tuning for my kelisa

Akim

Nov 16, 2004
hi stanley,
In one or two weeks time, ill come to your shop for tuning becoz im free at that time after taking final exam this week and next week. besides that, i would like you to make custom rear spring (new one) either 1.6kg/mm or 2.1/2.0kg/mm (the spring spec is taken from D-sport suspension spec). Can you recommend me the which spring rate becoz im not satisfied with my stock spring because i always carry 3 or 4 passengers beside i want my car lowered.
does the spring has warranty period until when it expired? (i forgot already). quote me the price including installation, please? can you do inspection for absorber too?

BTW, can i tune the front spring setting? the current setting is 3kg/mm and i would like to try 3.5kg/mm.

one question again, if im not satisfied with the new setting, can i change back to the previous setting without changing the new rear spring?

sorry for too many question.

thanks in advance.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
hi Akim

wah, so complex! :lol:

okie: i've got a set of rear springs, you can try that wan, RM300, springs + labour.

you can tune the fronts, no prob, but if you wanna change springs... er, need to buy new ones lor.
you sure ar?
have you used up your 'free-tune-up' yet?
if not yet, i'll just charge for the springs, no labour......
(4kg/mm, 3.5kg/mm cannot)

aik, you wanna reverse the (rear) if you're not happy.......?
hm, seriously, can la, but abit more work.. And it'll cost you.. :(

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
yo stanley
still not yet make any adjustable rear abs for kelisa?
i can see toyota avanza hav it rite?

Akim

Nov 16, 2004
hi,
what is the spring rate, kg/mm of the rear spring? is it new or used?
BTW, i havent use the 'free-tune-up' yet. next visit will be my first tune up.

(4kg/mm, 3.5kg/mm cannot)
you mean that you dont have 3.5kg/mm spring, right?

what is the new front spring price for front adjustable suspension?

thanks. B)

Akim

Nov 16, 2004
hi,
im not sure you got my pm but ive checked my sent item folder and there is no mail sent to you.

can you measure again the rear spring rate because i dont want the spring rate more than 2.1kg/mm. too bumpy especially for kelisa. if it is less than 2.1kg/mm but more than 1.6kg/mm, ill accept it. sorry that im being too "cerewet" to you.

here is one way to measure spring rate DIY by me. hope that it works.
(tips to how to measure spring rate)
-put a big tray on a spring.
-measure the initial length of the spring.
-fill in 2 mineral water bottles of 1.5ltr with water until full.
*2 bottles of 1.5ltr bottle full of water = 3kg*
-place both bottles on the tray and measure back the final length of the spring.
-calculate it by 3kg divide with difference of initial length and final length.
spring rate = 3kg/(initial length - final length)
-hehehe

BTW, can i trade-in my current front spring, 3kg/mm with 3.5kg/mm spring rate?

thanks.

gogsard

Known Member
Nov 27, 2004
akim, what is ur current spring rate ? what is the rate for a stok kelisa/kenari rate ?my rear bumpy too .. cut the stok springs .. dunno what is the rate now.

stanley, im using 3kg for front .. what will happen to my ride if i change to a higher rate (e.g 3.5 or 4 kg) without changing the characteristic of the abs ?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First time father / fatherhood -there were mixed feelings . There was a sense of joy and pride. Yet, there were also comes with alot of uncertainties and the amount of sacrifices have to be made! We will need to adjust our schedule around the child. ... But please get prepared by learning from others and do as much reading up as ... just like getting a new car

My Buddy is very exciting....full of expectant and uncertainties!!! I answer many calls daily....most of them of it in regards to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience