Driving HK registered car back to Malaysia.

babyken

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
I'm Malaysian, now in HK, got a Nissan Fairlady 350Z.
but wonder, is it possible do a road trip from HK to Malaysia?:driver:
i do noticed back in Malaysia there's some Europe registered plate cross boarding into Malaysia.
Car registered under my wife's name. Bought cash. 25k oni for 350Z :biggrin:
check Google map, apprx. 7xxxKM... wahahaha...:hmmmm:

From HK to China : it should be ok, just have to get an IDP, or a China driving license.

Get into Thailand/Malaysia : should be having Car registration document, buy a Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand 3-in-1 3rd party insurance, dont really know what's more... since i'm a Malaysian, seems ok for me.

damm... i think i only can let the car stay in border Malaysia for 3 months and then i have to re-enter Malaysia again in order to get 3 months permit again??? :hmmmm:

it is all? anyone can share any experience or knowledge to me?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yup..agree with danz....

the most important to drive outside registered car in malaysia was the international license....

then u have to worry about the passport

then the border pass including thailand etc etc etc....

not to mention the money to support your trip...

HypoGXII

Jan 14, 2010
K.L.
IDP is a non-issue. Just pay some money 150 bucks IIRC and get it done, it's released on the same day. A smarter idea would be to ship it to Thailand and drive it in? Not sure what is Thailands law regarding cars being shipped in, might wanna check it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): Is it really the end for cheap and rare imported used parts? The Government has finally decided to gradually phase-out certain components namely, brake pads, tyres, batteries and so on, before moving on to more critical items...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience