engine or electronic error??????

CSx8213x

1,000 RPM
Mar 8, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Bro Kaminari , the AAC valve is a stepper motor ?

picks

Known Member
May 25, 2007
Thanks everybody!
sure will have to check the alternator first, starting engine time feels difficult too.
ai...thought maintaining stock car should be easy, fact is, maintaining stock car in a SMALL TOWN is definitely not easy!

Kaminari: thanks for all the input, will definitely have sifus check out all those 3 parts to be secured. sounds like this 3 things giving quite a bit of headache ya, time to get to know more on them.

cheers everybody!

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Do share when you manage to solve the problem ... Am sure all of us are keen of learning abit as well ... Cheers ... :itsme:

picks

Known Member
May 25, 2007
updates!

not yet check on the essential elements though, got no time presently :p, so, tried the battery 1st, and drive it at least once in 2 days *particularly for gym only*, (though short distance, at least on the move :) ), condition improved, and so far nothing goes wrong yet, which i hope will never go wrong again,
but the car kindda jerking at very slow speed (2nd gear), wonder if it's the EIDS setting.
got my car driven for a year now, anymore parts in particular should be checked up by reputable workshop as the car should be considered as secondhand, though it's recond, and wont know how the previous owner keeps the car. especially fluids at trunk???

cheers !!

Bump: updates!

not yet check on the essential elements though, got no time presently :p, so, tried the battery 1st, and drive it at least once in 2 days *particularly for gym only*, (though short distance, at least on the move :) ), condition improved, and so far nothing goes wrong yet, which i hope will never go wrong again,
but the car kindda jerking at very slow speed (2nd gear), wonder if it's the EIDS setting.
got my car driven for a year now, anymore parts in particular should be checked up by reputable workshop as the car should be considered as secondhand, though it's recond, and wont know how the previous owner keeps the car. especially fluids at trunk???

cheers !!

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
updates!

cheers !!

Heard EIDs were used on a specific car, not particularly on Skyline's ... I may be wrong, and not wanting to offend anyone as well. I have known minor jerking on lower rev .. around 2500-3000 rpm, did all the cleaning including throttle, manifold, but best is have the afm's cleaned. That solved it completely and cost a few bucks only.

Fluid at the truck's for the attesa (ie. 4WD and A-lsd) units ... You want to keep that topped up ... By the way, during idling, do you see if the fluid within the canister swirl / moving?

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
hello bro i can't say i'm a pro but gauging from your situation you should check on the followings:

a)your AFM
b)timing belt
c)cam angle sensor (cas)
d)clutch
e)aac valve
f)compression?

i know i had same problem before.Your case really sound like AFM problem and i dunno why u wanna install EIDS in the first place =-(.My case alot of mechanics check everything also can't find the problem, in the end i found out that if i press down the air filter the rpm is different, i let go, rpm different again. so i took out the afm, i check it, everything seems to be okay, clean it with carb cleaner, doesnt fix the problem. So i got bold, i took off the afm, cut open the afm to get to the board, i noticed that one of the wire inside has broken off. I googled around and found out that it is the signal feed wire, no wonder my car sometimes dun wanan start, stops at humps etc. I bought a cheap solder and solder that wire back and guess what? no more problems on my car! It is as simple as that! when mechanics can't even find what's wrong! Unfortunately u have to "cut" open the afm box to get inside loh, could be pretty tricky but if i can do it why can't you? another alternative is get someone which u knwo has good afm and change it and see if it fix the prob o not.

i know another case, of my friend. He send to alot of mechanics all of them also scratch head dunno whats wrong.everything seems perfect! Until he got frustrated go back home, wasted all resources he really dunno what to do already so he got ambitious and open up his cam belt cover just to find his cam belt slacking like long foreskin. The belt is so stretched that it "jumped" tooth, causing all the silly stallings etc. He replaced the belt, adjust the cam angle sensor gues what? fixed it. Another case of, mechanics looks like monkey but he managed to found the problem out of ramdom luck.

3rd case...same like timing belt case but somehow ur cas just "run" position because of timng belt stretch or cas not tight enuff? weird if u ask me, but there really is such case!!!

4h case, really really weird case.Not really sure about this one but a misaligned clutch can cause stalling? Not sure about this one, but somehow i got a friend who changed clutch, after 6 months the gearbox/clutch starting to act weird. On 1st/2nd have to press gas pedal abit before release clutch if nto will sei for something like that...not really sure about this case can have a look also.

5th case, aac valve dirty. Sometimes aac valve gets dirty because of years of usage and builup. Can cause hunting also if it isn't afm problem. You can use the "improper" way of open the gate of AAC valve bigger so can bypass all that clogging inside.Interim solution loh but if u want can take it out and give it a good cleanup. also then u need to tune it back to proper rpm.eg:disconnect aac valve feed, turn some screw in ecu full anti clockwise and plump in aac valve feed and tune.for more info google.com

6th case is lousy compression in cylinder, or cylinder not firing at all. You will feel that the car is super suddering not because of the grunt of the engine but its from ur cylinder not firing at all or problem with cylinder. i THINK this is the most unlikely case lah coz im sure ur mechanic will know if he's a mechanic but....u wont know *roll eyes*

by the way bro, just some advice from me, not really expert but i think these some pointers might help u on the look out at the more common "missed" problem.

If theres anything wrong, please correct me! knowledge sharing is caring!!

Last edited:

picks

Known Member
May 25, 2007
thanks so much for the analysis, really useful information. at least i know i'm not the only 1 having this prob, but sure i'm the lousiest to have not able to sort it out my own, :p
the car is still under observation i would say, after the battery renewal, so far it hasn't give me problem yet, just that have to make sure i drive it daily, or at least once every 2 days.
heard of carb cleaning process as well, only that still not yet deal with it.

Bump: thanks so much for the analysis, really useful information. at least i know i'm not the only 1 having this prob, but sure i'm the lousiest to have not able to sort it out my own, :p
the car is still under observation i would say, after the battery renewal, so far it hasn't give me problem yet, just that have to make sure i drive it daily, or at least once every 2 days.
heard of carb cleaning process as well, only that still not yet deal with it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

let me share something that happend to me today...

one chinese guy around 35 years of age... in a waja (condition new) started staring at me when we stopped at the traFFic lite..

then the fu**er starts raming his engine like mad trying to ajak me to a race....

when the traffic lite went green he started to act crazy by spinning his tire...

i using a GSR by the time his car tire stopped spinning i already gave him 50 meter lead

then the fu**er came to the back and started kissing my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience