Ferrari 458 Italia tuned by Oakley Design

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

I guess you're probably thinking Oakley, the maker of some of the coolest sunglasses around, but you're wrong. We're talking Oakley Design, the British tuning firm that won international credit for its take on the Porsche GT2, GT3 and Panamera. The tuner is now back with another sleek package this time for the Ferrari 458 Italia and limited to only five individually-numbered units. The tuned Ferrari gets a aerodynamic upgrade, a few cosmetic changes, and more power.

By tweaking the ECU, Oakley Design was able to boost power by an extra ten percent, taking overall power from 562bhp to 618bhp, while torque is bumper up five percent from 540Nm to 567Nm. Also combining to the increase in power and improved throttle response is a larger carbon-fiber air intake box, larger ram air feed and larger diameter white silicon pipes with Oakley Design logos connecting the air boxes to the intake.

The aerodynamics upgrades not only improve the look of the car but are also functional in nature, the front spoiler for example, adds 45kg of downforce at 241km/g, 25kg's of downforce is generated at the rear at the same speed, thanks to the added rear spoiler with a Gurney flap. Other upgrades like a new central radiator vent, radiator exhausts next to the headlights, stylized side sills, and a new rear and underbody diffuser help improve airflow around the car.

The sleek Fezza rides on 9.0J x 20-inch up front and 11.0J x 20-inch OZ Racing wheels wrapped with Pirelli Trofeo tires at the rear.Combined with a 65kg weight reduction thanks to the carbon fiber mods, which includes a new roof panel, the car is capable of faster sprints and better top speed.

The Oakley Design Ferrari 458 Italia reaches 100 km/h in 3.0 seconds, a 0.4-second improvement and tops out higher than 330 km/h. Those wanting the Oakley Design tuning kit, but not able to get one of the five limited edition models, can purchase parts individually from the firm.

Source: World Car Fans

Attachments

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.. n good morning to all sifu! first all sifu here.. i would like to know that 4g92p engine is sohc engine that my big brother plan to upgrade it.. my big brother advised by a sifu dont know where is the place one la.. just know the sifu know how to mod car one.. ok the stories is this sifu recommended my big brother to upgrade this engine change the engine head to 4g93p sohc including the head onli.. well other not included manifu, extractor 4-2-1, injector 240cc, 1 more is dont know wat...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience