Dynojet wideband vs Inovate LM1 wideband Co2 sensor

klgauto

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 27, 2004
Klang Sentral
www.klgauto.zoomshare.com
I was thinking to buy a wideband sensor for myself , so come a cross of this 2 brand `Dynojet & Inovate'

LM-1: Digital Air/Fuel Ratio Meter

The LM-1 is the industry's first and best complete wideband tuning system. A single self-contained unit combines a wideband air/fuel ratio sensor controller, a 6-channel data logger, and an easy-to-read backlit LCD display. This is the unit used by tuners, racers, and engine builders the world over.

Tuning an engine for maximum power previously required long trial-and-error sessions on a dynamometer. With the LM-1, precise AFR measurement allows the user to correctly adjust many variables- including carburetor jetting, fuel injection, turbo fuel curves, etc.- without long and expensive dyno sessions. The meter’s digital signal processing technology provides data on exactly how rich or lean an engine is running at any load. The LM-1’s self-calibrating circuitry also compensates for changes in temperature, altitude, and sensor condition.

World's only fully-digital wideband controller.
Up to 6 Channels of data logging.
Portable/ Handheld.
Display both A/F and Lambda readings in real-time.
Auto calibration to compensate for changes in temperature, altitude, and sensor condition.
Two user configurable analog outputs.
LogWorks - award winning tuning software.

The instrument can sample and store 6 channels of data- air-fuel-ratio and up to 5 other sensor data channels- internally in operation for later analysis on a personal computer. At a sampling rate of 12 samples/second the instrument can store up to 44 minutes worth of data in non-volatile memory. The data can be downloaded to a personal computer using a standard serial port and viewed/analyzed by the included LogWorks software or any standard spreadsheet program:

The LM-1 also features two analog outputs to connect to analog gauges, dyno computers, ECUs, piggyback controllers, and other devices with analog inputs. Analog output 1 comes setup from the factory ready for narrowband simulation; analog output 2 is configured as 1 volt = 10 AFR (.6 lambda) and 2 volts = 20 AFR (1.3 lambda). With the provided LM Programmer software these analog outputs may also be configured by the user.

For the Dynojet wideband

it can input RPM & throttle position signal , and use USB cable .

both of us using Bosch LUS4 5wire wideband sensor .

but LM 1 using serial port to connect to computer & no RPM & throttle input .

so anyone of the member here had using it pls give me your feedback of this 2 brand .
Thank You

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
I already tried both unit.
Innovate basic kit cannot do much, there is no input for RPM, so you can't run data logging with basic unit. But the great point is you can get LMA-2 (RPM convertor) for RPM input or LMA-3 (AuxBox). Basically it's a great stuff if buy together with LMA-3. KSP at Sunway selling at RM2000 for LM-1 basic kit + LMA-2. I bet if come with LMA-3 it will be almost RM2500. DOwn side = still utilize serial cable which most of the notebook no longer has serial port.

As for Dynojet Wideband commander, it come as complete kit:
Wide Band Commander Module, 270 Degree Sweep 2 1/16th Electric Gauge, Bosch 5-Wire LSU4 Wide Band Sensor, Wide Band 02 Sensor Wiring Harness , Multi-Function Cable , Power Cable , USB Cable , Sensor Bung and Plug , Gauge Mounting Hardware with Bulb Covers, Wide Band Commander Software

Function: AFR reading through AFR gauge, digital AFR reading through notebook, datalog with TPS and RPM input.

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
The're using same wideband sensor Bosch LSU4.2 5 wires. Accuracy should be the same.

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Serial to USB converter usually does not work on some device and it usually hangs during operation

klgauto

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 27, 2004
Klang Sentral
EG9 said:
I already tried both unit.
Innovate basic kit cannot do much, there is no input for RPM, so you can't run data logging with basic unit. But the great point is you can get LMA-2 (RPM convertor) for RPM input or LMA-3 (AuxBox). Basically it's a great stuff if buy together with LMA-3. KSP at Sunway selling at RM2000 for LM-1 basic kit + LMA-2. I bet if come with LMA-3 it will be almost RM2500. DOwn side = still utilize serial cable which most of the notebook no longer has serial port.

As for Dynojet Wideband commander, it come as complete kit:
Wide Band Commander Module, 270 Degree Sweep 2 1/16th Electric Gauge, Bosch 5-Wire LSU4 Wide Band Sensor, Wide Band 02 Sensor Wiring Harness , Multi-Function Cable , Power Cable , USB Cable , Sensor Bung and Plug , Gauge Mounting Hardware with Bulb Covers, Wide Band Commander Software

Function: AFR reading through AFR gauge, digital AFR reading through notebook, datalog with TPS and RPM input.
but now all after market ECU still using serial port ,

that mind LM-1 +LM-2+LM3 together the function will same like Dynojet izzit?

Dynojet RM2280 from Aerotec , just call them yesterday

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
Innovate LM-1 + LM3 function is sligtly more then Dynojet in term of MAP input. Innovate able to plot the AFR in RPM vs MAP table which is very useful for fuel map fine tune for standalone ECU.
LM-1 not only read AFR but also Lamda.
LM-1 bulky and need additional device (LM2 or LM3 to do datalog)
Dynojet Wideband Commander - All in one.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i use to have that problem. change port settings on laptop and baud rate for stability.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Klg,

The reason is the wideband 02 sensor and not the system

Its not meant to be daily driven.

Even MOTEC's 02 sensor will kaput if daily driven.

Regardless if its Dynojet, Innovate, MOTEC, etc, the wideband O2 is not meant for daily driven (unless you're willing to fork out RMX,XXX to replace the wideband 02 sensor periodically)

zaki

Known Member
Dec 7, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
EG9 said:
Innovate LM-1 + LM3 function is sligtly more then Dynojet in term of MAP input. Innovate able to plot the AFR in RPM vs MAP table which is very useful for fuel map fine tune for standalone ECU.
LM-1 not only read AFR but also Lamda.
LM-1 bulky and need additional device (LM2 or LM3 to do datalog)
Dynojet Wideband Commander - All in one.
LM-1 reads Lambda and then only it will change to AFR value. Stoich AFR between Gasoline, Diesel, Methanol are different. but stoich lambda for those fuel are the same - Lambda 1.0

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
According to MoTeC PLM manual,the wideband sensor should last AT LEAST 500 hours when used with unleaded gasoline,with leaded gasoline,the life is approx 50hours only.So,use unleaded and do not use wide band sensor permanently.

cHeMiCaL_

Known Member
Feb 11, 2005
i have dynojet wideband commander. Did comparison with innovate before i bought it. Innovate basic didn't impress me.

At early stage you're 'semangat' to monitor all with notebook pc - do the logs and such... but after a while, you tend to ignore the functionality - all you need to see is the white / blacke face mechanical AFR meter. This wideband commander is important if you want to make sure your AFR stays healthy all the time. A must for performance enthuast. What's satisying is that you can give it a glimpse during high speed driving and have a safe feeling that you're engine wont explode because of lean AFR.

sensors can last 80k km i was told - have not changed the LSU4 sensor yet and has driven about 10k km. Everything seems to be working perfectly.

klgauto

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 27, 2004
Klang Sentral
Joeker said:
Klg,

The reason is the wideband 02 sensor and not the system

Its not meant to be daily driven.

Even MOTEC's 02 sensor will kaput if daily driven.

Regardless if its Dynojet, Innovate, MOTEC, etc, the wideband O2 is not meant for daily driven (unless you're willing to fork out RMX,XXX to replace the wideband 02 sensor periodically)
Aerotec boss told me he had install Dynojet at his civic for many year ago ( 80k++ km) it still without any problem,

but than someone told me it can't install for daily use !

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Introducing the new medium size bottle for TUFOIL with 946ml of great stuff.

Retail introductory price is about RM 209.

Since this larger bottle contains about 4 times the TUFOIL as in the normal 237ml bottle, this can be considered a price saver.Normal price for 4 botttles is about RM 240.Hence those with 2 cars and above should consider this optional pack.

At the moment, all 4 Ace Hardware outlets in the Klang Valley carry this new packing.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience