Ford Focus Opti Coated

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
This is a job order all the way in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah but introduced by Muyo <hypergloss.blogspot.com>. Hence, we undertook this job together. A brand new self-parking Ford Focus needs to be perfected and coated for permanent protection.

Mun, thanks for this DIT and this post is for you. Cheers...

We started with the wheels. Wheels were cleaned with Osren Degreaser FX

Before

After

I work further on the wheels by using Iron-X and Tar remover

As expected for a new car, very little iron particles were found. Gum marks like the picture on the right were easily removed by tar remover.

The car was given a good bubble wash...

and a really detail thorough cleaning. Trims and badges were cleaned with Optimum Power Clean.

Clayed with ONR as lube.

Proceed to inspection...

Despite being new, this car was involved in a small accident and had the front resprayed. The finish is an unintentional flat white.

Lack of definition. Inspection with LED shows pigmented and rough surface.

The right side back panels were full of mineralised water drip marks.

A close up...

Due to the terrible condition of the front, Muyo started with the front by using Osren P40 with Denim pad followed up by velvet pad, and then polished to refine.

This was before.

Have a view at the 50/50. Marrings are still present and needs to be further refined. But paint is leveled.

Another view of 50/50.

The mineralised watermarks were tried with a light polish "Autoglym Super Resin Polish". Seems useless. We proceeded to using M105 on purple foamed wool and finished with M205 on polishing pad.

Before...

After

The rest of the car was then corrected with M105 on purple foamed wool, M105 on polishing pad, and M205 on polishing pad.

All defects were removed to a swirl-less, scratch-less finish.

Having perfected the surface, Optimum Coating "Opti-Guard" was applied and allowed to cure overnight.

There is no end to the pursuit of perfection. Polished all the chrome and metal parts.

Before. Filled with scratches. Lack of shine and reflection.

Slow hand polish with Autoglym Metal Polish. Finished and protected with Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

After

Next morning gloss...

Water beading...

Thank you for viewing...

Last edited:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Oh me oh my.....what can be said about the works that haven't been said before. KUDOS!!!

So whites are the hottest selling colour nowadays eh....back in the old days only police cars are white.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Great job guys! Nicely documented...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Oh me oh my.....what can be said about the works that haven't been said before. KUDOS!!!

So whites are the hottest selling colour nowadays eh....back in the old days only police cars are white.
Thanks bro.. Hehe... Yeah less visible defects and easier to correct. But less satisfaction too upon correction. Can't do those Godlike 50/50 like what you did recently.

Great job guys! Nicely documented...
Thanks for the cheers on Seech!

The rear lamps of the Focus looked damn new!

Did you polish the rear lamps as well?

If so, what did you use?
Yes... But just a light pass of M205 to clean it because it was already new to begin with.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Attention Muyo: You have been extremely quiet these days. You are even quiet after I posted on your behalf. Please make some noise. Failure to do so will result in act of violence.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,

just wanted to see if anyone has used the evo1/2/3 oem absorbers + springs before? im looking to convert my wira GSR back to "comfortable-like-stock standard" cos ive got a baby on the way...been using adjustables for many yrs, and its time to change...

so i've asked around, and got mixed opinions, which got me all confused...i wanna go back to the stock standard comfort level, dont bother about performance anymore...so obviously oem is the way to go...question is, which oem...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience