evo 9

patrickchong

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
hi all sifu, im surveying and looking to buy an evo 9 or 8, i need good recommendation from evo 8 or 9 owner, if that worth to pay extra 2x-3xk for the evo9 engine mivec turbo, compare to the cheaper evo8.

KillaJay

Sep 22, 2004
Hei bro.
It all depends on wht u want to do wit the car. If u gonna mod it up to 400whp above then either mivec or not will not make much difference. Because full power will bout 5krpm. So if u in the track, u will keep ya rpm above anyway.
But if u talkin bout street drivin and u want to have quick acceleration frm a low rpm range then the mivec will come in handy. Mivec simply helps to reduce lag at the bottom. But like I said if ure racing u'll be mostly above 4-5k rpm so it doesn't really matter.
So is it worth it?
If u got the cash why not!! But me I drive an EVO 8. For that rm30k difference. Damn there so many goodies to install!!!!! So ignore the mivec or mr. Get cams, bigger turbo, and to reduce lag put in a stroker kit.:)
Either way u'll never go wrong with an EVO

Last edited:

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
I think E9 owner should advice on this.....Andy......Mana lu ????

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Andy tengah main bola ... :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody knows what is proton 1.8 radiator capacity? 5l, 6l?
i want to change the coolant to Caltex extended life.. it is sold in 0.5l per bottle.. 50%-50% mixture.. so i need to know how many bottles do i need
and how much per bottle anyway? caltex stations are selling RM16.50 each :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience