Flx Blm Springs

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
Hi guys,

Im a FLX user and like some, i find that the stock flx suspension has been so called "Proton tuned" for better handling but is rather stiff as a result.

My question would be,
- could i swap in the softer BLM suspension (springs & shocks/abs) into my FLX?
- would the ride hide be same? if not, is it higher or lower?
- has anyone done this?

Sorry if my question sounds silly :stupid:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hi guys,

Im a FLX user and like some, i find that the stock flx suspension has been so called "Proton tuned" for better handling but is rather stiff as a result.

My question would be,
- has anyone done this?

I'm driving a BLM, yes BLM absorbers are softer and I could actually swap your FLX Suspension into my BLM as well.

But problem with it, the handling wont be as good. You won't like it. When it is full with passengers
at the rear, you will see the car as if it has been lowered but is actually due to fully loaded with
passengers at the rear. So it shows how soft is the suspension at the rear.

Can I have your FLX suspension if you are changing? LOL! :rofl:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hi guys,

My question would be,
- has anyone done this?

Why would someone want to make their handling more worst when Proton tried to make it better? I'm also having a FLX and I like how to stock suspension setup was but I change already to a set of adjustable even more harder settings.

Still to answer your question.
1. Yes, you can swap in BLM suspension to replace the FLX but you will suffer the following
- the rear will sink in when you carry passenger they call it sagat. If you notice all those BLM have this problem and they need to stuff in the spring buffer to reduce the sagat.
- much worst handling

2. Ride height maybe the same or the rear will sink lower than the front
3. Has anyone done it ? NO because it's downgrading.

Why Proton revised the suspension setting on the FLX is to solved the problem in the BLM. It's only 20% more stiffer than BLM and the rear has bigger stopper to reduce the rear from sagging due to heavy load.

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
Why would someone want to make their handling more worst when Proton tried to make it better? I'm also having a FLX and I like how to stock suspension setup was but I change already to a set of adjustable even more harder settings.

Still to answer your question.
1. Yes, you can swap in BLM suspension to replace the FLX but you will suffer the following
- the rear will sink in when you carry passenger they call it sagat. If you notice all those BLM have this problem and they need to stuff in the spring buffer to reduce the sagat.
- much worst handling

2. Ride height maybe the same or the rear will sink lower than the front
3. Has anyone done it ? NO because it's downgrading.

Why Proton revised the suspension setting on the FLX is to solved the problem in the BLM. It's only 20% more stiffer than BLM and the rear has bigger stopper to reduce the rear from sagging due to heavy load.
Thx for that info:biggrin:

Rear stopper? Is it part of the spring assembly? Also, is there any way to soften the ride a bit? I rarely carry people at the rear mostly it's just me and 1 pax infront (this flx is my frankly speaking go-to-work/shopping car:smile:)

I understand it's downgrading, and the current stock setup is rather good... but, since the reason i got a simple new car is to have some degree of comfort, but now its the same level of stiffness i got from my previous lowered car (minus the "sangkut-sangkut" part off course)

supra: dont get me wrong, i may want to swap with you if the 'benefits' is to my liking hehehe

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Metaru, The rear stopper is the white colour thing inside the absorber. If you ask me how to soften up a suspension I really don't know how. Maybe you can add those spring cushion thing but I can't guarantee anything. I think you will get used to the suspension over time...

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
Metaru, The rear stopper is the white colour thing inside the absorber. If you ask me how to soften up a suspension I really don't know how. Maybe you can add those spring cushion thing but I can't guarantee anything. I think you will get used to the suspension over time...
Since the stopper is part of the flx absorber, then... changing the springs would be not as bad as it would be on a blm's absorber right? Just my 2cents :biggrin:

Anyways thx guys for the feedback, much appreciated :rock:

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
IF you change the springs only it might be softer but not sure how the car will be feeling when driven. You can try.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Maybe just get some comfort tyres. It makes some difference in comfort level. Maybe thicker sidewall tyres.
I have no idea how to make it softer as well. But seriously u wont like BLM suspension. I hate it a lot :rofl:

Can't have the best of both worlds. :biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
SF, You buy my complete set of FLX suspension set la...Kakakaka

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

ryanpoon

Jun 22, 2014
guy,i'm driving flx se and just install lowered springs ...but when goin through uneven road or bumps,there's "ngek ngek" sound from the front..izzit the absorber is damage or the absorber too stiff and not suitable for lowered springs?anyone had this problem b4?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

jz now home, saw that my radiator indicator point more than 1/2, it is rarely happen!
wat's wrong????? :blink:

another problem is tat my engine more noise after service, is it due to the lubricant oil??? i jz change 2 a 10W-40 caltex from 15W-50 esso!
during service, i oso changed oil filter & plug.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience