Engine Judder

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hey guys,
Whenever i'm reversing or on first gear but pressing and depressing the clutch it feels as though the engine is juddering or gearbox. Well it's like this. You are reversing but going slowly because of a bump behind you so you press and depress the clutch and accelerate slowly. Then there is this judder. Kinda of bad that the engine is rocking or probably the gearbox. Any ideas? Could it be the engine mounting? Clutch? It does not happen is I on other gears. Sometimes when that happens i just slot into second gear(straining the gears) and the problem disappears. Hope you guys have experienced this before and found a way to correct this.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
are u using 3/4/6 puck clutch?
suspect your gbox mounting.....or could be the clutch bearing.
I'm kinda noob although I have been driving turbo cars for like a few years already. It's on a Exedy racing clutch but not sure how many puck. I didn't ask the owner. Should I?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
how long u used the clutch edi?
should be 3puck.......if not mistaken.....thats always the common problem with racing clutches....

get xtemeleo to help u diagnosed, he knows.......

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
how long u used the clutch edi?
should be 3puck.......if not mistaken.....thats always the common problem with racing clutches....

get xtemeleo to help u diagnosed, he knows.......
Hmmm maybe that's the problem? Hopefully and nothing serious. Yes, xtremeleo is really helpful. I pm him a dozen of questions and all was answered. Well if he does not come across this thread then I will pm him.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
yup hopefully nothing serious.....
check your mountings 1st, especially the gbox ones.
if everything ok should be the clutch.
Could it be the clutch that is worn out or it's just basically the poor design of the clutch that causes judder. 1st gear off the lights no problem. Only in slow moving traffic or start stop moving only.

mitsu4G

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
Johor Bahru
bro..i think it is time to change yr clutch..i've been encountered dis kinda' problem last time..aftr changing the clutch, problem solved..no judder or serious vibration while in 1st gear or reverse gear...wuteva it is, go n hv a check 1st bro..

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
bro..i think it is time to change yr clutch..i've been encountered dis kinda' problem last time..aftr changing the clutch, problem solved..no judder or serious vibration while in 1st gear or reverse gear...wuteva it is, go n hv a check 1st bro..
Faulty clutch or worn out clutch?

mitsu4G

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
Johor Bahru
faulty clutch for me is when u step on the clutch pedal..not even full step, it wil make like 'grinding sound'..n its very very hard to engage to any gears..happened to me with my twin plate before until my mech have to take the car from my house n drive it to his w/shop only using 2nd gear all the way..real bad..

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hmmm seems like I have to bring to an expert. My clutch does not seem to slip.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
faulty clutch for me is when u step on the clutch pedal..not even full step, it wil make like 'grinding sound'..n its very very hard to engage to any gears..happened to me with my twin plate before until my mech have to take the car from my house n drive it to his w/shop only using 2nd gear all the way..real bad..
i think the clutch bearing already mkn badly.......grinding sound normally if u using racing clutches that have screws at the end of the pads.....once the pad habis edi, then will makan the screw......
like works...that time u may need to skim your flywheel.

but exedy ones dun have....they glue it down to the plate.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
i think the clutch bearing already mkn badly.......grinding sound normally if u using racing clutches that have screws at the end of the pads.....once the pad habis edi, then will makan the screw......
like works...that time u may need to skim your flywheel.

but exedy ones dun have....they glue it down to the plate.
Glue it down? Can hold ah with the friction and heat generated from the clutch plates? Aiyo mine don't have such symptoms don't know how la.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,. I'm currently looking for Original Putra Recaro back seat (only). If anyone have it please let me know ya.. Of coz condition must be good. Price.. my location is in pj. thx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience