.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

alamdamai1

Known Member
Mar 4, 2008
:hmmmm: After reading a lot of postings in other automotive forums, could i ask how do we resolve 2 problems that a car owner will encounter when he changed his stock extractor to a tuned performance 4-2-1 type :-

1. Omission of Heat Shield - Without the shield, my existing carbie car stock CAI will not be able to draw in hot air during the regular morning start-up and normal cruising. I noticed this would worsen the FC as i had previously experienced before in forgetting to connect the vacuum hose connected to the CAI flap that draws in hot air from the heat shield. Upon realising why my fuel meter needle begun to drop faster then usual, then only i realise the vacuum hose had been disconnected when i service my plugs.

Radiated & convected heat from the exposed upgraded extractor will also be no longer buffered by the heat shield. Would this effect the cooling efficiency of our radiator and causing our engine to run hotter and thereby lowering FC again?

A proposal by a member to heat wrap the extractor was not recommended as it would elevate the operation temp. of the extractor and thereby increased its risk of failure.

2. Increased in Sound - With stock or even with replacement midbox and muffler, members have experienced an increase in sound emission, hence how can we reduce the louder sound to the same original emission level before we replace the extractor?

Really appreciate it if all the sifus in this forum could assist this noobie here on how to resolve my both concerns as i'm very keen to upgrade my stock extractor but hopefully would not cause another problem later..:adore:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hi folks, recently has changed my car's exhaust system. I'm running on 1.6 cc auto tranny so i only enlarge my piping size to 1.7". Is this a right size ?? I installed aftermarket centre muffler and add on one bullet then finally the muffler. My muffler cause a loud noise when rev is at 3.3k ro 4.4k, can i get a muffler that reduces the noise to the minimal level ?? By the way i am now using an S-Flow muffler. The muffler should be look like the one that Wai Heng exhaust is selling but i didn't do my mods there. Not neccessery sound like stock but preferably close to stock. Experts in these issue are really much appreciated for helping. :biggrin:

Kweng84 san, where's your shop ? Would like to pay u a visit while hunting down my muffler.

Last edited:

bfb515

May 4, 2008
kweng have many shop la

kl
setapak
puchong
sunway
damansara
many branch

kweng!!!
after change to 2' bullet n muffler...without full piping...
feel like lost power la...
pasang extractor oredi(PZ)
power naek
but still sikit kureng la
haha
how to regain power that have losted due to bullet n muffler???

joexxo

Sep 10, 2005
cheras
hi all sifu(s)

i've bought a custom made muffler in kulai johor. inlet pipe 2" seperated inside the muffler to 2 outlet of 1" each. i'm imagining to put this muffler right after the oval shape midbox and the pipings straight out until the rear axle and bend to the left and right behind the rear wheel. do this will effect the performance?

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
kweng84!!need ur opinion bro...i jjust change to s-flow muffler from stock in sunway abt 4months ago n i lost at least 10hp!!siao!!d diff is damn alot...nw i regret cahnging it coz wif my stock exhaust can feel d big diff after i mod my ignition system...it was damn smooth b4 i change but nw like shit...pick up suffer a lot...how?!!?d rest of d exhaust system is stock...only muffler change n my car is auto...my fren's mechanic rekomen to change d centre bullet n remove sum 'stuff'(cannot remember wat was that) frm d extractor in order to 'reclaim' bk d lost hp....wat u think??i damn regret changing it....haih.....

Last edited:

skccks

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
yesterday i just went to kweng shop to install center bullet and rear s flow exhaust. my car is peugeot 206 1400cc auto. now the problem i facing is after i change the exhaust, when i drive down hill and press brake the exhaust will create ' BOOM BOOM ' SOUND VERY VERY LOUD........then i call to that shop to ask what is the problem, the answer is i have to retune my oxygen & fuel ratio.......is it true? any one here can help me?

thk you!

skccks

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
did went back to the shop to check. they told me that this is the first time they facing this kind of problem and they try to add 1 more center bullet and ask me to try! the frequent & loudnedd has reduce.......but still cant settle the problem.......how ? any sifu advice???????

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hey there , am driving a Nissan Sentra 1.6 2006 spec ... I modded my exhaust system from head to mid ... My setup is 4-2-1 extractor---> Mid Muffler ----> Bullet ----> Stock Muffler . Piping follow original route and 1.6" size (stock diameter i think). Is my stock muffler going to kill a bit on my performance ??

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
:hmmmm: After reading a lot of postings in other automotive forums, could i ask how do we resolve 2 problems that a car owner will encounter when he changed his stock extractor to a tuned performance 4-2-1 type :-

1. Omission of Heat Shield - Without the shield, my existing carbie car stock CAI will not be able to draw in hot air during the regular morning start-up and normal cruising. I noticed this would worsen the FC as i had previously experienced before in forgetting to connect the vacuum hose connected to the CAI flap that draws in hot air from the heat shield. Upon realising why my fuel meter needle begun to drop faster then usual, then only i realise the vacuum hose had been disconnected when i service my plugs.

Radiated & convected heat from the exposed upgraded extractor will also be no longer buffered by the heat shield. Would this effect the cooling efficiency of our radiator and causing our engine to run hotter and thereby lowering FC again?

A proposal by a member to heat wrap the extractor was not recommended as it would elevate the operation temp. of the extractor and thereby increased its risk of failure.

2. Increased in Sound - With stock or even with replacement midbox and muffler, members have experienced an increase in sound emission, hence how can we reduce the louder sound to the same original emission level before we replace the extractor?

Really appreciate it if all the sifus in this forum could assist this noobie here on how to resolve my both concerns as i'm very keen to upgrade my stock extractor but hopefully would not cause another problem later..:adore:
IMO the stock is the best for daily use car, traveling more than 90km aday & going through hot weather traffic jam. but can play with muffler & piping. But what kind of muffler will generate deep sound & not loudness? anyone knows?

chunhau78

Jul 9, 2006
What is the different between 4-2-1 extractor from Powerzone and R3? all stainless steel. what wat about those exhaust shop normal type ( steel, will karat type)? big different in term of price leh? Think to fit my 2004 Waja, auto, with new exhaust system this month.

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Extractors are different with each other in terms of brands due to length tuning of the extractor to optimize the power for specific car. It gives mainly bigger difference in powerband optimization (meaning which rpm will it has the highest peak of hp)..Mind me if i give wrong info.

U can sms me thanks!

myazh73

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
bro kweng..

current i using EK-4 A/T B16A (JDM),,extractor 4-1 bullet and piping 2''.

wat the best piping @exsoz system

tq..

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Bro, wrong thread. UGPM!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Made the following mods on my ATR....

- Apexi N1 Evolution exhaust (gives a nice rumble).
- Defi boost gauge
- SARD fuel regulator

This coming Saturday, I will be installing the Blitz i-color boost controller.

Ok, having installed the N1 I believe I have lost a bit of low end making city driving a bit more difficult as I have lost some back pressure which the auto does not seem to like....I'm hoping the boost controller will help with this as it will allow me to set boost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience