FEATHERLITE AUTO POLISH

KnightLTU

Nov 16, 2004
One of those days

Something hit me today.. :_:

I decided I'm going to try out the Featherlite Auto Premium Car Wash thingy and also the Featherlite Auto Polish. So, off I went shopping in ACE Hardware. In the same time, got myself another Tuffoil for my old car which is going for another maintenance service soon. Wah... don't know why I super support u Focal Point :confused_smile:

So.. with all my tools, brushes, towels and etc. Off I went washing 2 cars (both in Black). I want to compare your Featherlite Auto Premium Car Wash (on the new car) against my regular TripleWax Car Shampoo (on the old car). After all those hardwork and losing a few hundred calories (I hope :_: ), I have 2 cars fully washed and wiped clean under the sun. Guess what, maybe I'm too tired but I don't see any difference. Looks the same. Maybe both equally good :shades_smile: .

Wanted to proceed with the Featherlite Auto Polish on my old car with lots of swirl mark but... I guess it is fated.. the bright shinny day turn into a cloudy and eventually rainning day. So, luckily all cars parked under the balcony. Guess today not the day to test it out.

But one thing i realise regarding the Featherlite Car Wash, alot of suds. So very easy to wash the car :-). But dry fast (just like my Triplewax) so gotta wash the car portion by portion. Maybe it is windy as well. Ha ha ha! At the end, I guess this product not bad la. I'm going to try the Featherlite on my old car on the next car wash. Hopefully not too soon :_: . Lazy to wash la. Ha ha ha!

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Featherlite Paint Surface Care Products

The FEATHERLITE Car Wash is clear coat safe. It doesn't take away your car's precious lacquer.

Brand new car from the show room doesn't need the FEATHERLITE Auto Polish. You will need the FEATHERLITE Quick Shine. It's a mist spray. This product is excellent for cars displayed in the show room and in the exhibition hall. Use it to wipe away all finger prints and grime and it shines like a crazy diamond.

Thanks KnightLTU for your great support for both FEATHERLITE and TUFOIL Engine Treatment. Do not forget the also the TUFOIL Lubit-8 oiler stick. This is a great item for any car. For hinges, doors, key holes, cables, linkages etc. It's a low price item. Try some on your home sliding door. It flies!

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004

New lacquer will take some 5 -8 weeks to settle down. During this period avoid harsh shampoo and polishing.

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
i tried using auto polish and found out scratches on the car surface. the shine is there and also smooth surface but not the scratches. if i try using sealer, do i need to use auto polish again?

one more question, can i use auto polish biweekly/monthly? or no good?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004

Shallow and microscopic scratches can be removed by buffing. But for deep scratches, a lot of lacquer will have to be sacrificed if you are going to remove it. I suggest you live with them unless you are going for a respray.

Generally, for the tropics, 2 or 3 times a year should be more than sufficient and provided the lacquer is still there. Hence, make sure the shampoo you choose has to be marked CLEAR COAT SAFE. FEATHERLITE Car Wash is one such product and it is less than RM 30.

sebastian2hot

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
is quick shine a kind of wax or what? can i know more about that. I read a few pages of threads but still dunno what is that.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004

The FEATHERLITE Quick Shine is a quick detailer. It is not a wax. It has silicone resins and shine enhancement polymers. This is to be used in between polishing especially after a car wash. Sometimes after washing a car, the paint surface feels 'sticky'. You cannot glide your finger over it.

We know of a lot of people out there who use the Quick Shine after polishing with the FEATHERLITE Auto Polish. This further enhances the already superb shine.

Most important it is clear coat safe.

sebastian2hot

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
does auto polish remove thin layer of paint? as many people mention that polish will remove thin layer of paint. Seem so frequently you are polishing ur car. will it spoil ur car paint?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004

A thin layer of lacquer is sacrificed depending on the harshness of the polish itself.Some kinds of polish can be deadly abrasive and may even remove the paint underneath.In such a case there is often no 'U' turn and a new paint job will have to be commissioned. Hence, you do not polish your car every week. The FEATHERLITE Quick Shine enhances the shine of the surface lacquer.

Always use a clear coat safe shampoo to preserve precious lacquer if you have to wash the car every week. The FEATHERLITE Car Wash is a steal at below RM 30 and will be good for use for 6 months to a year.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004

Outstation customers can get the set of 3 FEATHERLITE products viz. Auto Polish + Quick Shine + Car Wash delivered by GDex to their doorstep for only RM 110.00 inclusive of courier charge.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Evoace, they are still available at all Ace Hardware outlets. For some outlets, we have replenished the stocks. They are all on the long shelves.Look for them among the many brands of polishes. Featherlite is a real gem and will not disappoint.No bluff here.

evoace

Known Member
Jul 21, 2006
Evoace, they are still available at all Ace Hardware outlets. For some outlets, we have replenished the stocks. They are all on the long shelves.Look for them among the many brands of polishes. Featherlite is a real gem and will not disappoint.No bluff here.
I have bot yr products before but shampoo finished liao, last time I went to Acehardware Mid Valley, all sold out la.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
We just checked with Ace in Mid-Valley. Yes, they do have stocks of the FEATHERLITE Car Wash.This is good news, evoace.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

when life begins ...its so beautiful....a new relationship...a new blossom....out of which ...a new life birth forth
children indeed are gift from above

then we would be planning to buy a new house, new ride...

brand new ride

brand new ........hologram too...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience