Epson takes paper craft to beyond the awesome

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

If you think your little paper craft project of a scale house has earned you a pat on the back, this not-so-little project by Epson might be more akin to a slap in the face for you.

Epson employees took advantage of their company’s ginarmous printers and threw in a little paper craft know-how to build an incredibly detailed life-sized replica of the Honda NSX Super GT race car in, you guessed it, Epson racing liveries.

Although the paper craft model made an appearance at this year’s Tokyo Auto Salon, we have now been shone upon by the light of awesomeness and have been granted shots of the meticulous build process.

In retrospect, the same processes for building a smaller scale model is applied here, the only difference being the enlarged dimensions. Particularly cool would be the inner structure built from cardboard that holds the entire car up and prevents it from tumbling like a house of cards.

Just to keep the tree huggers happy, it’s all made from recycled paper. Now isn’t recycling seeming all that more enticing?

Source: Jalopnik

Attachments

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
wow! great stuff, look at the attention to detail

MaRvyn

Known Member
Nov 9, 2007
www.vixiousworks.com
Got special discount for Ching Ming Festival?

mark_andrews

Known Member
May 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If you think your little paper craft project of a scale house has earned you a pat on the back, this not-so-little project by Epson might be more akin to a slap in the face for you.

Epson employees took advantage of their company’s ginarmous printers and threw in a little cheap paper craft know-how to build an incredibly detailed life-sized replica of the Honda NSX Super GT race car in, you guessed it, Epson racing liveries.

Although the paper craft model made an appearance at this year’s Tokyo Auto Salon, we have now been shone upon by the light of awesomeness and have been granted shots of the meticulous build process.

In retrospect, the same processes for building a smaller scale model is applied here, the only difference being the enlarged dimensions. Particularly cool would be the inner structure built from cardboard that holds the entire car up and prevents it from tumbling like a house of cards.

Just to keep the tree huggers happy, it’s all made from recycled paper. Now isn’t recycling seeming all that more enticing?
That was awesome. Very creative. I'm glad they did that using recycled paper. :driver:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Helo everyone!!! Just a newbie on car...I got this Mitsubishi Lancer 4g15 12v SOHC with c62 body (A month ago). Engine is still in great condition but it lacks power. I went to the mechanic and had the clutch assy replaced with aisi disk and excel pressure and release bearing. Even the timing belt was replaced and valve tuned. However on long drive, my car jitters on 1500 rev especially during gear shift. Could it be a defective clutch disk?
Another thing, may i ask what could be done in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience