FD 4.785 Questions..!!!!

toya_flywheel

Oct 25, 2007
to all Otai2 outside there..i hv a fews question..hopefully u all guys can gv me the best answer..tq

civic A > B16A + PnP + type R camshaft (complete wif type R valve & spring)
civic B > B16A + PnP + gearbox b18cR wif FD 4.785
civic C > B16A + PnP + type R piston

which one is better for 400 meter.??? can B tapau A & C..?..tq..im still new..hope i can hv positive answer..tq..tq..tq..

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
That is vague question.. depends on the torque the engine makes and how much rpm it can pull.

If one of those B16As can somehow make more torque (at wheel) at 6-8K than others at 7-9K rpm with 4.785, it can be an upset.

But B16A will feel lighter with a gearbox with 4.785 for sure.

Last edited:

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
agree with shiro, but i would guess either A or B. It also depend on the launch skill, traction etc....

budin99

Known Member
Mar 19, 2006
waaa....inchey toya_flywheel..demmm serious you aaa..until here looking for 4.785 info keh keh keh....

Those "A" car sudah siap ka? ready for charity run?

and those "C" need insurans wooo ekekke

eddie_vtec

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2005
aiyo...very hard to know...
if by rpm n kmh..how to check?noob here....

Last edited:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Wanted to attach my excel file for gearing calculation... but post do not accept excel file.... so you can only see in word but cannot use lor....

If you know the gear and rpm and speed, can guess if the car has changed the FD...

If the gear box on the floor , can put into 1,2,3,4 gear and turn the clutch turns versus 1 complete drive shaft turn...

Just my 2 cents...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Hehe.. Mine is no where so complex as gearcalc, but shows most of the information required.. this is the revised edition since the last one I posted last year. A few additions since then.

You need to know how to interpret the chart though, but I guess most can guess after they play with it a while.

I think E-tech will find it very fun to play with. Nice work with yours, but speed loss from playing with gears not apparent there, nor does how shifting one ratio affects the next gear.

So far, I've done up to getting estimations of rev drop per shift, tire expansion correction (I am still trying to make a fully scaling tire expansion correction, but currently no way to measure them in real life yet.)

XLS in zip file. This is actually a portion of the complete worksheet.

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear all sifus,..i need your brilliant opinion regarding RB20DET engine performance vs SR20DET .How about also in term of maintenance & easily to get parts. Mine is RB20DET manual in A31 body...6 cylinders rev sound little bit smoother than 4 cylinders..SR20DET sound is very "syiok" laa man..Is it true 6 cylinders engine is more hotter than 4 cylinders? Pls Help me...:emoticon_U:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience