Evolution 7.5 GTA 4wd / 4G63

edddial

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2005
Mitsubishi's Sifus,

I'm very new here. Base on below spec, how much the cas should cost?

Model : Lancer Evolution 7.5 GTA 4wd
Year of make : Jan 2001(02)
Engine : 4G63- DOHC 16v 2.0 intercooler turbo
Gearbox : 5speed auto invecs II (tiptronic)
3 mode traction control(tarmac, grevel,snow)
Mileage : 16k
Tyres : 225/45/17
Original brake system: 4 discs brembo
Accessories specs:
Brakepads-new ENDLESS 0-500 deg hi-performance
Blow off valve- HKS SQV
Air filter- APEXI power flow
Turbo booster controller- Greddy E1 system tuneable with multi meter and hi/lo boost selector
DEFI race meters boost meter, oil pressure, temp meter. (pillar mounted) optitron meter with reset and record readings.
Full interior carbon panel specs.
1 piece carbon Kevlar super lite bonnet.

More questions:
1. What is the major/minor different between Evo 7,
Evo 7.5 & Evo 8? What about the price?
2. What about the fuel consumption let say compare to
stock Lancer? What about long distance?

Many thanks!

stopid9

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
kl/pj
edddial said:
Mitsubishi's Sifus,

I'm very new here. Base on below spec, how much the cas should cost?

Model : Lancer Evolution 7.5 GTA 4wd
Year of make : Jan 2001(02)
Engine : 4G63- DOHC 16v 2.0 intercooler turbo
Gearbox : 5speed auto invecs II (tiptronic)
3 mode traction control(tarmac, grevel,snow)
Mileage : 16k
Tyres : 225/45/17
Original brake system: 4 discs brembo
Accessories specs:
Brakepads-new ENDLESS 0-500 deg hi-performance
Blow off valve- HKS SQV
Air filter- APEXI power flow
Turbo booster controller- Greddy E1 system tuneable with multi meter and hi/lo boost selector
DEFI race meters boost meter, oil pressure, temp meter. (pillar mounted) optitron meter with reset and record readings.
Full interior carbon panel specs.
1 piece carbon Kevlar super lite bonnet.

More questions:

Many thanks!

different is manual and tipronic lo.. and the most important is the interior where GTA doesn't comes with recaro.. for stock e7 i think can go 240++km ($65) and depanding on the your foot kua..always floor it sure less than 240km..the price e7(01) around 160-170++, GTA (01) around 170-180++ and e8(above 02) around 210_220++..
guys, correct me if i'm wrong.. hope it helps..

edddial

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2005
Thanks stopid9, do you mean that with RM65/- fuel I can go 240++km?
Base on the given spec, is this car actually EVO7.5 or GTA or both? Sorry... I'm learning.
The interior looks ok, except it's not recaro.

I heard EVO7/EVO8 is selling cheaper at NAZA compare to recon's, is that true?

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Cost
> Vary according to dealer...pull your A$$ go survey. Buy motor-trader, go to car dealer yourself rather than end-up regret later.

More questions:
> Major as follow.
E7- Manual 5 speed
E7.5-Tiptronic 5 speed
E8 - 6 Speed !

As for price, u really got to survey. Can't kill the whole lot with one stone. Example, New e9 can fetch between 260K-285K. So how to compare ?

>Why the heck u want to compare with lancer ? Might as well compare with Wira, Waja then...is totally different class. I would say 'approximately' fuel cosumption for lancer 1.6 at about 11km/L and 5.5km/L for evo 2.0 (any version).

As for price differences, Remember to make sure your bargain is actualy a bargain. Cases of half paid duty or under-declared AP is not news anymore. The end-result is difficulty when selling the car in future.

Sometimes the quote "No Free Lunch" is quite true in such a competitive world of automobiles.

Hope this helps. Cheers..

edddial

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2005
Thanks for the info! Which one you recon between EVO7 & EVO7.5? Let say in term of:
1. power
2. fuel consumption
3. both power & fuel consumption

What about maintenance for E7/E7.5? Any special care & budget that I need to keep aside?

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Eddidial,
Frankly, I would recommend you to go for the manual version of e7. both 1 and 2 is definately e7. Actualy we got a member here by the nick of limt. He is driving a e7.5 so he should be able to share more with you.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
edddial said:
Thanks for the info! Which one you recon between EVO7 & EVO7.5? Let say in term of:
1. power
2. fuel consumption
3. both power & fuel consumption

What about maintenance for E7/E7.5? Any special care & budget that I need to keep aside?
eddial,

Want to buy Evo pulak ker?. kekekeke. Actually for maintenance of Evo 7/8, u can view a topic started by me on 'Evo 7 Maintenance', under this Mitsubishi thread. Actually, i was also thought to change to Evo or other turbo cars also that time (2004) & in fact have been tested quite a few 4WD turbo cars (since i got a buyer for my lancer CK Mivec that time), but at last can't tahan about the feed-back for those turbo 4WD maintenance, since i might use it as daily commuting. Finally ordered Galant Viento GH-EC7A from Japan!!.

For me, 4WD turbo cars particularly Evos are very nice and fun to drive. Power for stock standard MT evo also more than enough already.(for me la). As FC concerned, normally full tank evo7 would last around max 300km like that(since Evo7 tank a bit smaller), on average driving habit (50% normal drive, 50% highpspedding/belasah mode!). Full tank now would cost u around RM75- RM80 max, if not mistaken. Really a fuel sucker right?, but that a normal for 4WD turbo cars la.

If posible to avoid froom buying E7.5 GTA. Not say it's not good but u know la Auto Tranny (AT). FYI, i didn't thing it won't last long & durable, since Evo is considered a high torque engine. As mentioned by other forumers earlier, e7.5 GTA interior also so-so only,ie no recaro, rear high spoiler etcc. More looks lke normal car to me.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
edddial said:
Not really, a guy want to sell me his EVO7.5. So I tried to gather some info. You have one EVO?
Never owned an Evo before, but that were all of my surveys' findings last time when i planned to buy an evo7 or other 4WD car. Finally optioned for Galant. FYI, my current Euro R is consider 'coincident' only, since my personal order on Galant faced problems with AP.:biggrin:

limt

Jun 9, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
In my opinion, GTA or a manual selection comes down to you alone. I'm pretty happy with the GTA that I have, besides not having recaro seats.

Overall, performance is there, same maintenance as e7, and petrol can kill you. Probablky 200plus km depends on your leg. When you kick in to the triptronic mode, its like the manual but the bad part is, you have to get used to it and know when is the best time to shift down and up while racing.

The best thing is, during jam period, you can use auto mode and relax. At the end of the day, no complains..

edddial

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2005
aja said:
Never owned an Evo before, but that were all of my surveys' findings last time when i planned to buy an evo7 or other 4WD car. Finally optioned for Galant. FYI, my current Euro R is consider 'coincident' only, since my personal order on Galant faced problems with AP.:biggrin:
Aja, your coincident is a good luck. Most of us looking for Euro-R. You've one. Is it true there is no AP will be issued for Honda's car?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
edddial said:
Aja, your coincident is a good luck. Most of us looking for Euro-R. You've one. Is it true there is no AP will be issued for Honda's car?
Confirmed. 'Sekatan Import', (import restriction) as what stated in Custom Form JK69, JK1 on Honda started early last year i think. So, till now there won't be any grey importer on CBU Japan Honda vehicle. FYI, most of the Honda model here came from Indonesia & Melaka. Worst quality ever.

Same thing happened to Mitsubishi also, since Sept 2005. My Galant now stuck due to this AP issue la. What a joke.!!. Donno can get my car or not!. FYI, new govt price on Galant EA7A 4G93 1.8 GDI auto FWD is around RM188k. The one i ordered is a Galant Viento 4G94 4WD 2.0cc manual tranny, cause plan to install Mivec Turbo later!!. I got it as "special" price, of course. Just imagine if i have to pay in accordance with new govt price (due to the current import restriction!). Most likely >RM200k!!. So now status, donno. FYI, during my last visit to Vehicle Transit Centre (VTC) in West Port & North Port in last Sept 2005, i noticed quite few numbers of Evos and also Honda stranded there. Including my Galant also la. Donno what happened next!! Just wait & see la cause a lot of things happened so suddent during previous Ap crisis!!.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,
I've gone thru most of threads on this topic but i still need a little help from guys out there ?

1) Would it damage my stock shocks and struts if i were to lower it with say springs from eibach ?? ( Proton Waja 1.6 - 1 year old )

2)Will i be trading off a noticeble amount of comfort if i go for the eibach+ stock abs configuration ??

3)Anyone sellin it out there ?? ... :)

Pls advice cause im really plannin to upgrade to eibachs in this comin week .

Thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience