kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
i hav queries for exhaust pro answer me o comment me

i'm driving a satria neo 1.6 auto
recently i juz changed my exhaust system
4-2-1 extractor, 2 stainless steel mid box, HKS super drager 2'' inlet/4" outlet semi S-flow
piping wif 1.7"
but i stil not satisfy wif the power
the 4-2-1 is connected like "1" & "4", then "2" & "3" (if u get what i mean)
what if i switch the piping of extractor to "1" & "3" , then "2" & "4"?
can i do it this way to gain more power?

appreciate for experts' replies:wavey:
thanx

Bump: i hav queries for exhaust pro answer me o comment me

i'm driving a satria neo 1.6 auto
recently i juz changed my exhaust system
4-2-1 extractor, 2 stainless steel mid box, HKS super drager 2'' inlet/4" outlet semi S-flow
piping wif 1.7"
but i stil not satisfy wif the power
the 4-2-1 is connected like "1" & "4", then "2" & "3" (if u get what i mean)
what if i switch the piping of extractor to "1" & "3" , then "2" & "4"?
can i do it this way to gain more power?

appreciate for experts' replies:wavey:
thanx
Hi bro, im not sure if my opinion is expert or not, but i'll try.

Refer to this MYVI 4-2-1 (S.Steel):

U can see that 4-1,2-3 design is most common. Manifold pipes sized 1.6". So, extractor is not really the root cause of power loss. Well, I will not say power loss the right word, as i can see that your setup is okay BUT power will be much felt at higher rpm about 5k-6krpm (FC is affected :) ). HKS SUPER DRAGER Semi S-FLOW?? Provide me a picture. Semi S-Flow like MUGEN TWIN LOOP style? If yes, then fully understand that you wanted back your pick up power. AUTO tranny has problem with keeping the right pressure.

First, Get a good S-FLOW muffler. AFAIK, 3 pipes designed inside of the SFLOW is the best to keep delta-pressure (pick up power retained). Another point i felt that needs to be improved is the center box. Is that straight flow? Any filters? U need filter to keep pressure for pick up. Piping size, if 1.7" diameter, alright for low end torque purpose..i would say JUST NICE!

Anymore hesitations, call me then.

Thanks & Best Regards,
K.Weng

MSN: [email protected]

JeN1707

Known Member
Feb 12, 2009
driving Wira 1.3 M sedan now..T
hinking of changing my exhaust..
any good suggestions for me ??
currently using fully original exhaust..
I'm on low budget..
Any nice n cheap stuff for me ??
BUMP !!

Bump: driving Wira 1.3 M sedan now..T
hinking of changing my exhaust..
any good suggestions for me ??
currently using fully original exhaust..
I'm on low budget..
Any nice n cheap stuff for me ??
BUMP !!

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
Hi bro, im not sure if my opinion is expert or not, but i'll try.

Refer to this MYVI 4-2-1 (S.Steel):

U can see that 4-1,2-3 design is most common. Manifold pipes sized 1.6". So, extractor is not really the root cause of power loss. Well, I will not say power loss the right word, as i can see that your setup is okay BUT power will be much felt at higher rpm about 5k-6krpm (FC is affected :) ). HKS SUPER DRAGER Semi S-FLOW?? Provide me a picture. Semi S-Flow like MUGEN TWIN LOOP style? If yes, then fully understand that you wanted back your pick up power. AUTO tranny has problem with keeping the right pressure.

First, Get a good S-FLOW muffler. AFAIK, 3 pipes designed inside of the SFLOW is the best to keep delta-pressure (pick up power retained). Another point i felt that needs to be improved is the center box. Is that straight flow? Any filters? U need filter to keep pressure for pick up. Piping size, if 1.7" diameter, alright for low end torque purpose..i would say JUST NICE!

Anymore hesitations, call me then.

Thanks & Best Regards,
K.Weng

MSN: [email protected]
http://203.223.133.166/images/74/7493714590.jpg
this is the exhaust i'm using now
any comment?
inside not straight flow n got sth "block" in the center, so i think this is S flow rite?

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
http://203.223.133.166/images/74/7493714590.jpg
this is the exhaust i'm using now
any comment?
inside not straight flow n got sth "block" in the center, so i think this is S flow rite?
Not S-Flow. AFAIK, HKS SUPER DRAGER isn't s-flow at all. The design goes like this becoz it is meant to create bassy sound. Besides, it is too big for your car. What is the inlet size? 2.5"? I saw the outlet of the muffler is roughly 2.5" (i dont mean the tailpipe). So, basically your car losing pressure. Time for you to get a proper s-flow model muffler bro and center box (make sure u have extra filter inside). That's my 2 cents.

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
these r my pics for exhaust

inlet 2" outlet 4"

Bump: these r my pics for exhaust

inlet 2" outlet 4"

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Bro, where u bought it? Is that original? Sorry becoz' the last picture's welding isn't Ti-G coz' as i know japanese muffler's welding isn't like that. Nvm bro, i suggest you come my shop and let me see clearer when you free. Anytime. Call me. K.Weng 0125629713

Bump: Bro, where u bought it? Is that original? Sorry becoz' the last picture's welding isn't Ti-G coz' as i know japanese muffler's welding isn't like that. Nvm bro, i suggest you come my shop and let me see clearer when you free. Anytime. Call me. K.Weng 0125629713

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
Bro, where u bought it? Is that original? Sorry becoz' the last picture's welding isn't Ti-G coz' as i know japanese muffler's welding isn't like that. Nvm bro, i suggest you come my shop and let me see clearer when you free. Anytime. Call me. K.Weng 0125629713

Bump: Bro, where u bought it? Is that original? Sorry becoz' the last picture's welding isn't Ti-G coz' as i know japanese muffler's welding isn't like that. Nvm bro, i suggest you come my shop and let me see clearer when you free. Anytime. Call me. K.Weng 0125629713
True true....the welding on that one is no where near the Japs standard welding..... I hope you did not get conned.

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
what type of exhaust is suitable for my wira 1.8EXi auto?currently using original exhaust system...
Hi bro, WIRA 1.8 Auto. Let me get some info first.

Where you usually drive in? City or Highway?
Which one is your main concern... FC?POWER?SOUND?
Lastly, the way u drive the car... u like to go high revving (more than 4k-5k often?)

Sorry to ask u so many things... I just wanna know why u wanna modify exhaust before i can give my humble suggestion to u.. :)

ham_m2

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com
Hi bro, WIRA 1.8 Auto. Let me get some info first.

Where you usually drive in? City or Highway?
Which one is your main concern... FC?POWER?SOUND?
Lastly, the way u drive the car... u like to go high revving (more than 4k-5k often?)

Sorry to ask u so many things... I just wanna know why u wanna modify exhaust before i can give my humble suggestion to u.. :)
mmmhhh...i usually drive in city n a bit of highway...
im concern bout the FC and Sound...sound like the Satria R3
i dont really like high revving...jus mainly bout 3-4k...sumtimes only about 5-6k...
so what u suggest?

Last edited:

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
If sound and FC are ur concern, I recommend Straight flow muffler with filtered center box replacing ur center system. Another setup, straight flow center box with sport sflow (japanese route design..3 pipes). My 2 cents.

Bump: If sound and FC are ur concern, I recommend Straight flow muffler with filtered center box replacing ur center system. Another setup, straight flow center box with sport sflow (japanese route design..3 pipes). My 2 cents.

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Sorry bro, i don't wanna include any commercial content here as it is against the rules. I've pm you. Thanks.

Feb 25, 2009
hey guys...i am new here....i am having a Levin black top with 185hp...so i am here to ask what is the best piping and muffler will be suitable....

veelon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
Hi kweng84,need some advice from u;
i owned a AE92 wif 4Age 16v Redtop Auto,engine stock,need modified my exhaust system.
Prefer quiet one,can improve pick-up(abit power la)....
wat is the best piping Size and wat type of muffler will be suitable 4?
can pm me ur shop location(KL area)?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there,

i planto do widebody for my wira. Finding for a custom bodykit shop that can do the wide body according to my request. Can anyone advice any shop that i can do so with reasonable price with good service? thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience