exhaust piping 2.5 inch or 3inch

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
Hi Yung,

Welcome to our new Airtrek Club.
Better in terms of what? it depends on what U want; silence, comfort, fuel economy, power, louder exhaust note, looks, etc.

I presume U intend to change the rear muffler as well, since U're asking this question...heheee.

U can check with bro kaninbu, he is looking for someone to trade/buy a stock muffler.
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...uying-or-trade-ori-airtrek-turbo-muffler.html

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
If you're planning mild modification like exhaust, filter, intercooler and increased boost only, then 2.5" is the best. It still retains the low end torque as well as preserve city-drivability.

If you're going for more serious mod like 2.2L stroker, big turbo, high-cams, higher fuel inject etc etc to reach the 'above 350hp' mark.. then 3" will be good for you. Usually at this point, the trek is no longer auto.

yung

2,000 RPM
Aug 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If you're planning mild modification like exhaust, filter, intercooler and increased boost only, then 2.5" is the best. It still retains the low end torque as well as preserve city-drivability.

If you're going for more serious mod like 2.2L stroker, big turbo, high-cams, higher fuel inject etc etc to reach the 'above 350hp' mark.. then 3" will be good for you. Usually at this point, the trek is no longer auto.
If I only change cam kelford , independent ignition coil means direct coil that each cylinder have 1 coil,Walbro, regulator lighten crank pulley , what is the diameter is suitable ???
Plz help I think this about 2 mont Ady ...hahaha

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I guess it'll be good to retain at 2.5" based on your mods. What are the cam degrees? If you're going above 27x, does that means u will have plans for hardcore mods in future?

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
change higher cam need proper tuning.if not u lose alot low end torque.sluggish at low speed.
airtrek ori piping is 2.5inch.if u change ur cam to higher degree,u need better air flow/exhaust system.2.8 is a must.
msd ignition?confirm going 300whp lo.no point changing if mild mod.ori is very sufficient.
nonit stroker kit also nevermind.
wif ur current upgrade,u r goin 280whp boosting 1.5bar with additional higher cc injector,bigger turbo,fmic

yung

2,000 RPM
Aug 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
change higher cam need proper tuning.if not u lose alot low end torque.sluggish at low speed.
airtrek ori piping is 2.5inch.if u change ur cam to higher degree,u need better air flow/exhaust system.2.8 is a must.
msd ignition?confirm going 300whp lo.no point changing if mild mod.ori is very sufficient.
nonit stroker kit also nevermind.
wif ur current upgrade,u r goin 280whp boosting 1.5bar with additional higher cc injector,bigger turbo,fmic
thx for the info....i am using the brand car speed ignition coil have 4 coil ady.u can search at google also about the car speed brand...that mean 2.8 inch is the most suitbale on my mod???

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
if change additional higher cc injector,bigger turbo,fmic then u need 2.8inch..if not 2.5 for temp being.ur upgrade gantung 1/2 way.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Evo Editorial Director Harry Metcalfe owns a regular Zonda. So maybe that's what he was able to score an invite to the Pagani factory and talk a South American zillionaire into letting him flog his Zonda 760 RS--before he's even seen it. Personally, I don't care what Metcalfe did to get this footage. Because he got it. And it rules.
The Zonda 760 RS is essentially a road-legal version of the Zonda R with extra 20bhp, and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience