Federal Highway KL

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
I usually drive cautiouslyon fed highway cause i think its one of the most dangerous highways apart from LDP (accident prone highway) and MRR2 (many bumper busters incidents).

There are a few 'hot areas' which i am aware of on fed highway where the accidents happen more often than not.
- near amcorp mall the underpass
- in front of midvalley just by RTM
- at the sunway turn off
- in front of GAB
- before the second turning into subang

Drive safe, drive awake, drive smart,
Don't be an ass and let others pass,
Be courteous and do your part.

Remember,
"Man who drive like hell, bound to get there"

spanker

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Subang Jaya
Basically, it's due to poor road design and system, coupled with bad m'sian driving attitude is what causes the jams.

Eg of poor system:

By rights, merging traffic should have the right of way, and cars on the highway should yield to merging traffic. That's how it works in other countries. Why?
1. Braking is faster than accelerating
2. Merging cars cannot see oncoming traffic. However, oncoming traffic can see merging traffic.

Poor signages (a.k.a lousy design). Example: "<- Petaling Jaya, Shah Alam ->" If I want to go to Klang, I'd have to extrapolate my location against PJ and Shah Alam, and then process the direction I want to go, and at the same time change lanes, watch for traffic, etc. It will be MUCH easier if the signs said "<- Federal Highway-East, Federal Highway-West ->". Worse still are the crappy signs on highways like this:
Pusat Bandaraya (some number) 15 km
Kuala Lumpur (some number) 20 km.

Good grief, that few seconds of confusion is going to cause a bloody accident at 110 km/h

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
I usually drive cautiouslyon fed highway cause i think its one of the most dangerous highways apart from LDP (accident prone highway) and MRR2 (many bumper busters incidents).

There are a few 'hot areas' which i am aware of on fed highway where the accidents happen more often than not.
- near amcorp mall the underpass
- in front of midvalley just by RTM
- at the sunway turn off
- in front of GAB
- before the second turning into subang

Drive safe, drive awake, drive smart,
Don't be an ass and let others pass,
Be courteous and do your part.

Remember,
"Man who drive like hell, bound to get there"
EXCELLENT OBSERVATION bud!!!these are all accident hotspots!

got once at night like 4am d amcorp underpass no light nothing....from 500m away all pitch dark cannot see anything n was speeding on fast lane from kl to sunway...last 200m only i saw got an accord facing MY direction!!directly at me...d 3 guys around d car quickly ran n jump across d divider while sum guy inside was flashing high beams at me...i was so fucking shocked i jammed brakes n swerve 9 9....if my reflexes was slow n still tipsy means bye bye liao...nirvana memorial park here i come...but thank god my friends and i were safe...everyone was shocked n even d one drunk as hell woke up...

Clanz:

well i think u shud stop using emergency lane on federal la bro...coz everytime i see ppl like that i really wish to shoot them...i mean everyone also late mah... n still queue like sohai....not fair to d rest of us...i hav used emergency lane before but only for emergency purposes like rush to police station n send my puppy to vet coz it wasnt breathing...anyway when i was still studying at INTI i normally take NPE...coz i feel its not worth burning petrol n time on federal...that time i one day use rm10 for toll!damn gila...one month close to 400 for toll only...

anyway federal is one really chialat road...got once on a fuckin SATURDAY(n no it wasnt a 3rd sat) i had finals at 8am...left house at 650am...masuk federal...2km from sunway exit in front of Merc Benz showroom i got stuck for nearly 40min...i start to panic...i made a uturn on federal(fuckin desperate liao) through d 'lubangs' that exist (for emergency vehicles i presume?) n cabut straight via NPE...was speeding all d way n arrived 5min before exam...that time really panic...since that day i never choose federal if i got something important to attend or do!

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
personally i hate driver who used emergency lane during trffic jm. YOU are one of the main reason why trffc jam become bad. these kind of driver will make other driver lost their patient. then they also follow cut queue. when see junction or police ahead, all rush to the most left lane. make people at left lane brake for them. and can coz angry too

If people can queue, you also can queue. Be considerate

spring

Known Member
Oct 8, 2009
Jitra and KL
personally i hate driver who used emergency lane during trffic jm. YOU are one of the main reason why trffc jam become bad. these kind of driver will make other driver lost their patient. then they also follow cut queue. when see junction or police ahead, all rush to the most left lane. make people at left lane brake for them. and can coz angry too

If people can queue, you also can queue. Be considerate
totally 100% agreed!!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

places that sell starters doesnt seem to have instalation included.. can someone help me with how to fix a starter or replacing my old starter into my car? my engine is 4g13p.. Im driving a saga... thank you very much..

if you dunno where to start.. can you guys tell me where is the starter for a saga located.. thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience