Engine tuning

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Engine died many times, uncountable times precisely. Must be the fuckerama idling problem, need to tune.

Another question is, i'm using K&N filter for 1.6/1.8 (but mine is 1.3), will there be any problem? Right after I fix this Air filter, the problem occur.

Before this, my idling isn't that bad, but still fugged up I know. I couldn't start the car easily, have to step on the oil pedal when I turn on the ignition.

Any good workshop to do tuning?

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
wat car r u using n isit running on carbie?u can juz adjust yrself the carbie.....b4 tat u try use STP carb cleaner at rm14.90......spray it at the carbie mouth n rev it while spraying......let it open throttle (open up the butterfly) n oso spray into each small inlet at the carbie mouth......hope tat helps u.....n another thing is consider whether yr auto choke is kong anot......autochoke function is to make yr rpm higher when initial ignition start especially in the morning or when engine is cold.....gd luck

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Mine is EFI, need to do tuning.

The thing that I want to confirm now is, can a 1.3 uses 1.6/1.8 filter? Anyone here tried before?

Many people said that it is compatible, they are the same.

But when I check speedworks site, it is not.

Hmm ..

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
i think there isnt any diff...IMO..coz wats the displacement has to do with the intake?maybe the diff is the diameter of the part where the filter is connected to the intake manifold.
this is for open pod la...but which one are u using anyway?drop in or open pod?

yup.go to some1 who can reset ur timing.coz i think its been tampered.

SPocn

Feb 15, 2006
yeah my waja having exactly same problem. the worst is when my engine ignited not longer enough, when i speeding and sudden press the brake, it would caused engine died also -.- so dangerous when i pressing brake at corner. i serviced at the regular workshop and they did help me cleaned the carbie that you mention and the problem is solved but only for few days and that problem back again now. is it better to tune the car at any regular workshop or proton workshop better? never tuned my car before.

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
how much they charge u for cleaning it?yr waja is how old?if u send to proton workshop, they'll reset yr ecu to its original optimal performance.....but somehow outside shops can tune it for higher performance which will cost u much la....dun send to proton.....send to eon if u want back original settings.....

SPocn

Feb 15, 2006
thanks bro for replying, my waja almost 3 years i think , jgj . i did that during servicing n changing black oil, cost less than 150 if not wrong. i think they only chage me 10~20 bucks for cleaning it

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
ooh ic......juz normal cleaning la using some sort of spray stuff.....for the effective cleaning is use the cleaner which cost rm 160......they pour into a bottle n hang it.....n then they pasang the pressured air into the bottle n then spray into yr intake....

so yr waja now still got engine dying?

keisuke takahashi

Feb 17, 2006
I have a problem regarding my FJ40 Landcruiser engine, its a 6 cylinder 12V OHV gasoline engine

The oil leaks in my exhaust system and beside the engine block that's why everytime I use it I smell funny inside the vehicle.

Can anybody please tell me the cause why does the oil leaks in my exhaust system and beside the engine block..

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
normally the oil leaks thru the combustion is due to the worn valve seal and the leaks beside the engine is due to engine gasket. "to kill 2 birds using 1 stone", just do top overhaul. make sure you use original valve seal.

you done!

Leongyew

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Malaysia
i'm driving a waja 1.6 auto...i wan to set the rpm higher,wat should i do??if i go to proton and set will they charge me??if yes how much?

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
you mean the engine idle?? normal efi engine has a idle screw at the throttle body.just adjust it as you want. if cannot, then need to plug the console..i think the charge is vary.other shop also have. proton??sure expensive.

my honda EG3

Mar 30, 2006
Hi,
Currently driving a carbie. :cry_smile: Engine died when i release the accelerator pedal. When i restart it again, i need to constantly press the accelerator. When i come to a corner, my engine die liao, vy dangerous when car behind following me. Ist oil intake prob ?? My rpm goes up and down. Anyone can help??

HKNP

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Is there any tuning service for an Auto EFI engine? I am driving a Toyota SEG 1.6 auto..

I heard that people are tuning their car to achieve better engine idle, fuel consumption and engine efficiency.

I have done those engine flush, throttle body flush and stuffs.. but never tune...
Please advice.

Regards,
HKNP

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi , may i know myvi bulb size ?
rear lamp reverse , rear lamp signal , n the front sport light
my myvi not is se , jus the normal 1 ... jus buy 2months ...
like is use T10 , 2kaki punya bulb o h1 bulbs ???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience