Formula One - Malaysian Grand Prix

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well that's typical Bernie la, he has been like that all along. That's what makes him reach the top and stay there for so long while becoming filthy rich at the same time. No surprise in a no-mercy business full of sharks that is F1. To be fair, there were lots of good periods in F1 back then but yeah the last few years or decade not so good already.

It will be a big loss to F1 when SIC quits F1. SIC IMHO is one of the best tracks in the world in terms of layout and probably the best of Tilke's designs.
If more countries quit, I think SIC will get the message that their method of doing things is not working. By then, they will probably do something to change it or we'll just wait until Bernie retires or dies off or something since he is quite old.

I miss the high revving nature of previous F1.... And their cool looking ITB aligned together.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well that's typical Bernie la, he has been like that all along. That's what makes him reach the top and stay there for so long while becoming filthy rich at the same time. No surprise in a no-mercy business full of sharks that is F1. To be fair, there were lots of good periods in F1 back then but yeah the last few years or decade not so good already.

It will be a big loss to F1 when SIC quits F1. SIC IMHO is one of the best tracks in the world in terms of layout and probably the best of Tilke's designs.
I thought I read somewhere F1 sold already, soon no more Bernie......lol:rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I thought I read somewhere F1 sold already, soon no more Bernie......lol:rofl:
Sold to Liberty Media Group but Bernie still at the helm for the moment.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

If more countries quit, I think SIC will get the message that their method of doing things is not working. By then, they will probably do something to change it or we'll just wait until Bernie retires or dies off or something since he is quite old.

I miss the high revving nature of previous F1.... And their cool looking ITB aligned together.
Mid 80s and early 90s was the golden era of F1 when cars already made similar power like now but yet a lot less aero grip and electronics so the drivers had to fight the car a lot more.

Next year the car should look a lot better than now and will be much faster but not sure if that will also improve the racing. Let's hope it does but so far there are worries that it may actually be worse due to even more aero dependence instead of mechanical grip.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Mid 80s and early 90s was the golden era of F1 when cars already made similar power like now but yet a lot less aero grip and electronics so the drivers had to fight the car a lot more.

Next year the car should look a lot better than now and will be much faster but not sure if that will also improve the racing. Let's hope it does but so far there are worries that it may actually be worse due to even more aero dependence instead of mechanical grip.
If they keep on making the cars faster and faster without restriction, soon it might be too difficult for a human to drive such a machine on a track. I heard there are a lot of regulations that limits F1 teams from further increasing their car's power.

So, next year still on V6 turbo?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If they keep on making the cars faster and faster without restriction, soon it might be too difficult for a human to drive such a machine on a track. I heard there are a lot of regulations that limits F1 teams from further increasing their car's power.

So, next year still on V6 turbo?
The things is they want to make is safer also, that is why every time try to impose new rules to slow them down, but car manufacturer kept improving. From 1.5 twin turbo, went to 3.0 NA, then 2.4 and so on....lol:biggrin:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site

I miss those days bcoz it was something like SuperGT all man, skills n driver speak to engineer... not like today Engineer builds the car... racer drives and goes EMO (referring to one F1 kid who always cries n never mature) better still... SAME CAR WINS...

I miss the Senna, Prost, Mansell Era n then Schumi and Hakinnen Era...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The things is they want to make is safer also, that is why every time try to impose new rules to slow them down, but car manufacturer kept improving. From 1.5 twin turbo, went to 3.0 NA, then 2.4 and so on....lol:biggrin:
Agree about safety. Today, we rarely hear of fatal accidents in F1 unlike few decades ago. Despite being one of the fastest motorsport event now.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Agree about safety. Today, we rarely hear of fatal accidents in F1 unlike few decades ago. Despite being one of the fastest motorsport event now.
actually Jules Bianchi is the latest F1 fatally, crash with a tractor during heavy rain.

again Japan circuits during rain happen some fatal accident.

I remembered Fuji SPeedway had the same thing with Tetsuya Ota but luckily he was alive...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This is one good article about F1 now which I kinda agree:
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/opinion-how-formula-1-could-guarantee-a-compelling-show-852638/

So in summary, they need to make the cars more challenging & physical to drive where the drivers need to fight the cars like trying to control a monster! Nowadays the cars are obviously a lot faster but yet they look a lot more calm as the drivers do not need to fight them as much as the olden days. Just compare many of the on board cameras of Senna's era vs today or even the last 2 decades, the difference in effort in the cockpit is night and day! It looked so spectacular back then with 1 hand counter steering and another shifting, heel & toe, more sliding, more vibration etc2., simply just awesome to watch while today it looked so much more calm (even though surely still very difficult). That's where you can appreciate the drivers' skill a lot more, they are like heroes to us. I honestly started following F1 since the 80s because I watched one of Senna's on board and that time coincide with the time I started driving so it was a jaw dropping moment for me. F1 needs to back to the roots like back then!

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/opinion-how-formula-1-could-guarantee-a-compelling-show-852638/

So in summary, they need to make the cars more challenging & physical to drive where the drivers need to fight the cars like trying to control a monster! Nowadays the cars are obviously a lot faster but yet they look a lot more calm as the drivers do not need to fight them as much as the olden days. Just compare many of the on board cameras of Senna's era vs today or even the last 2 decades, the difference in effort in the cockpit is night and day! It looked so spectacular back then with 1 hand counter steering and another shifting, heel & toe, more sliding, more vibration etc2., simply just awesome to watch while today it looked so much more calm (even though surely still very difficult). That's where you can appreciate the drivers' skill a lot more, they are like heroes to us. I honestly started following F1 since the 80s because I watched one of Senna's on board and that time coincide with the time I started driving so it was a jaw dropping moment for me. F1 needs to back to the roots like back then!
Yep, i remembered Interlagos 1991... gearbox rosak still can run.. Most canggih high tech car that time was Williams and Benetton (Early Schumi era)

i can remember in school (sekolah rendah), debated with my Gay friend about F1...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
actually Jules Bianchi is the latest F1 fatally, crash with a tractor during heavy rain.

again Japan circuits during rain happen some fatal accident.

I remembered Fuji SPeedway had the same thing with Tetsuya Ota but luckily he was alive...
That was really an unfortunate accident with many other factors involved like the bad weather. Sometimes, things do get out of control no matter how preparations that we humans have made especially with things that involves nature. But prior to that incident, the last fatality in F1 would be back in 1994 which is Senna himself right?

A good article. Not just F1, even new modern performance cars today requires less skill from the driver to handle the car. Like comparing between R35 and those older Skyline GT-R.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That was really an unfortunate accident with many other factors involved like the bad weather. Sometimes, things do get out of control no matter how preparations that we humans have made especially with things that involves nature. But prior to that incident, the last fatality in F1 would be back in 1994 which is Senna himself right?

A good article. Not just F1, even new modern performance cars today requires less skill from the driver to handle the car. Like comparing between R35 and those older Skyline GT-R.
Yes before Bianchi, Senna was the last fatality in F1.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

View attachment 355284

The tuning world has been rocked by news that the president of J’s Racing, Junichi Umemoto, has been arrested on attempted murder charges that stemmed from a bizarre late night incident that could have been avoided had he not attempted to flee the scene.

The incident in question took place on the night of 22 January in Osaka. Police alleged that the incident started with Umemoto brushing a pedestrian with his car, and then thinking that it was a serious...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience