Engine Judder

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Yup have seen it before but it did not occur to me it was glued. Those bloody epoxy sold in the hardware shop can't even stand heat. My mech once used epoxy to seal my automatic gear box which was crack though. But that one hold up pretty well. Not sure whether the gearbox at that part was hot or not. Maybe the one I bought was imitation. Hehe.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
get used to racing clutch, it needs technique to control well on street... since it is not for street used, stated clearly on the package.... but i use exedy racing clutch too and i used to it and learnt how to control...

mitsu4G

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
Johor Bahru
i think the clutch bearing already mkn badly.......grinding sound normally if u using racing clutches that have screws at the end of the pads.....once the pad habis edi, then will makan the screw......
like works...that time u may need to skim your flywheel.

but exedy ones dun have....they glue it down to the plate.
that is exactly wut had happened to me last time wit my twin plate..at the moment using stock clutch n flywheel je..huhu

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
get used to racing clutch, it needs technique to control well on street... since it is not for street used, stated clearly on the package.... but i use exedy racing clutch too and i used to it and learnt how to control...
The thing is not whether can control or not. The more I prod the accelerator the worst the judder eventhough I have not release the clutch fully. Off from traffic light whether launching or normal release clutch no problem. Problem only happens when I release clutch then press clutch then depress I will feel the judder.
Will worn out clutch plate have this symptom?

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
in my oppinion .. if u using racing clutches, that is normal when the car is slow moving i.e 1st gear, because the racing clutch cover have more force pressing the plates, in slow moving will cause the engine to vibrate/judder.. just check ur gbox mounting

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hmmm ok let me clarify that. Vibrations are weak. Judder is somewhat like you can feel the engine/gearbox rocking from it's mounting. I have owned another turbo car before with racing clutch and I can say it's more difficult to drive on the previous one. But this one the judders worries me.

m|ng

Known Member
May 13, 2006
Since we're on the topic of engine judder. I have another similar problem.
Back in January I changed the clutch, bearing, pressure plate (the whole lot) on my Corolla AE101. Ever since then I've been having this random "pulses" from the engine whenever the engine is on idle, and the clutch depressed while in first gear.

scenario (in sequence):
- you are in a jam, and you have first gear engaged, so you crawl through the jam.
- when the car in front stops, you depress the clutch pedal to free (BUT you are still in first gear).
- the engine would "Pulse" sometimes. Its like the gear is not totally free and it keeps tugging at the car.
- Solution is to pull the gear out from 1 to neutral, and it will be gone.

Any ideas? It would not happen all the time. just that it would likely happen when it gets hotter. I have changed the clutch pumps last week, but it still happens.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Since we're on the topic of engine judder. I have another similar problem.
Back in January I changed the clutch, bearing, pressure plate (the whole lot) on my Corolla AE101. Ever since then I've been having this random "pulses" from the engine whenever the engine is on idle, and the clutch depressed while in first gear.

scenario (in sequence):
- you are in a jam, and you have first gear engaged, so you crawl through the jam.
- when the car in front stops, you depress the clutch pedal to free (BUT you are still in first gear).
- the engine would "Pulse" sometimes. Its like the gear is not totally free and it keeps tugging at the car.
- Solution is to pull the gear out from 1 to neutral, and it will be gone.

Any ideas? It would not happen all the time. just that it would likely happen when it gets hotter. I have changed the clutch pumps last week, but it still happens.
I think we may have the same problems. To counter the judder I need to get it back to neutral then back to first gear so that it will not judder. Strange isn't it.

m|ng

Known Member
May 13, 2006
Yeap. it is. Never had that before I went for a service. It happens so randomly, that i cant replicate it at the mechanics.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

Just gauging interest for all the DIY-ers out there, I just want to find out the popularity of colors IF it is available in Malaysia on this product. Its called Plasti Dip.

What is Plasti Dip?
Plasti Dip is a spray-on rubber adhesive agent which bonds to items to give it a rubberized effect thus further protecting the item from harsh environmental wear and tear.

Additionally, Plasti Dip comes in multiple colors which one can customize his/her car according to preferences...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience