Ford Focus gets focused....and Opti Coated.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Hi All,

Okay, today I am posting a journey taken back in CNY 2013..... yes, 2013. I have already posted this on my blog a few weeks back and finally got some time to share it in ZTH. Nasty html codes.... blogspot and zth uses 2 difference codes for their images.

Car was bought new and owner decides to give it a nice protection. After discussion on the pro and con of coating, he decided to jump into the bandwagon and give it a go.

Ok, don't want to talk gibberish too much. We move to inspect the car.

Upon arrival.... bird droppings.

Peel here.....hmmm.......... why?

Cause all 4 tyres and rims were NASTY..........

Check it out...........

A 50/50 of the D.E.T.A.I.L.E.D rims vs the not part.....

What were those NASTY stains...... GLUE MARK.... to be explained in the below comments.

After done cleaning the rims, its time to inspect the rest of the car...... dust all over..

Rear is not spared from the dust and water combo

Lots of dead bugs and dirt on the bottom half of the car....

What da......... more glue stains... under the headlamp???

Glue stains on the clear coat as well.....

Swirls from the B-Pillar section of the car door...

Ok.... so time to do some claying....... amount of dirt removed from the bonnet....

Owner of the car claying the lower section of the car...... nothing beats the love of the owner...

Some weird transfer from unknown things....

Polish it a bit.... and TADAA..... its gone.

Big car, not much time to document and snap photos..... by the time we were done, its already at night...... this is after coating was applied.

Some water beading test....... nope..... if memory serves me right (forgive me, this was completed more than a year back) there was a short shower thus the water.

Stupid mozzie sucked my blood well.....

And now..... fast forward 1 year after the detailing was done...... I gotta love this time gaps...... car was scratched at the rear fender + transfer from unknown orange thingy...

This is the orange thingy

Combo shot of both orange thingy and scratch.

Close up shot of the scratch after detailing..... too deep and not much could be done. This is the best that could be done....

From a bit further..... you do not really notice the scratch.....and where da heck is the orange thingy.....

The orange thingy is most like transfer from other car doors or people carrying stuff walking pass. As this car was coated with Optimum Opti-Coat... the removal of such transference was made really really easy.

Time Spend: roughly 12 hours if not mistaken... i only remember from morning till night. And it was coupled with a Myvi cataract removal.
Product used: Opti Coat aka Opti Guard, Optimum Power Clean of different dilution.
Satisfaction Level: Awesome gloss but could be better if I had the time to document it. Just took too long on the correction.
Note:
- Bloody FORD should at least clean off the glue marks from the car prior to delivery.
- Delivering a car with such unsightly rims and glue marks hidden all over the car is a real turn off. If it was me, I would not even take delivery of the car.
- Opti-Coating your car does not mean you do not need to wash the car, it only means maintaining the car is easier. Weekly or at least bi-weekly wash is still recommended.

Please leave me your comments.... be it good, bad, nice, evil, constructive, non-constructive or even gibberish.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I think the glue is the one used on those plastic cover which are mostly found on the inside of new car.They are frequently used on door sill and the front door card lower part.

Its easy to peel off but the glue is not very visible to eyes u til it starts attracting dust.

anyway..great job.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
From what i was told, the glue on the rim is from the Styrofoams that they paste on them during shipping to sorta protect it against accidental bumps.

The glue on the paint and headlight.... your explanation seems possible. The one i shot was on the roof.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nowadays seems some car brands also offer to send your car for you for glass coating and it comes with 5 year warranty when you purchase their cars.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Correct. My colleague got his brand spanking new Lancer GTE 3 months back and was offered a glass coating for almost 3k.

Needless to say, he rejected it.

Izso: haha, yeah, i noticed the color of my shirt and the transfer was exactly the same also.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Correct. My colleague got his brand spanking new Lancer GTE 3 months back and was offered a glass coating for almost 3k.

Needless to say, he rejected it.

Izso: haha, yeah, i noticed the color of my shirt and the transfer was exactly the same also.
Ya guess most consumers will compare. If send to personal professional detailer vs shop. Some Shop now they offer 5 years warranty. Guess they know outside got lots of personal detailers.

So in order to compete they offer such offers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all sifu here, i m new here. is that who know what is the prosedure for transplant engine?is that we can take back the part belong to our own car after modified?normally how we know that they will use all the part of the halfcut, if they dint do as what they provide can we as them to do for us?10s lot guy.hope u can help me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience