Help! RPM up & down during idling

edddial

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2005
..and moving!

Friends,

My car is having some tricky problem lately. History:

While driving (highway), suddenly I feel the car is a little jerking when I step off the gas. The same thing happen when I step on the gas. In other word, it is not smooth as usual.
After sometime, the RPM start to rise a little even I didn't step further on the gas.
In the later stage, the RPM rise until 3000 by itself. Also when in free gear.

I stop the car, keep it 'OFF' for sometime & start again. During idling, the RPM goes up & down. It's continuous up & down forever. So it goes like as low as normal idling and up to 3000 rpm. If I continue driving, the car will jerking like I step on the gas 'on and off'.

So the RPM is up & down during idling & moving.

I sent to Honda SC, they clean the throttle body & change one part (with motor) that controlled the air next to the intake manifold. Well, it's ok for like 2 weeks and the problem come back. :sad_smile:

I'm wondering if there is something else causing this problem. My car is running on F20B Auto. I have e-manage installed for nearly 3 years, I don't see any error on that unit.

Any good workshop around Shah Alam that could diagnose this problem? Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks!

Last edited:

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
well, same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. changed the same part like urs, but so far so good.

may be like wat achor said, could b da dist.

pok nik

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2005
perhaps ur distributor or maybe fuel problem..however, since u mentioned that u hv ur tb cleaned and its ok for 2 weeks or so..that means ur tb must be very dirty and the cause of that would be from the air filter..check ur airfilter and take a look at a hole at the air ram, maybe ur minyak itam overflow into the air ram and cause the tb to be dirty...it happened to me once when i was using an hks air filter and my tb always got dirty...try it first but i m not very sure since i m not a mekanic...just a piece of mind that i think might help...gud luck, bro

jerm

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
PJ
www.teamcrx.tk
always check your ecu for any error codes first when something like that happens to your car

you can always refer the codes online

kuNyit

1,500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Moon
Visit site
could be your battery ground (-ve) cable. this also need to watch out!!!

pok nik

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2005
wahhh!!! so much to cek,,,die la owner like this!!haha...very very very best of luck lah brader eddial..

edddial

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2005
If not mistaken Rotary Air Control Valve or something like that (located at the Intake Manifold). I got it from a translated website (japanese) forwarded by Aja. There is a motor attached to it that control the valve.

Which air filter is good/better? K&N or HKS? Where to source this air filter for my F20B? I know N1 at Sunway selling HKS for F20B but they don't have K&N.

Last edited:

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
i heard sometimes using DYNO machine can help to figure out problems..
maybe u can try ask around about this..
not really a 100% sure..

pok nik

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2005
i used to use hks and i needed to service my tb all the time,so i guess it is not good for ur car's health...k&n is good manufacturer of air filters but i seldom see vtec owners using it, so i do not recommend u to use oso...try apexi...or maybe simota..gives out better response based on my experience..

edddial

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2005
I think HKS is not too bad. What when wrong was the installer did not reuse the rubber attached to the ori air filter. HKS airfilter doesn't come with this rubber. Causing gap that allow air to flow freely towards TB. Lucky I didn't throw my original one, so I just attached it to my HKS.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone i don`t know iwas wrong or right posted this thread at here but hope u all accept it..

i decide to DIY custom make sub-woofer box and amplifier rack for my 2008 vios...(using fiber)

i already have all the tools and materials but just left 1 thing that i can`t find....

:banghead:so,can anyone tell me where to buy PREMIUM POLYESTER LAYUP RESIN.....?:hmmmm:

around KL or SELANGOR area.....

PLEASE HELP...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience