.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

GuyM

Known Member
Sep 15, 2008
Kweng,

My ride is Lancer GT with Hotbit extractor, decat with 2 resonator & stock S-Flow muffler. My mid pipe has been upgraded from extractor all the way till muffler from 2" to 2.2". My top end has suffered slightly and i'm wondering if i change the mid pipe from the 2nd resonator onwards back to 2" and connect to the muffler which is also 2".

Will this affect my low and mid end?

Bump: Kweng,

My ride is Lancer GT with Hotbit extractor, decat with 2 resonator & stock S-Flow muffler. My mid pipe has been upgraded from extractor all the way till muffler from 2" to 2.2". My top end has suffered slightly and i'm wondering if i change the mid pipe from the 2nd resonator onwards back to 2" and connect to the muffler which is also 2".

Will this affect my low and mid end?

r0yEE

1,500 RPM
Dec 4, 2008
i just hooked up a C20 engine in my Datsun 120Y GX. do i need to change my piping??

Bump: i just hooked up a C20 engine in my Datsun 120Y GX. do i need to change my piping??
now using stock 1.2

Bump: i just hooked up a C20 engine in my Datsun 120Y GX. do i need to change my piping??
now using stock 1.2 pipes..

heng84

May 1, 2004
my friend have installed his exhaust system into his satria neo, extractor changed to 4-2-1 , midbox replaced with bullet and replace the rear exhaust, how come got metal or pecah sound still?? what are the solutions?? can add another bullet to eliminate the pecah sound?? oh ya his setup is the most silent setup.. but still can listen the metal sound around 3k rpm.
now im thinking twice whether to change or not.

also what is the difference between mid box and bullet??

Last edited:

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
hey guys...i am new here....i am having a Levin black top with 185hp...so i am here to ask what is the best piping and muffler will be suitable....
For manual, 2.2"-2.3" piping with straight flow muffler (sflow not so nice for 4age 20v manual). Just make sure u get good stuff to get nicer vroOOoomm....

For auto, 2.2" good enough..muffler type, s-flow if u still wanna retain pick up from stand still else, u can go for straight flow setup also. My 2 cents :D

bongek

Known Member
Jan 19, 2007
superbest seller and profesional worker... i have change my full system exhaust so my car very ringan and more pickup and top... thanks kweng for ur suggestion.. ;)

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
wow, wat a long thread wif lots of info....

i hav a question here, i'm using 4g91 for my wira with some minor mods (pnp)...
using putra 4-2-1 ex manifold, piping 2" with built in bullet (marco) till fuel tank, then 2.1" under fuel tank till the end with a "not so straight flow" muffler....

i'm planning to put a bullet (replace the old one) then throttle body at my exhaust piping (after bullet), then piping follow the same n change to a S-flow box muffler (wan a quiet ride)....
wat can i expect from this set-up (when open the throttle body, low or top increase?; and when close the throttle body, low or top increase?)???

thanks in advace.

rails

Known Member
Jan 8, 2005
Does anyone know where to go to get an exhaust done? My toyota still has its stock exhaust after 10 years and its time to get it replaced. I don't want the loud high pitch noise with a 5 inch tube dangling from the bottom just something respectable for fast road use with stock look.

Any shops to recommend?

Bump: Does anyone know where to go to get an exhaust done? My toyota still has its stock exhaust after 10 years and its time to get it replaced. I don't want the loud high pitch noise with a 5 inch tube dangling from the bottom just something respectable for fast road use with stock look.

Any shops to recommend?

bikerz

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
mr Kweng, mine is celica auto. What do u suggest to mod my exhaust? i juz wan better response and pick-up, usually drive in city. sound i dont really mind, i dont like too loud, juz a bit noisier from stock also ok

powerpuff6

Jan 9, 2009
Kweng, I would like to hear from your recommendation on 1.6 xli wira Manual.
What exhaust would be the best? Im going for ( pick up better than b4 and More in Top speed )
Secondly, is your shop located at sunway the corner 1 ?

alvin2002_my

Known Member
Oct 17, 2006
bad quality from wai heng
my friend change it last month, just after 1month become like this...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/skyphotoshops/SKY030.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/skyphotoshops/SKY040.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/skyphotoshops/SKY002.jpg

after that, my friend went to the HQ at puchong, claim for below but still have to pay extra RM100

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/skyphotoshops/IMG_1543.jpg

2nd day become yellowish already..was told by their ppl that this muffler won't be yellowish and it's good quality but end up on 2nd day become yellowish already.

http://www.clubsagaiswara.com/viewthread.php?tid=3822&extra=page=1&page=1

full story as per above.

Bump: bad quality from wai heng
my friend change it last month, just after 1month become like this...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/skyphotoshops/SKY030.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/skyphotoshops/SKY040.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/skyphotoshops/SKY002.jpg

after that, my friend went to the HQ at puchong, claim for below but still have to pay extra RM100

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/skyphotoshops/IMG_1543.jpg

2nd day become yellowish already..was told by their ppl that this muffler won't be yellowish and it's good quality but end up on 2nd day become yellowish already.

http://www.clubsagaiswara.com/viewthread.php?tid=3822&extra=page%3D1&page=1

full story as per above.

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
i just hooked up a C20 engine in my Datsun 120Y GX. do i need to change my piping??

now using stock 1.2

now using stock 1.2 pipes..
anything for my ride man?
1.5 piping?
OOo... 2.0 liter engine?

You can go 2" piping already. Depends on your mod, if manual, even can go for 2.2" piping. Mind tell me more about your spec?

Bump:
wow, wat a long thread wif lots of info....

i hav a question here, i'm using 4g91 for my wira with some minor mods (pnp)...
using putra 4-2-1 ex manifold, piping 2" with built in bullet (marco) till fuel tank, then 2.1" under fuel tank till the end with a "not so straight flow" muffler....

i'm planning to put a bullet (replace the old one) then throttle body at my exhaust piping (after bullet), then piping follow the same n change to a S-flow box muffler (wan a quiet ride)....
wat can i expect from this set-up (when open the throttle body, low or top increase?; and when close the throttle body, low or top increase?)???

thanks in advace.
Not so straight flow muffler????

OOO.. you using EXHAUST VALVE CONTROLLER (EVC) bypass throttle body for better dragging power?? Well, if manual tranny, torque is better but might lose top speed unless you close the throttle body. For manual, s-flow muffler and straight flow setup, pick up will be okay but top speed will be nicer. Hope I answer your question. :)

Bump:
mr Kweng, mine is celica auto. What do u suggest to mod my exhaust? i juz wan better response and pick-up, usually drive in city. sound i dont really mind, i dont like too loud, juz a bit noisier from stock also ok
Like i did recently, 2.2"-2.3" piping with 2.5" s-flow muffler and 2.5" center box. Quiet and bassy when high rev. If louder, u can use straight flow muffler but it will be better response but pick up not so great. Stock engine rite?

Manual can use 2.5" piping :)

Bump:
What exhaust would be the best? Im going for ( pick up better than b4 and More in Top speed )
1.6 Wira Manual i recommend the straight setup which gives a little bass and I suggest the ovul shaped muffler (straight flow), not so loud sound. Center box should go straight for manual (swirling bullet will just restrict ur power response). Piping size should go 1.7". My 2 cents.

Bump:
1.6 Wira Manual i recommend the straight setup which gives a little bass and I suggest the ovul shaped muffler (straight flow), not so loud sound. Center box should go straight for manual (swirling bullet will just restrict ur power response). Piping size should go 1.7". My 2 cents.

r0yEE

1,500 RPM
Dec 4, 2008
kweng my man, at last you replied and you know what's a c20..:biggrin:

aitez, yes it is a manual, nothing much about my spec actually, tuned up to high performance and drifting. currently 4 gears but changgin to 5 gears, still looking for the gearbox.
do you have any contacts regarding gearbox??:rolleyes: do let me know if you have.. what do you want to know more bout my ride? just ask me cause it's rather a simple ride.. well, for me..:driver:

2" or 2.2", whichever that make it powerful.. i want power, sound is nothin..

alvin2002_my

Known Member
Oct 17, 2006
pls comment on my friend case.
y is it the quality of ur muffler so terrible?
my friend pay for RM350 and get this type of quality? is this reasonable?

Bump: pls comment on my friend case.
y is it the quality of ur muffler so terrible?
my friend pay for RM350 and get this type of quality? is this reasonable?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A thief can disable a car alarm just by cutting off the power. Most alarm in the market doesn't have a backup battery, even if they have, the thief can still disable it by cutting the wire.

Any ideas how we can foil this attempt?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience