exhaust problem~~

rayracer

Nov 11, 2004
CHERAS,TMN CONNAUGHT
NIL
halo guys,i wanna asking about the extractor (exhaust manifold)

i driving a satria 1.3 card,some people say a aftermarket performance extractor a part from 4-1 that piping,normal short is more better aftermarket long 1,cos gas run out to a point when 4 - 1 fast back pressure,aftermarket too long,back pressure to low respon.

which 1 right? izzit really truth just dun touch 4-1 part,just from 4 to 1 piping there weld it long more,got effect woh!!

if i wanna follow a size long normal 4-1 there custom in 4-2 follow by 1 (actually full is 4-2-1) to aftermarket performance type or stainless steel

where got do it? how much cost it? in batu caves JIAN HANG got do?

thanks and sharing it:_:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
since u know where is Jian Hang, y dun u go there n ask the boss better?

u can customize watever u wan, no matter extractor or rear muffler.....as long as u got the money:_:

and i dun really catch ur meaning in here..:emoticon_U:

WhiteSpoonCivic

Tree Hugger
Aug 25, 2005
KL
ur best bet will be 4-1 for 'pick-up'.. u will lose on top speed due to the lack of back pressure...

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
WhiteSpoonCivic said:
ur best bet will be 4-1 for 'pick-up'.. u will lose on top speed due to the lack of back pressure...
i thought 4-2-1 for pick up? 4-1 top speed?

WhiteSpoonCivic

Tree Hugger
Aug 25, 2005
KL
the more backpressure ur exhaust system generates, the more top speed u'll get

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
WhiteSpoonCivic said:
the more backpressure ur exhaust system generates, the more top speed u'll get
how come from what i heard is totally opposite?

WhiteSpoonCivic

Tree Hugger
Aug 25, 2005
KL
oops.. sorry... my bad.. i got the flow numbers wrong..

This 4-2-1 type exhaust manifold has an advantage that the flow of the exhaust gas is more efficient compared with the 4-1 type exhaust manifold. However, in this exhaust manifold, because the first runner and the fourth runner face toward each other, if the length of the first and fourth runners is too short, an exhaust gas interference cannot be avoided in accordance with the igniting sequence (first cylinder.fwdarw.third cylinder.fwdarw.fourth cylinder.fwdarw.second cylinder). As with the 4-1 type exhaust manifold, the spacing between the runners is narrow where they join the confluence part, again resulting in thermal stress cracks.
so the 4-1 actually creates more backpressure and the 4-2-1 generates less.. sorry..

Last edited:

WhiteSpoonCivic

Tree Hugger
Aug 25, 2005
KL
this is what i found out...

4-2-1 are for street use. coz they kick in at low rpm's. plus it's best for cars below 1600cc displacement.

4-1 are for race. they kick in at 3000 rpm onwards. best for cars w/ 1600cc displacement and above.

Last edited:

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
yup, thats right. i.e. 4-2-1 for better pick up (less than 3k rpm) need more back pressure, whereas, 4-1 better top speed because of free flow.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The argument has probably been around longer than the world’s oldest profession but just like said profession, and cockroaches, it just won’t go away. The car versus motorcycle debate will never come to an end but that’s a good thing for us, because there’ll be a continuous flow of fodder to put up and debate over.

This time around, the folks from Hell for Leather have lined up the 2011 Aprilia RSV4 Factory...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience