Engine Transplats and JPJ approval concern

natagowai

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
Just wonder it's there any problem if convert from 4G15 (AUTO) to 4G91 (MANUAL)? Would this modification pass JPJ?

How much does it cost if done by self or runner?

Please advise~~ :secret:

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
yo bro it definitely no prob from converting a 1.5 to 1.5
but pls make sure that no mounting is mod
for eg: saga 4G15p mod to lancer 4G91, u will need to mod mounting n this wil not approve by jpj

is cost around 50-100 if u go register urself
runner around 200

natagowai

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
Thanks for reply.

Would it be too trouble if go by self? Cozz nowadays heard the JPJ change the rules for this.. what do you think?

I want tranplant from WIRA 4G15 (AUTO) to 4G91 (MANUAL) .. without change mounting.. would this any big issue nowadays register at JPJ? Just concern on this issue now...

How long do it take to do JPJ registration?

Please advise.. Thanks mate

alonso

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
no problem for JPJ reg if ur 1.5 (4G15P) to 1.5 (4G91) but must go inspection first at puspakom coz horse power 4G91 diff wif 4G15P, after that u go endorsement new engine no at JPJ counter that all...my experience before this ask the JPJ officer regarding this matter..cheers

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
natagowai said:
Thanks for reply.

Would it be too trouble if go by self? Cozz nowadays heard the JPJ change the rules for this.. what do you think?

I want tranplant from WIRA 4G15 (AUTO) to 4G91 (MANUAL) .. without change mounting.. would this any big issue nowadays register at JPJ? Just concern on this issue now...

How long do it take to do JPJ registration?

Please advise.. Thanks mate
ok bro
if u wan to go for urself it is not very troublesome if u stay near putrajaya
for all the conversion now,u muz hv a surat kawal selia b4 u go 4 ur inspection
n this surat kawal selia take sometimes to get it from jpj
u muz keep on calling them to check the status for the surat
this is the most troublesome part for u to do it urself

if u go for a runner
u no need to bother anything juz goyang kaki at home n it wil b ok around 2 weeks of time
since runner got "kang tao" to ask them to issue the surat faster

if no mod on the mounting, there will be no prob for u

for a 1.5 to 1.5 conversion, it take around a month n ur car can legally drive on the road

zairie

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
KUALA LUMPUR
for a 1.5 to 1.5 conversion, it take around a month n ur car can legally drive on the road
did my transplant in 2004 from 4g13 to 4g91. the transplant took 3 days, first day took out my old engine 4g13. 2nd day took out the 4g91 engine and transplant into my engine bay. third day, wiring and testing. 4th day, got it sent to puspakom for inspection. luckily i sent my car in the morning and got everything settle by afternoon. then, pay for my insurance cover note coz increase in cc from 1.3 to 1.5. on the same day went to jpj to get the registration card endorsed and finally my car is legal on the road the next morning.

so i dont think it took 1 whole month to get your car legalised as wut gsrTurbo9166 mentioned.

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
zairie said:
did my transplant in 2004 from 4g13 to 4g91. the transplant took 3 days, first day took out my old engine 4g13. 2nd day took out the 4g91 engine and transplant into my engine bay. third day, wiring and testing. 4th day, got it sent to puspakom for inspection. luckily i sent my car in the morning and got everything settle by afternoon. then, pay for my insurance cover note coz increase in cc from 1.3 to 1.5. on the same day went to jpj to get the registration card endorsed and finally my car is legal on the road the next morning.

so i dont think it took 1 whole month to get your car legalised as wut gsrTurbo9166 mentioned.
hi bro zairie
2004 that time no need surat kawal selia k
that's y it is fast
but now all conversion muz hv surat kawal selia b4 u go to inspection
this make the different k

pls check with putrajaya JPJ for more information

natagowai

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
gsrTurbo9166, Thanks for your sharing... by the way.. do you know any runner doing this ya? you just give your car to him for a month? How much does it charge?

Hope can share with me.. this is the problem i most struggle now.. :(

Thanks.

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
natagowai said:
gsrTurbo9166, Thanks for your sharing... by the way.. do you know any runner doing this ya? you just give your car to him for a month? How much does it charge?

Hope can share with me.. this is the problem i most struggle now.. :(

Thanks.
hi bro natagowai

i did my transplat at kl n i did my registration at ipoh coz i'm from ipoh n my runner from ipoh.(soli for this coz my runner from ipoh n u from kl)
actually don rush to register ur engine, drive a month to find out whether the engine got any prob or not b4 u register.when got prob then ez to change or convert. if u already register n ur engine got prob then u wil need to pay double to register a new engine. but bare in mind that drive slowly n don let those JPJ n police kacau juz like wat i did b4.
last time when i convert from 1.3 to mivec it cost around 600-700 cant remember clearly coz almost 4 yrs back.then for the current gsr i spend for 2K to get the approval from them.but luckily for me coz that time still legal to convert from 1.3 to 1.8.antoher tip for u is don register during raya festival, they wil raise their price from 2k to 2.5k.

Naqib

Mar 28, 2006
yo bro gsrTurbo9166...just checking, what's the limit of conversion? my cousin wanted to convert his waja from 1.6 to 2.0 v6 engine...jpj said cannot coz over the limit...the new engine cannot exceed 25% of the original engine...is it true? (but now suddenly got waja chancellor with v6 engine...mmg naik angin!!!)

AUT15

Known Member
May 27, 2005
CyberJaya
Naqib said:
yo bro gsrTurbo9166...just checking, what's the limit of conversion? my cousin wanted to convert his waja from 1.6 to 2.0 v6 engine...jpj said cannot coz over the limit...the new engine cannot exceed 25% of the original engine...is it true? (but now suddenly got waja chancellor with v6 engine...mmg naik angin!!!)
najib need to remember that waja chancellor is factory spec mean it's not conversion from other engine. Yes, JPJ currently very strict with conversion and stick with law for 25% rules...by the way, your cousin still can convert if he/she willing to pay to runner!! the price for this i think you may consider twice :cry_smile:

Naqib

Mar 28, 2006
that's what i told him to do...but he consider that as bribery and he don't want to...because his father is some BPR guy...so you know how some people stick to their own rule...anyway...i have a mercedes 2300cc...the engine is getting bad day by day...if i were to convert, i want to upgrade to 2800cc...25% of 2300cc would be 575cc... 2300 + 575 = 2875cc...if the 25% rule applies, that means it's legal to convert right? why my mechanic said the most i can convert is to 2600cc? do you think i should go to another mechanic?

natagowai

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
hmm... even if the modification CC is not more than 25%? For example, from 4G15 (AUTO) to 4G91 (MANUAL)?

What is the market charge on this? and how long does it take for approval?

If you do have anyone which is runner.. .can intro ya?

Naqib

Mar 28, 2006
do you have your own engine? i mean do you have the halfcut already? there's a halfcut shop in puchong that sells engine and they can introduce you to some runners...there are a few in zerotohundred but i think you have to make a forum saying 'looking for runners'.

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
Naqib said:
hi guys
pls come over here http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...d.php?t=122714
so that u guys wil hv clearer information for converting to 2.0cc

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as it always said " a right start" and it will be "less for more"

car detailing is taking up ownership

sharing some pic with you...how these owners have their car blink blink after months
by simple routine regiment of maintain

just see for ya self

8 months later
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience