Formula One - Malaysian Grand Prix

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I went once to Motor GP on hill stand. Unless you are at Grand stand, I prefer to watch on TV if there is telecast, because you wait say 1 and a half minute, they zoom past, then got to wait another 1 and a half minutes before they come around. On TV you get to see, know who is in front, get to see any mishap, replay and slow replay and in your house comfort......lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I went once to Motor GP on hill stand. Unless you are at Grand stand, I prefer to watch on TV if there is telecast, because you wait say 1 and a half minute, they zoom past, then got to wait another 1 and a half minutes before they come around. On TV you get to see, know who is in front, get to see any mishap, replay and slow replay and in your house comfort......lol
Yup exactly. I went to watch F1 Sepang back in year 2000 only. I've also watched Japan SuperGT once back in 2011. That's all. If really want to watch, TV is 100% better. Coming to the tracks is just to experience the atmosphere only and hear the real noise, not really to watch closely. I'd rather spend the money for sight seeing other tourists places or watch heavy metal concerts!

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
May i ask, why F1 car sound not so exciting ? No "stim" compare last time. They put silencer is it?
i like the sharp roaring, pitching sound, dropping gear sound....fuhhh satisfying.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
May i ask, why F1 car sound not so exciting ? No "stim" compare last time. They put silencer is it?
i like the sharp roaring, pitching sound, dropping gear sound....fuhhh satisfying.
Since 2014 they use 1.6ltr V6 turbo hybrid engines that revs lower as well to just around 12k rpm. Last time was 3.0 V8 NA engines, which could rev to 19-20k rpm! Before the V8 era, there was3.5 ltr V10-V12 NA engines which revved to about 14-16k rpm which also sounded demonic! Those V8-V12 NA era engines were just pure eargasm to hear!
So the factors that lessen the noise are:
1. Less cylinders.
2. Turbo which also muffles the exhaust somewhat.
3. Lower revs to maintain reliability and limit the turbo power.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If you listen to Formula E racing car even worse......lol:biggrin:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
i thought u are talking about F1 getting cancel both Singapore and Malaysia

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thread was started in September, but now only know they want to cancel future races in SG and MY......lol

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
everyone was getting crazy on my FB.. btw here is one of the news
http://paultan.org/2016/11/21/malaysia-to-stop-hosting-formula-1-after-2018-report/

Pray for SuperGT to come back !!!!
You should look at how the CEO of F1 talks. How arrogant he sounded... Here is a link.

http://paultan.org/2016/11/21/singapore-may-not-extend-formula-1-race-after-2017/

Let me post some of his quotes about Singapore leaving F1.

Look at what we have done for Singapore. Yes, the Grand Prix has cost Singapore a lot of money, but we’ve also given them a lot of money. Singapore was suddenly more than just an airport to fly to or from somewhere. Now they believe they have reached their goal and they do not want a Grand Prix anymore,”

And on another matter.

Mercedes will retire on the day when it suits them, and it’s something we had before. Look at Honda, BMW and Toyota. They go when Formula One has done the job for them. There is no gratitude,”

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
You should look at how the CEO of F1 talks. How arrogant he sounded... Here is a link.

http://paultan.org/2016/11/21/singapore-may-not-extend-formula-1-race-after-2017/

Let me post some of his quotes about Singapore leaving F1.

Look at what we have done for Singapore. Yes, the Grand Prix has cost Singapore a lot of money, but we’ve also given them a lot of money. Singapore was suddenly more than just an airport to fly to or from somewhere. Now they believe they have reached their goal and they do not want a Grand Prix anymore,”

And on another matter.

Mercedes will retire on the day when it suits them, and it’s something we had before. Look at Honda, BMW and Toyota. They go when Formula One has done the job for them. There is no gratitude,”
Well many of us Hated BERNIE... he is the reason why F1 is messed up... i heard u have pay USD of 40 Million dollars to him for an F1 race !!!!

imagine how much he makes n then his daughter shows off money, that why some famous circuits dont want to continue n rest for a year or like Japan 5 years Suzuka n 5 years Fuji.

It is kinda messed up...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well many of us Hated BERNIE... he is the reason why F1 is messed up... i heard u have pay USD of 40 Million dollars to him for an F1 race !!!!

imagine how much he makes n then his daughter shows off money, that why some famous circuits dont want to continue n rest for a year or like Japan 5 years Suzuka n 5 years Fuji.

It is kinda messed up...
I never heard about him until now. The moment I saw his picture, it tells enough that he is not really a nice person... Arrogant egoistic guy like white people last time.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I never heard about him until now. The moment I saw his picture, it tells enough that he is not really a nice person... Arrogant egoistic guy like white people last time.
Well that's typical Bernie la, he has been like that all along. That's what makes him reach the top and stay there for so long while becoming filthy rich at the same time. No surprise in a no-mercy business full of sharks that is F1. To be fair, there were lots of good periods in F1 back then but yeah the last few years or decade not so good already.

It will be a big loss to F1 when SIC quits F1. SIC IMHO is one of the best tracks in the world in terms of layout and probably the best of Tilke's designs.