evo owners - sharing bad experience

Shall I close this thread to avoid any further damage to all parties?

• yes...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
anybody had a bad case of maintaning a stock EVO? A good friend of mine is planning to get an EVO VII with as close to stock ENGINE as possible... as its within his price range and he can afford the DP and installment... but now he just wants to know whats the maintainence part like? i mean is it really that FAR off any other car like civics ? i mean we have a lot of experience in NA's messing around with internal parts and etc and managed to maintain and pamper the baby just right with no major probs and cost.. any advice? like is maintaining an EVO very far off? any common problems or major problems that cost huge dumps of $$ we should be aware or prepared for? small maint that cost a couple of hundreds occasionally can la.. car will be barely used as its a weekend car...if utilized will be for cruising and trips like KL-JB.. didnt wanna start a new thread for such noob Q's ... any advise will be very much appreciated and experience.. cause its a major leap for NA to turbo...and my friend is wondering if he should just stay on what we know like DC5.. if can list down common costly maint to prepare for will be very much appreciated...and one more thing... any nice low mileage stock evo vii for sale :P thanks.

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
Anyway...it is still the same ...just that u need to change more fluid and beware of wear and tear...

1. Change Engine Oil + Filter
2. Air Filter
3. Gear Oil
4. AYC
5. Diffrencial oil
6. Coolant

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
stock engine for normal cruising...maintenance easy.....
get a regular mechanic and maintain it like normal cars except the lubricants use good one and regular service.
good car....

sarawak

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
bro...I dun think to maintain the evo is so difficult...
why i say like that..because it depend on how u pamper ur baby....
not to complicated....like we maintain the proton wira only, but only the amount of money will increase...(so that we call evo bro....)

last time i drive satria,,,then putra, then back to satria....and now evo,.....so there is no difference...
I think you shoud go to right workshop....and using right engine oil, etc...

if in shah alam, you can go to AE...so many subaru there...but dun wori...evo always can go inside.....so cool to park between all the subaru...then ur car alone there.....hahahahh....
i just pass my evo to them...dammm good service...u can try...
dun worry...i dun have any share at AE...just to share the good workshop for our zth fren....

good luck broo......:driver:

**(say no to Vtec...hahahahahha):thefinger:

cheerss...

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Just wanna share something about specified fluid for transmission ayc acd awd e7
1.Engine oil recommended 15w-50 for hot country like Malaysia
2.Mmc original oil filter
3.Gear oil,specified transmission oil Gear Oil SAE 75W-90 or 75W-85W conforming to API GL-4 Quantitiy 2.8L
4.Transfer and differential oil,specified transfer oil MMC genuine gear oil part no.8149630EX,Castrol Hypoy LS (GL-5,SAE 90),Shell LSD (GL-5,SAE 80w-90)
5.AYC bleeding specified gear oil MMC Dia Queen ATF SP III

I send my e7 to my friend 'pomen bawah pokok'.hehehe:rolleyes:

spek_nates

Known Member
Jul 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
dun think to much la bro..get the car first n later on 4 sure will get use to all the expenses..me my self at first also afraid but once i get it all the mitos about the highly expenses already immune..4 me not much different from my previous perdana tt car..so..juz go for it.:smokin:

aniki

Known Member
May 22, 2004
Minokamo, Japan
aniki1984.multiply.com
Just wanna share something about specified fluid for transmission ayc acd awd e7
1.Engine oil recommended 15w-50 for hot country like Malaysia
2.Mmc original oil filter
3.Gear oil,specified transmission oil Gear Oil SAE 75W-90 or 75W-85W conforming to API GL-4 Quantitiy 2.8L
4.Transfer and differential oil,specified transfer oil MMC genuine gear oil part no.8149630EX,Castrol Hypoy LS (GL-5,SAE 90),Shell LSD (GL-5,SAE 80w-90)
5.AYC bleeding specified gear oil MMC Dia Queen ATF SP III

I send my e7 to my friend 'pomen bawah pokok'.hehehe:rolleyes:

Bro, can PM me your friend "pomen bawah pokok"?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Anyone one currently driving Evo X SST has has a bad technical experienced of it?

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
in terms of what?

i've been using SST for almost 3 years, bought it brand new..but due to my work, now only clocked 48000km.
No issues on the gearbox so far - touges,track,wangan run etc...but I NEVER launch it using the launch control system. I believed that's the culprit.

The only gripe i have is the overheating issue on the track, but that one easily solved.

New car,new technology always take time to understand..why want to get away from it, i like discovering new things as long as its not too major..hehe. But, i like SST so far..although sometime i prefer if i got the manual instead..hehe (for track purposes).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros, any recomendation to upgrade the brakes on my wira?

servo showing signs of wear and tear, just buy new?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience