EJ to EK dashboard installation. Help

ivora

Known Member
Jan 14, 2004
Petaling Jaya
One more question bro......Hikaru/hattech V

The climate control for all EK models using same blower,cooling coils,center core and wiring harness or not?. You said your model and mine is diffrent..so the aircond compenent also might be diffrent right?? i guess la....

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
hope this will help u.... some writeup fr me. but sorry coz i'm not very good in explaining... haha

99 spec climate control (digital) conversion checklist :-

overall look for ur under dashboard - aircond system... this refer to 96 EK4 wiring

1. Wiring Harness - i believe that someone can mod it fr current wiring to digital aircond wiring outside there. but the charges i believe is more expensive than the cost for u to get another used complete set wiring harness. one thing u need to make sure when u buy the digital climate control is the wiring harness. dun simply buy the climate only.

2. Digital Blower - if u refer to hondatech climate conversion the picture shown that the socket for resistor (i'm not sure what this thing call) is using 3 pin one. but actually it depen on ur wiring harness. if u got the wiring harness with 4 pin, then u have to find digital blower with 4 pin socket for the resistor. And make sure the digital blower got the relay. the location of the relay is at the bottom of the blower.

3.Cooling Coil - you can use back ur cooling coil but u need to mod wiring for the temp sensor socket since ur original one is using 3 pin socket n the digital using 2 pin socket. alternatively, u can find CRV cooling coil coz its using the same
temp sensor (2 pin).

original temp sensor socket

4.Center Core with Heater - the center core design is same with any local model or 96 model except the digital got heater n motorize 'door' to control hot air volume to be mixed with cool air produced by the cooling coil. you better get a complete set of digital center core to avoid any hassle in mix-n-match the parts. this digital center core u can get it fr any imported model such as EK3 96 or 99 as long as it using digital climate control.

my center core collection. haha

5.air vent - this air vent is located inside the dashboard and mandatory required if u converting 96 dashboard with 99 spec digital climate control. u need to dismantle the dashboard in order to install it.

6. 99 spec climate control. better if u can get it together with the metal frame support. the frame is to support the radio unit n to be tighten to the dashboard metal frame.

7.a good workshop with good workmanship. i can recommend if u want.

overall look for ur under dashboard - aircond system... AFTER conversion to 99 Spec Digital Climate Control.

Last edited:

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Nope, that's from 96~98 prefacelift digital climate contol dash.

By the way, good write up you got there, mi. The mod should pine this thread make it as achieve.

VICIC

May 26, 2005
KL
Any idea where can I get just the 96~98 prefacelift digital climate contol ONLY?And how much will it cost?
My ride is already converted with 96-98 EK4 halfcut.

Thanks.

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
VICIC said:
Any idea where can I get just the 96~98 prefacelift digital climate contol ONLY?And how much will it cost?
My ride is already converted with 96-98 EK4 halfcut.

Thanks.
I have the prefacelift digital climate control. PM me if you are keen.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good morning.

Tufoil is featured in a special Formula 1 supplement in The Star newspaper today.Do read the write-up.

In conjuction with this exciting event, ACE HARDWARE outlets in the Klang valley and Penang are giving a 10% discount for all Tufoil products. All you have to do is to bring along the Tufoil advertisement incorporating the discount voucher and present it to the cashier.

Do hurry for stocks are limited for some items. Promotion ends 30 April 2011.

Cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience