Exhaust question ~

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just replace the rear muffler with a straight flow unit.....the problem is it sound quite nice and bassy when at idle to mid rev range.....but once the engine run to high rev range the engine sound more loud then the exhaust sound....does removing the centre bullet can help this,what about the performance?

fyi,the ride is a Kenari with 1.8 inch piping,cylinder centre bullet and straight through rear muffler with a L9 Turbo engine coupled with a TD04 turbine ~

Thanks for any info ~ =)

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
1.8 inch aaa? why not go all the way to 2 inch? maybe your exhaust is stuffed at higher rpms? which no good for a turbo your size hehe

rather than use a center bullet (cylinder thingie wif some sound-muffling packaging), better use resonator (same as bullet but w/o said packaging, just a hollow pipe with a bit enlarge body)... how to differentiate between the 2? if you 'jentik' the bullet, it produce no sound... but for resonator it gave a loud 'TING' sound

for example my exhaust setup for wee original RHF3 turbo in a L5 engine.. its an original FGK Power Getter unit originally for Mira L5 4cyl turbo.. description is in the pic

From cat converter (no money to do custom downpipe yet huhuhu) to mid muffler

From mid muffler to tip... you can see the resonator near the tip

The sound? at idle it sounded like this (if inside car, you felt the engine is louder hehe)
‪My exhaust sounds after converting to FGK single pipe version‬‏ - YouTube

after 4k rpm it progessively louder and louder... but still bassy and it won't resonate inside the car, rather the bassy loudness heard as if it was a few meter away at the back of the car at high rpm

so by logic, if you go 2inch all the way + 1 resonator + biggest 2inch muffler you can fit = nice burbly, bassy and progressively louder zorst setup

or... you can consult one of zth thread that discuss such topic here http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-modification/128441-exhaust-modification-corner.html.. the thread starter also owns a exhust business hehe

Just replace the rear muffler with a straight flow unit.....the problem is it sound quite nice and bassy when at idle to mid rev range.....but once the engine run to high rev range the engine sound more loud then the exhaust sound....does removing the centre bullet can help this,what about the performance?

fyi,the ride is a Kenari with 1.8 inch piping,cylinder centre bullet and straight through rear muffler with a L9 Turbo engine coupled with a TD04 turbine ~

Thanks for any info ~ =)

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Today removed the Silencer ~ when idling it jst like the Subaru Impreza Boxer ~ Sweet :love:

Where can custom a downpipe ar?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Today removed the Silencer ~ when idling it jst like the Subaru Impreza Boxer ~ Sweet :love:

Where can custom a downpipe ar?
i wrote downpipe? i meant dump pipe hehe

you're using td04, surely use custome dump pipe maa...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:confused:Anyone knows any battery shop that sells YOKOHAMA car battery kindly reply here.

Through years of observations I find YOKOHAMA battery is THE most reliable brand in terms of lifespan, troublefree and performance usage...

So I'm planning to buy one maintainance free YOKOHAMA battery for standby as my CIPPLAK brand
which now I am using showing signs of weakness, when I start the car in the morning...

I had to buy this CIPPLAK brand because I had no choice as I was stalled...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience