally eaten into it or something. So final resort gonna try headlamp polish and see how things goes. Felt rough as well. Inside is okay, just the outside is rough surface.

If I knew, would have left the windscreen plastidip black. Like a VIP Dark Tinted Car LOL!
Probably very cheap type of plastic. Plastic dip in liquid form should have petroleum to attack the plastic material...my 2 sens....:driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
It seems like Blaze colours are already selling in MidV for a year quoted by someone.
And Ikano 1 month ago.
WHY NOBODY SHARED! THIS IS SAD.

Although, Publika don't have it yet when i went there 2 weeks ago.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
It seems like Blaze colours are already selling in MidV for a year quoted by someone.
And Ikano 1 month ago.
WHY NOBODY SHARED! THIS IS SAD.

Although, Publika don't have it yet when i went there 2 weeks ago.
Because you know I know who would sapu all from Ace later and sell it at higher price. Which is why I also didnt share here even though they would know sooner or later. But is good that Ace is bringing in and making it easier for us Plastidip Fans.

Anyway, did my car side mirror with Black PD but didn't post yet since it wasn't that good outcome.
Wasn't easy to do on that day when it was so windy. Too many flaws..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Because you know I know who would sapu all from Ace later and sell it at higher price. Which is why I also didnt share here even though they would know sooner or later. But is good that Ace is bringing in and making it easier for us Plastidip Fans.

Anyway, did my car side mirror with Black PD but didn't post yet since it wasn't that good outcome.
Wasn't easy to do on that day when it was so windy. Too many flaws..
I remember that. I mentioned then next day OOS.. so nowadays I keep my mouth shut.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
doing some DIY on X'mas day result pretty good just tat i too rush to install all the trim back my hand print was printed on those still wet paint on some part
Nicely done bro. didnt apply any clear coat right?

diyrubberpaint.com

Jan 2, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
doing some DIY on X'mas day result pretty good just tat i too rush to install all the trim back my hand print was printed on those still wet paint on some part
nice job...its matte black?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Get from Ace Hardware Mid Valley...
Nice, just hope the price wont increase anymore due to huge demand for it. Previously was only RM40.90 if not mistaken.

But good thing is all same price for all colours. Blaze blue would be great. Blaze orange look kinda too bright to me.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all,

i got the GAB SS series adjustables for my vios. so, i will be spending time tweaking it! however, some queries below:

1. my front spring rate is 6kg and my rear is 4kg. with my damping set to hard, the car is bumpy, but in corners, slight body roll is noted. should i up my spring rate to further reduce body roll, or is slight roll acceptable? I have thought of installing anti-roll bar to the rear, but was advised not to do so as it may distort the suspension from doing its...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience