ej6 engine inspection light

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
hello sifu..
my ej6 has been overhauled and working very smoothly.. the only problem is whenever i rev a little to get more pickup in naik bukit, the engine inspection light will light up and i have to shutdown the engine for the light to turn off.. this always happen and it really makes me angry.. :banghead:.. btw, my car is auto tranny.. the overhaul i've done include the gearbox seal and the whole engine.. does this cause by sensor?? which one? or the wiring? or the gearbox??... pls

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Most probably it's a sensor,
do a CEL diagnostic check to find out which one...(u can search the forums to find out how to check it)

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Bro...
Auto tranny can rev rev during up hill?
Anyway next itme happen, do not off engine, do the CEL diagnostic check so as to get the
code...
From the code we will know what is the problem....
Tq

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
bro sazleej,

how much was the cost for the overhaul?yours is d16y8?(single cam vtec)...

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
bro sazleej,

how much was the cost for the overhaul?yours is d16y8?(single cam vtec)...
the cost for all is too much.. around rm1.5k.. cannot afford to change the engine.. ehehehheee

thanks guys.. will search to see which sensor and will post it later... :driver:

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
sazleej,

if you dont mind, can you list out the parts that was changed and also what else was done?...

Viere

Jul 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
maybe your alternator problem. check the alternator(alternator can repair). but sometime it because O2 sensor (@ extractor to engine sensor wire). Do check with your mechanic.

rodcyprian

Known Member
Mar 12, 2009
Just wan to share guys,
The check engine light ever ON when Vtec kicked in during my old time using D15B.
When the time I swap B16A into my ride, the workshop guy told me that my ECU for my old engine is bye bye already so that's why the check engine light ON. :biggrin::biggrin:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Bro
ecu what number?
U check the code already?
Worst case send for repair...

rodcyprian

Known Member
Mar 12, 2009
Bro
ecu what number?
U check the code already?
Worst case send for repair...
Bro, I don't border about the ECU since I changed engine to B16A by that time. :proud::proud::proud:
That ECU is D15B one, but I to find out where I keep it! Heheh..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
done cel.. its flashing code 23.. i think its knock sensor.. damn, no part here in kk.. go to chop shop, they wont let me take from the engine.. siggghhhhh... dono what to do now...

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
done cel.. its flashing code 23.. i think its knock sensor.. damn, no part here in kk.. go to chop shop, they wont let me take from the engine.. siggghhhhh... dono what to do now...
Bro,
Knock sensor seldom spolit.
What alway spolit is the knock sensor connector/socket...
It gets broken easily is not properly taken out or put in.

So it could just be connection problem.
Have a look at the connector, if not properly contact, try to repair it (solder/cable tie/etc)..

Worse case, there are ways to bypass the knock sensor also.
Anyway, try check the connector first...

And if you really want a knock sensor, i think i can get 1 for you....

Thks

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
thanks 4 the info...
will try to repair or check thoroughly... will update later.. if not, will pm you..

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
lucky for me, found the sensor.. cost me rm100 for parts and labour.. damn... engine run smoothly, but the pick up and feel not really great.. btw, can some1 please post or gimme a link to diagram for exhaust system?? my exhaust rusted badly and suspected it make my car very heavy... please.. :wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, would like to seek some advise from you all here.

I am getting the Axia E variant and this is my first time getting a new car, literally 0 experience. Just wondering if it's better to get from tookar, and the likes of online dealer or apply the loan myself and look for dealer ? Which would offer a better deal , eg: lower interest loan ?

Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience