.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Guys I have a question to ask. My car is a 1.3 Nissan, using carby and automatic gearbox. What type of muffler is suitable to replace the stock muffler? And is it ok to remove the center silencer? Thanks in advance. :driver:

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Guys I have a question to ask. My car is a 1.3 Nissan, using carby and automatic gearbox. What type of muffler is suitable to replace the stock muffler? And is it ok to remove the center silencer? Thanks in advance. :driver:
For better Fuel Consumption and if you're hunger for power sometimes, go for S-FLOW (japan designed ones). Change your piping, do your center system (suit to your sound acceptance). Extractor of course is important as well.

mot88

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005

l200turbo

Known Member
Jun 2, 2008
after reading the post,most of them chat about na cars,how bout turbo cars??

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
all sifus, need help here..my fren wanted to change his piping ..he's using 4g93p..currently using 2inch piping...is
i) 2.3inch diameter suitable for that engine(147whp)?,
ii) is stainless steel 304 with 1mm or 1.2mm thickness suitable?
iii) what type of 304,is it 304L or 304H or 304 only?

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
just my opinion, from my experience
car: corolla SEG
engine: 1.6 4AGE 20v
engines setup: STOCK,
i have tested 3 types of piping size

1)2inch/2.2inch (custom made piping + HKS hiper dragger muffler n center bullet)
Acceleration and midrange optimum, top speed 180km/h, slow top speed climb

2)2.35inch (Full Trust exhaust system- straight flow muffler with centre bullet)
Balanced at midrange and top end, sacrifce low rpm a bit, top speed 215km/h

3)2.5 inch (custom made piping + HKS hiper dragger muffler n center bullet)
poor low end and midrange, superb top end, top speed 230km/h,

in my opinion, most 1.6 japan tuner stick with 2.35inch piping for NA cars or light tuned engines for overall performance in all rev points, balanced.

you can try google for other exhaust piping size for all type of NA 1.6 engines, most tuners/ manufacturer stick with 2.35inch

i changed exhaust 6 times. and 2.35inch is the best in my opinion. just be sure ot mate it right with the right bullet and muffler.

If face some difficulties to get 2.35inch, if u interested to get it installed that is, just go to the chop shop and buy the piping of other car, just make sure you memorize your exhaust route, most of my friends do this, we get our pipings at RM 100~200... pipes only enuff for complete car piping

Last edited:

eko

Known Member
Feb 22, 2008
hi peoples, how come my exhaust got 'burn' or scorch smell?

eko

Known Member
Feb 22, 2008
I'm a noob in the car-modding...my question,

1. Wut is the best exhaust for auto car?
2. With or without centre box?
3. Does changing the car's exhaust, improve the cars performance?
u planning to change from extactor to muffler? or just muffler only?

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Can any sifu help me here with my mira L5 turbo. I thinking of getting out my centre box out does it effect the performance or not. My system is with centre box, bullet (those blue colour round one) and end box kakimotor. I don know my explaination clear enough or not.

Oct 16, 2008
i wan ask i wan change my pipe big abit but dun wan de sound like boom boom veli noisy gt any pipe

fools

Known Member
Apr 25, 2007
hey guys.
i want to ask, what type of exhause suitable for Perdana V6 with better performance ?
do i have to change extractor as well?
tq:smokin:

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
if me, i would never change my exhaust if im using perdana. but if u insist, just make new piping for it with better flow, but remain s-flow muffler dont go straight flow muffler. the catalyzer no need to change la, it will reduce the exhaust sound for comfort factor and won't pollute the air. hehehe. about the size, maintain the original size or slightly bigger.

fools

Known Member
Apr 25, 2007
huhu really?
yeah but i wanna try something new.
maybe a bigger exhaust.
but then the standard exhaust also looks cool.
huhu see how, need some opinion only.
thanks

Last edited:

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
i mean slightly bigger piping, or maintain the original size. the muffler its all depends on you, but make sure inlet muffler pipe must suit with your piping size, and dont forget to put middle/center box back or new one to reduce your exhaust sound

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

From a necessity, the internet has evolved into one of the most important communications medium of today. And with such importance stands today, Malaysia’s first national automotive maker Proton had announced their collaborative move with one of the most advanced 4G networks in the world, Yes, in producing Malaysia’s first 4G internet cars. This new feature will be as a standard, starting from the upcoming new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience