engine oil for turbocharged engines

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
asking on behalf of my friend, he drives a B8 Ford. He has tried quite a number of oils, but he finds the engine to be rather "rough" at 4000km. Everytime he changes the oil, everything is smooth.

is it because of poor quality engine oil or is this normal? he has tried and have used only synthetics..... Syntium, Helix, Mobil 1...... he doesn;t really drive that hard....

i recommended him to try out Q8 F1 on his next change......if that fails, MOTUL or SIKOLENE...

will additive like Tufoil help in turbo engines?

i am not here to promote Q8 or anything. Thanx!

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
motul 300v 15-50 no prob for my car at all
after 5000km still very good..can drip from my oil stick when i see the oil level

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
currently i'm using mobil seems ok oni.. tired Q8 but it seems too thin for my old engine(mayb gua, i dunno how old it is also).. feel like trying the HKS 10w-40.. anyone tried b4??

man10681

Known Member
Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
actually u hv to understand the cleaning power of these full syn. oil...if u happen to use full syn. in dat engine,surely those carbon deposit from previous oil is still there,dat's my opinion,the oil simply cleanse ur internal component,u cant expect using it for the 1st 4000km n expect it to be very clean n smooth after the next service,the cleaning process need some time n is continuous if u used old/2nd/halfcut engine...i hv used mobil1 5w-50 in my L5,currently using mobil1 0w-40,on both occasion i add in tufoil,it become ultrasmooth but actually it it sufficient enuff to use the oil only as it is very good...my fren using HKS 10w-40 in his L5,both r good oil...

i tell u a story bout dis dude,complaining around when he told me dat when he used synthium,when time 4 servis the oil is still clean compared to when he used mobil1,n he told me dat when reach 3000km the mobil1 feels rough n the synthium can go up to 5000km b4 hving the same rough feelings...n he made conclusion dat mobil1 is a far worse oil than synthium...i told him u dun understand how these oil works...mobil1 is actually a much more better oil than the synthium coz it simply clean ur internal,dat's y u feel rough coz those particles r floating around with the oil...dat's how a gud fully syn. works...u dun trust me,go n read more books...4 old engine,i dun recommend fully syn...semi syn will do u juz good....

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
use Q8 semi syn 1st.....run it for 1st 4000km n then upgrade to fully syn...

u wil feel the difference.....

old engine cannot use fully syn...semi syn enuf...

aircooled said:
asking on behalf of my friend, he drives a B8 Ford. He has tried quite a number of oils, but he finds the engine to be rather "rough" at 4000km. Everytime he changes the oil, everything is smooth.

is it because of poor quality engine oil or is this normal? he has tried and have used only synthetics..... Syntium, Helix, Mobil 1...... he doesn;t really drive that hard....

i recommended him to try out Q8 F1 on his next change......if that fails, MOTUL or SIKOLENE...

will additive like Tufoil help in turbo engines?

i am not here to promote Q8 or anything. Thanx!

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
there are 3 types of full syn
wat i know the best is ester base type which found in motul n redline

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Jun_EK9 said:
there are 3 types of full syn
wat i know the best is ester base type which found in motul n redline
motul n redline r good but price wise is expensive lo....

anyway...type of engine oil we use gotta match which the engine...

new engine can use fully syn....old engine not suggested...coz sometimes will 'makan minyak hitam'

anyway....turbo car can try Q8 1st..if not happy....then can use HKS..quite cheap now....or redline or motul if u wish

anyway....juz hv a try....we cant say which oil is good.... :dancing2:

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
wat u pay then wat u get ..sure there are reason certain oil is expensive

turbo engine are extreamly hot..boiling inside. so a cheap oil or lubricant cant hold that type of temp.
somemore if everyday full boost sure the oil very fast getting lower n dirty n no more lube

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
HKS partially syncthetic sj 10w/40 super turbo racing ngam bo?

EVO3gsr

Known Member
Jul 22, 2005
KL
AccordRacing said:
HKS partially syncthetic sj 10w/40 super turbo racing ngam bo?
change oil at 4000/5000km if semi....stop use if engine noisy

use fully...can go 8000/9000km

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
it's nice to get this so-called indicator..

on both of my cars...once the tappets (both also hydraulic tappets) becomes noisy after around 4000kms...time to change engine oil..hahhahah!!!

if the tappet noise exists even after changing engine oil, i throw away and will not buy the same brand ever...even it's run 200kms or so.

dunno what's best so far cos i use all brands already...even those Chemlubes...still...chemlube is the best...and pricing also THE BEST! :D

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
try Q8...alots mmc car using it and claims it eliminate the tappet sound at the 2nd time oil change n totally no sound at 3rd time oil change

u can hv a try....but sound wil be only reduce at 1st time oil change....wont eliminate yet

MitonCT26 said:
it's nice to get this so-called indicator..

on both of my cars...once the tappets (both also hydraulic tappets) becomes noisy after around 4000kms...time to change engine oil..hahhahah!!!

if the tappet noise exists even after changing engine oil, i throw away and will not buy the same brand ever...even it's run 200kms or so.

dunno what's best so far cos i use all brands already...even those Chemlubes...still...chemlube is the best...and pricing also THE BEST! :D

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
dun worry boy...Q8 was the last on my list 2 years ago. tried it's Q8 F1 and it's 5W-40 semis. Terrible...maybe it's their first batch or so lah.

Even tried Sharlu (The Taliban oil as we always joke about it) ACE...suprisingly...can use wor.

to be honest the reason tappet got noise is either the engine oil dirty or it's faulty. the only way is to change all of them at a cost of 80 bucks 1 piece. (2 years old price) :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys...

click this link...

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/headlights/index.html

the question are...

do we hv those kind of plastic cleaner ...?
where to get it...?

Thank You...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience