EFI / MPI air filter modifications

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
dude here i am totally new to fuel injection air intake car.

can any1 teach me the basics

can injection install in Open port and/or Drop in?

how to DIY install air filter?

I wanna learn to help my friend.....his ride Wira EFI

any pic of Wira EFI engine bay after mod air filter?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap, injection can install either open port or drop in... obviously u dont need to install both together....

for open port, u can either use back the original RAM pipe or custom one... as for drop-in, u can easily get any aftermarket drop-in filter element in the market....

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
how about DIY install it? just as same like carburettor?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
wanna learn more about EFI? hrm,

got 2 types..single point and multi-point injection..
the single point injection is also known as throttle body injection (TBI),has the injector nozzle(s) in a throttle body assembly on top of the engine..fuel is then sprayed into the top centre of the intake manifold.

then there's the multi point injection system...(port injection) which has fuel injectors in the port (air-fuel runner or passage) going to each cyclinder..petrol is then sprayed into each intake port and towards each engine intake valve.that's y its called multi-point..coz it has more than one location..

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Fluffy thanks for the knowledges......haha but wanna know more about changing filter on EFI engine only heh heh

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
haha! well..u wana change the filter simple lor..just open the cover and change lor! haha

but if u wanna change it to the open pod one..erm...can DIY but u must haf the tools and instuctions lor.hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey everyone...i need some guide on buying tired for my car..my car currently uses silverstone 15 inches radial type tires...the front tires are wearing out...need to change them..my budget is around rm300 to rm350..help needed guys..i want performance tyres..radial type kinda sucks..what type is suitable? apart from radial type? :sad_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience