MTX Wideband Air Fuel Ratio Gauge..

boxcar_racer

Oct 3, 2007
hi guys,
anybody can tell me about "MTX Wideband Air Fuel Ratio Gauge"??..anyone experienced it??

boxcar_racer

Oct 3, 2007

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
the accuracy..advantages..and endure/sensitivity of the sensor from water/splash..
Accuracy wise, it's a yes... It's good with the correct calibration maintenance.

Advantages are
Compact units and fancy outlook.
It uses eugo sensor. It auto free air calibrate.

Durability
Is good if it's taken care well. Some of the things will safe the sensor are
1: do not warm up the sensor every morning during cold start. Water vapor will hit the hot sensor. Thus will damage the sensor.
2: always stay connected when running with exhaust and stay disconnected when not running. The heater inside te sensor will damage the o2 sensor.
3:avoid wire having direct contact with heat source for too long. Tie them nicely.

Water splash?? The sensing unit is suppose to have minimum contact with water. Outer part, no problem. All wiring are well insulated and weather proof.

boxcar_racer

Oct 3, 2007
Ooo..ok...
"do not warm up the sensor every morning during cold start"...in other words??

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Last time innovate told ppl to warm up the sensor before car starts.... Meaning to say, ign on.... wait till the gauge got reading only start the car...

But after doing lots of research on their damaged sensors, they realize the vapour in the engine when it's cold will damage the hot sensor which was warm up...

So, straight start the car in the morning instead...

boxcar_racer

Oct 3, 2007
ooo...ok..understood..thanks bro...one more thing what's the current price in malaysia??

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
ooo...ok..understood..thanks bro...one more thing what's the current price in malaysia??
850-1000. Ard there... Let me know if u're interested. I can recommend u a shop that is cheap. Just to avoid offending merchant ard here