Doggiestyler does bira!!!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Doggiestyler

Known Member
Jul 4, 2008
In case u guys were wondering where i've been since the last posting, well .... actually I've been busy .... To put the subject line into perspective (I know with a Headline like that ... u guys must be thinking something else!!) ...

Doctor & I_Drive_E33 should know this place .... Been there honing my techniques & to correct my driving flaws (yes, there were alot ... some that i thought i was driving correctly was inactual fact the opposite).

There were a few teams practising on the track preparing for the "One Make Series Race" ... basically same make of cars challenge each other ...
There were a 2 female racers at that time ... during the break, they stripped off partially their racing suits (of course still wearing their tank tops ...what were u guys thinking of ....Jeez!) but didn't snap any photos becoz was "busy" listening to the Instructor ....

In the morning it was raining .. so this made the track wet & slippery. In the 1st lap only lock the front wheels before a chicane & managed to manoeuver back to position without skidding off the track.

Afternoon session was better as the rain stopped & the track dried up. The track is technically challenging as one E33 spun out of the track at the final hairpin before the straight & another E33 overshot turn 1 hairpin and crashed into the barrier.

Being a technically challenging track (sloping downhills & fast chicanes etc.) , was able to practise the Heel & toe technique, brake & trolling brake.....

Got some valuable advice regarding each turn, mistakes made, what could have been better done, etc. with the Instructor seated beside...
and of course, the mis-conception that no braking coming into a corner but actually lifting off the accelerator is actually not faster than braking as the car can be controlled better & taking the turn more stable.

Of course, i've had it easy thus far using a 4WD Evo. But practisicing the techniques on a FWD is more challenging as locking the wheels and positioning the car turning into a corner & coming out of it.

Here's a sampler .......

The circuit

Some of the cars in the Circuit

Last edited:

Doggiestyler

Known Member
Jul 4, 2008
A little on Bira International Circuit .....

Bira Circuit -- the only FIA certified track in Thailand and home to numerous racing events ranging from rally cars and trucks, to formula series racing and international motorcycle competition. The 2.41 km racetrack offers drivers a fast downhill straight, double apex corner, and multiple chicanes, making it a truly technical track for racers of all skill levels.

For experienced drivers, the course can be reserved for either private use of multiple car practice sessions. For those seeking to gain experience in racing, on-site professional driving instruction can be arranged. Here you can you learn the skills necessary to participate in local races, including the popular One Make Series races.

Motorcycle racers are also welcome at Bira Circuit, with a full-service racing school on premise to help develop and support racing talent. All necessary equipment is available for rent though their on-site driving school. Private vehicles are also permitted on the track, though safety standards must be rigidly adhered to. Call 085-110-1000 for details.

Bira Circuit is available for private use everyday, with motorcycle practice from 8am to 12pm and automobile practice from 12pm to 5pm.

For more information, pls. visit their webbie:- http://www.bira.co.th/n5-static.php?q=ourservice

Length: 2,410 Km. Or 1,498 Miles
Direction of track: Clockwise
Pole position (standing starts): Left
Reference width: 10 meters
Description: The circuit challenges drivers with a fast downhill double apex corner, requiring a suitable compromise in the car’s set-up.

Last edited:

Doggiestyler

Known Member
Jul 4, 2008
Some pictures after the grueling 8 sesssion (8 laps per session) training .....

Last edited:

Doggiestyler

Known Member
Jul 4, 2008
Ohh, ya ... the Instructors used to race in Formula 3000 against the likes of Sebastian Bourdais & Justin Wilson ...

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
Doggie , u look much 'cuter' in that 'blue suit' hehehehe:biggrin: welcome back...

Doggiestyler

Known Member
Jul 4, 2008
Azizi, do i know u?? :hmmmm:

anyway, thanx for the compliment & welcome back ...

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
haha...aziz how come u know DS?i bet u never meet him before,none of our member here did meet this newbie :rofl:

Doggiestyler

Known Member
Jul 4, 2008

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
aziz-see,u will never meet him la...trust me

anyway DS,how u get urself into this training?how much it cost u?
5115, I know him lah...from the picture i know edy hehehehe:biggrin: I just don't want to make it big deal...

ley

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2005
KL/M'CA
:listen:i know, MI know & lanevo6 know oso...:rofl:

Last edited:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Last edited:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
Wah, u all met him already ah ??? :rolleyes:
Wei Zi & Ley, ajak him out for TT la .... and ask him join MLOC ..... :driver:

***Pls. see signature***

:thefinger::stupid: i tot he was a member of MLOC ald

Doggiestyler

Known Member
Jul 4, 2008
:thefinger::stupid: i tot he was a member of MLOC ald
Nope, 5115 ... as Doggiestyler i'm not .. Have sent request to Leslie for the application form .. :biggrin:

Doggiestyler

Known Member
Jul 4, 2008
anyway DS,how u get urself into this training?how much it cost u?
I sent my application online ... & since i was on holiday around the area, just thought i'll give it a try since the training in Malaysia are normally not run on actual tracks.

So, 'killin' 2 birds with 1 stone' coz since i'm already there on holiday, save the flight cost there ...

Flight was kinda cheap ...around RM500 (return) on budget airline la ... haha

the course fee ranges from RM700 to RM 5400 all inclusive on notes, personal guidance & driving the Formula Renault car ....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

saw this happen when i was coming back on holiday near the paddy field area between sitiawan and teluk intan.van driver hit a kelisa and left the scene.the poor gal driving the kelisa, she was lying on the steering after she moved the car to the side.the van driver didnt even stop to look at her.

saw this coz the van overtook us in heavy rain after a few second the accident happened,only a few metres in front just few metres, 2 cars to be exact.

gave chase and try taking pic of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience