Front Mount Intercooler upgrade w/ stock TD04??

keen6883

Jun 25, 2012
Manila
Bros, need your inputs.

1) Since our factory setup the TD04 outlet on the upward direction (unlike TD05 downward direction) does anybody here managed to fit pipings to mate TD04 and a front mount intercooler?? would you care to share some pics??

2) TD05 from evo 4,5,6 will bolt on to our factory exhaust manifold??

I really need some help guyz, thanks advance....:wavey:

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
1) Since our factory setup the TD04 outlet on the upward direction (unlike TD05 downward direction) does anybody here managed to fit pipings to mate TD04 and a front mount intercooler?? would you care to share some pics?? U have anyone U know whom can service a turbo, I believe U can rotate the compressor housing to have the outlet face downward like a TD05. I did thought of loosening the center cartridge and rotate it downward, but that would require a major re-routing of the lube & water lines

2) TD05 from evo 4,5,6 will bolt on to our factory exhaust manifold?? No. Airtrek TD04 turbo and exhaust manifold is single entry & bolt hole locations are different from Evo 4,5,6 TD05 twin entry turbo

Last edited:

keen6883

Jun 25, 2012
Manila
Thanks for the reply bro. I just dont think routing a custom piping starting from upward direction ending to downward to intercooler's inlet is nice thing to do. doesnt look nice I think and space consuming. So means easiest way out is to get parts from an evo4,5,6 from exhaust manifold upto turbo downpipe??

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
Thanks for the reply bro. I just dont think routing a custom piping starting from upward direction ending to downward to intercooler's inlet is nice thing to do. doesnt look nice I think and space consuming. So means easiest way out is to get parts from an evo4,5,6 from exhaust manifold upto turbo downpipe??
Yea bro Keen, it's probably best to go with Evo 4,5,6,7,8,9 turbo & manifold if U want to convert to front mount intercooler =)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifu, my mechanic quote me RM520 for the 1.3 to 1.6 clutch, i suppose it is taken from the wira, i'm not sure new or secondhand, izzit worth to change ?? i'm driving stock satria. He say this will increase my pick up, is it true ? is RM500 worth for this modification or i better use it on other thing ??
Thanks for help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience